“Great location, fabulous art work, comfortable”

The Listel Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with my partner. We wanted something central in Vancouver and you don't get much more central than Robson street; everything in Downtown is within walking distance. The hotel is comfortable and the staff were courteous. The bar downstairs (O'Douls) had really lovely food and a great wine selection. The staff were very prompt and knowledgeable. The hotel prides itself on its green initiatives and I have to say, I think it's commendable. More hotels should go the extra mile in conservation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,377)

Reviewed 10 April 2011

From booking, checking in to checking out. Front desk was amazing, very helpful with directions or any infromation I needed. Will stay again and would recommend others to stay. Great hotel and great staff.
Jackie k and Clarie
Prince George BC

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Probably one of the best hotel stays I've ever had. From the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out, we received excellent customer service. I believed that they went above and beyond to make sure our stay made us feel right at home. Every staff member that we came across were friendly and very helpful. It's in a great location, within walking distance of a variety of stores and restaurants. Their O'Doul's restaurant have THE BEST Eggs Benedict, you've got to try them all =) There's no doubt that we'd come back and stay here over and over again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna C
Reviewed 4 April 2011

The staff in this hotel are very friendly, and the service was wonderful. The rooms are newley renovated. Perfect location for shopping on Robson downtown Vancouver. The price is amazing for the quality of the room and the location.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2011

I thought that the rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I did not appreciate the lack of personality and service from the waitress (Melanie) at Sunday morning brunch. I even asked how her day was going to spark conservation and I don't feel as though she wanted to reciprocate. My friend had asked for whole wheat bread but was given multi grain bread without even being told that they did not have the former. (Multigrain bread is not the same as whole wheat bread). I also did not appreciate being charged $9.99 for listening to music on the television when I did not see anywhere on the screen that it cost anything and I certainly did not confirm any charge to listen to music. Furthermore, I was not impressed by the rude response I received from one of the front desk agents when I explained my actions. I would definitely want some redemption before staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Travelbug80_604
Tsawwassen-Jim, General Manager at The Listel Hotel Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2011

While I'm happy of course to read that you found our hotel comfortable, I'm sorry you were not impressed! Typically I think, as can be read in TripAdvisor, we receive great feedback regarding the friendly personable service throughout the building, but that certainly doesn't mean that we meet every expectation every time and I'm sorry if we fell short in this case.

With regards to the charge for music, Lodgenet Entertainment Systems provide in-room entertainment options to many (most) hotels in North America, while the hotels generally don't receive remuneration for the sale of the products (pay-per-view movies, music, games etc...) Lodgenet does charge for the rental. The system explains several times during the ordering process that there is a charge and does note the amount of the charge and gives the consumer ample opportunity not to purchase. That said, the hotel offers a wide array of free to guest TV channels, an AM/FM radio and in most rooms (but not all), DVD players and IPod docking options.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

Staying at the Listel was a pleasure. The Hotel is not too large that they have forgotten what true service with a friendly smile is each time you have to talk to the staff which are more like Host's. The rooms are very clean and quite yet you are 2 minutes walk from the center of Vancouver for everything.
The food was excellent with a great selection of British Columbia wines.

Room Tip: Excellent to stay on the 4th floor (419).
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Lawson C
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The Listel is first of all NOT a corporate cookie-cutter venue. It's a thoughtfully designed boutique hotel on the best shopping street in Vancouver (Robsen) with a fabulous restaurant featuring live jazz and a great chef. The hotel has a most unusual arrangement with local art galleries and museums and features an art floor graced with Pacific Northwest native art. You'll find original masks, prints, carvings in the hallways and in your room and suites. The staff is obviously happy to be working there and their enthusiasm is evident. The Listel is highly recommended with distinction.

Room Tip: Ask for a room or suite on the art floor.
Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business