“Oh Canada! (National anthem) Trendy Modern Hotel”

The Listel Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This is the last leg of my B-day/Easter week trip, into Vancouver, Canada, via Friday Harbour, & Orcas Islands. After leaving Rosario Resort & Spa (Orcas, see my other reviews) while at Rosario, I first called Listel in Canada, to inquire into vacancies for a couple of days, expecting to find none, when to my surprise, they said they could accommodate me. I inquired into the types of accommodations available, & told them how "particular" I was. Was assured they would " take good care of me". Based on their assurances, I logged onto my iPad, booked the "special" they were offering, Bingo! Upon Very late arrival (1:00AM), unloading luggage, I was led to an "up-graded Suite" on their Museum level floor! Fantastic! Was all I could say. Spacious, modern, clean, 3 rooms of luxury! Perfect. Location both quiet & right downtown on Robson St., (center of main shopping area). Once I handed my car over to valet, car was stored in secured inside parking, never saw or needed my car for the entire,3 days stay. ( had not booked 3, but requested it next morning) accommodated me without having to change rooms. There are too many "extras" & fine attention to detail to list them all here. Let's just say that, "I Can't wait to return" - P.S. This was my first return to Vancouver, Whistler, & Canada, since The Millennium, for 3 weeks. Way to welcome me back Canada!!! Au Revoir!

Room Tip: Ask for Inside court/garden room, and if you can swing it, book on Museum Floor. Definitely worth it...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. The staff were helpful and the room was basically clean but it was not at all what I was expecting and, while I don't feel I have anything concrete to complain about, I would not go back and couldn't recommend it to anyone.

The room was dark and somewhat depressing. The hotel felt characterless/soul-less and devoid of anything to make you want to stay there. The much vaunted artwork was there but didn't do anything to bring life to the place. It all felt tired and in need of renovation. Definitely not a place to energise you for sightseeing around Vancouver and overall not a good experience.

We did try the restaurant for breakfast but only the once!

Room Tip: Try a different hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My sister and I treated my mom to a gals getaway in Vancouver in January. What a great experience for each of us. The staff really went out of their way to be accommodating. The hotel itself was a wonderful find - clean rooms, extra amenities and an amazing breakfast at the onsite restaurant - with again, the best staff anybody could ever hope for. Service is such an important part of visiting a hotel for my family and we were blown away by the service here. These folks are warm, friendly and just plain good people! Cara at the front desk and Dean in the restaurant were outstanding. I will come back this summer to enjoy more of what The Listel Hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: We picked a room on the 9th floor to help with street noise, are were delighted to find we couldn...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This is a solid 3 star property with excellent front desk staff. The room was adequate for the price and the Robson street location was great. We had a very nice breakfast at Forage also with excellent service. The only con was that the bed was not comfortable. Very hard.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I stayed at the Listel hotel on business - and was really pleased with the service and the location. My room was large - lots of room for working to prepare for the many meetings we had lined up. I overlooked Robson - with a large window bench so I could sit and people watch. The location was perfect, I could easily nip out to grab a bite to eat, get some fresh air or do some power shopping. Room service was great, food was fresh and exactly how I ordered it and the best best part was the amazing french press coffee delivered to my door every morning.
Seriously - the best place to stay.
Try it out!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Listel is situated on Robson street, one of the busiest shopping streets in Vancouver, they provide great accommodation and service. I do miss the Odouls restaurant that used to be there, they've been replaced by a trendy restaurant that caters to a different crowd than those who might check in late and get up too late for brekkies which ends at 1000.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Meticulously clean rooms. Friendly, helpful staff. Prime location. Very high standard of service.

The hotel sends out "guestfolio" emails in the week prior to arrival with excellent information about the weather, neighbourhood highlights, recommended city-wide attractions, and maps. It's a great service that really helps in planning and orientation to the city.

Room Tip: Museum floor rooms were very quiet.