“Pleased with everything”

The Listel Hotel Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We paid an average of $215 CAD for a 7-day stay in August 2014 (before the taxes and fees) and thought it was a good value. The room was a good size and very clean, and we liked the art from the Museum of Anthropology that decorated it. The location is very good: Robson St. has many dining choices and the hotel is walking distance from Stanley Park, the waterfront on both sides, and the central downtown area. The nearby West End residential neighborhood is also very pleasant. The wifi was questionable a few times in the early evening.

Room Tip: Four rooms on the top floor have outdoor patios, which are very pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vjleone
Write a ReviewReviews (2,350)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

As noted by other reviewers, the Listel's location is excellent, and the front desk staff were invariably helpful. The springy figure sculptures by the elevator offer fine therapeutic relief... Forage, the restaurant that serves the hotel, was excellent, especially for breakfast.

Room Tip: A couple of 4th floor rooms have balconies.
1  Thank waterguy41
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Listel for two nights and it was perfect. We had a very comfortable room, free wifi and Eco-friendly amenities in the room. The location is pretty good, on a busy section of Robson street, but we still drove everywhere. Parking at the hotel was a bit pricey ($36/day) but otherwise, we were very happy with our stay!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Grace G
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This is a very good hotel, in a good location, polite and friendly staff. It has lots of good transport links and restaurants near by to go eat at. Good comfy rooms nice shower. Wireless connection is survivable but not the best. One of the best features was the gym which was well kitted out

Room Tip: Get a room close to the art gallery beneath it... they have much better wifi than the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank utdminiman
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Went to Vancouver with my husband and daughter,July 14-19,2014. We stayed at the Listel Hotel on RobsonSt. The hotel was small , but comfortable for us. The staff was very friendly and ready to help with answers to questions ,calling for taxis(we needed a lift van for my husband's mobility scooter) and making recommendations . We did not eat at the hotel restaurant, but the people dining there seemed to be having a great time. The hotel is located in the middle of many restaurants and places for shopping. It is convenient to walk to Stanley Park, and to the Skytrain station.

Room Tip: Our room was located in the back; not much scenery, but quiet at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank willgoagain_11
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Listel for one night. We were given an upgrade on arrival without asking, and had a very large living room/bedroom open plan space. We were on the 2nd floor, so didn't have a view, but that was ok. The front desk staff were attentive and friendly, and the valet parking was part of a package we found online, so that saved nearly $40. The room we had was a bit dark, with dark walls and not a lot of lights, but was otherwise clean and pleasant. There are lots of electronic options for people who want to watch their own movies or listen to music, by plugging your own equipment into the jacks provided (bring your cables.) The Listel has a large art collection that you can tour, and the hallways have some very interesting modern works. Cabs are easy to get along Robson Street, and the front desk staff can call them for you if you don't want to try flagging one down yourself.

The neighborhood around the hotel is packed with restaurants and shops, so there is plenty to do in easy walking distance. We had dinner across the street at a Chinese 'wun ton' shop, $15.00 for plenty of food for 2! Then for breakfast we went around the corner to a bakery cafe and had pastries. The hotel has a deluxe restaurant but we weren't hungry enough to do it justice. The hotel also offers free wine around 5:00 pm, and the small crowd was very young and urban. There are meeting facilities for smaller events - it would make for a very nice private birthday party or anniversary event. It's not cheap but the Listel is a very nice base for a night on the town.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back alley look out at nice smaller apartments and houses in the "West End.&qu...
1  Thank Matt_Vancouver58
Reviewed 4 August 2014

GOT RIPPED OFF. went to our room and there was a massive STAIN on the bed. told the manager and they moved us into a "better" room. I thought that was great until I realized they were going to make their money back in other ways....
It all seemed fine until I moved the lamp and it broke off (screw on the bottom was loose) in my hand, it started sparking cause the wires inside were faulty and I called them to tell them about it. they came and removed the lamp in about 5 minutes and I go downstairs and talk to the manager and he told me I would be charged for the cost of the lamp (serious??)
I told them I could have just put the screw back on the bottom and no one would have known, that I was trying to save them from a fire but they were adamant that it was my fault. and that I have to pay for the ridiculous charge.
they call me a week and a half later telling me they want to charge me more than $650!! that I would be charged for a second lamp so they could match and the labour costs. I told them I could only be liable for for the lamp cost if anything. they decide to buy the most expensive lamp and charge me 180 bucks of labour (for 5 minutes of work, are you kidding me?). ($380 total)
I found the a almost the exact same lamp online for 50 bucks and they want to charge me 215 bucks for a new completely different designer lamp....
This place is ridiculous and staying here will only get you ripped off. Dont Stay Here!!

7  Thank soheil z