“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Calgary
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

We stayed at the Listel Hotel from December 31st, 2009 to January 4th, 2010 for a quick getaway for New Year's. This was our first time staying in downtown Vancouver. This is a truly amazing hotel. The service is excellent and the location right on Robson Street can't be better. The rooms are very clean and quiet. This is definitely the place to stay for us when we'll be back in Vancouver. Cost for valet parking is a little steep ($26/day), but this is common for the area.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
B.C.Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2009

We won 2 nights stay at the Listel Hotel.
Arrived very tired from a long flight and were welcomed by friendly desk staff.
Found a lovely clean End room on the Gallery (5th) Floor ,with a very good view of Robson Street and the Harbor .
In room coffee maker with supplies was complementary, with very good coffee. Nice bathroom. Nice window seat to sit and people watch.
There is a Hot but and exercise room on the 2nd. floor.
Umbrella's at the desk for quests use (found this out after we got rained on).
We were treated very well ,no difference than any paying guest.
We enjoyed our stay and would return to the Listel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoLeen2
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2009

Great location on Robson Street... friendly, welcoming staff, clean and comfortable rooms, close to Stanley Park, 25 minute walk to Yaletown or Gastown... it was a really lovely place to stay and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three nights with my partner in mid-November. This hotel is rather unique as some room's and most of the corridors contain artworks on loan from local museums. The room I stayed in on the sixth floor contained local first nation artwork from the University of BC. Some of this artwork can be purchased.

This alone separates the Listel from most other hotels.

I stayed in a room with a king-size bed which was as comfortable as it was wide and I had a view over Robson Street which was welcome. For the first night of our stay we were on the second floor and this room faced a bleak back street and we were woken by the noise of a garbage truck. When we bought thgis to the managements attention they had no hesitation in moving us to a room on the sixth floor with a view and less noise.

One difference between the rooms was that the second floor room had a large flat screen tv mounted on the wall, whilst the sixth floor room had an old-style tv in a cupboard.

The bathroom was small but adequate. There was a mini fridge in the room stocked to overflowing with every type of drink imaginable. You would have to be a heavy duty drinker to even go close to emptying this bar fridge.

There were coffee making facitities in the room, but as is usual for North American hotels no hot water jug for tea drinkers like me. The water from the coffee pot is never hot enough to make a good cup of tea.

The service was excellent and all the staff I encountered were extra friendly.

The Listel is located at the Stanley Park end of Robson Street, but still within an easy walk of most Vancouver attractions.

The only negative of the stay was the high price of parking ($20 I think) at the hotel. Way too much for guests!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank akmacca
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

From the reservation booking agent, to the front desk staff, to our room, it was beyond our expectations. Our room had a huge balcony with a view of the harbour and mountains. We could walk to everywhere from the hotel and enjoyed great restaurants in the area. I really liked how environmentally active the Listel is. Everything from their heating and air conditioning to their soap dispensers had the environment in mind. The King sized bed in our room was the only thing that could have been a little less hard, but was certainly adequate. There was lovely art throughout the hotel, including in our room.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lamsteropolis
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

Well after reading the petty reviews on here I have decided to write review as I am laying in bed right now at The Listel. They have a great early check in I didn't have to wait until 3pm like some hotels. It's everything even a Bon Crepe (japanese crepe stand it's closed until the 17th) a great parfait place up the road. Nothing is out of reach for this hotel. If you need supplies two blocks up is a London Drugs, 7eleven for prepaid phone minute refills (lol) and a Money Mart.
Very sweet and professional staff even though they were more interested in hearing me speak (Southern Accent).
I didn't too much like using the key to work the elevator, it was a bit of a hassle every time I went out but meh the price of safety lol. They currently have one elevator working due to maintenance which is cool. I don't believe there are enough ppl staying here to bother with it. The hallways are pretty dark, but I like it less light saves energy. My room is great I was put in a room with a King sized bed and plenty of space. closet is a bit dated but hey, its a closet. They should just upgrade these rooms a bit but whatever, I'm happy.
I had to call the hotel on my cell phone to inform them that the phone didn't work in the room.
Besides that I love this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AdrianeYos
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

The cleanliness of my room on arrival was such that I had to be moved to another room. Beware the breakfast vouchers in the restaurant. You get an inferior menu with no flexibility whatsoever as to what you can choose to eat. Altogether very disappointing ... and the hotel foyer is freezing as the doors are left wide open.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mandm61
JimMockford, General Manager at The Listel Hotel Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
Cleanliness is of course a paramount issue for any hotel. As noted in our TripAdvisor comments, cleanliness at The Listel Hotel is highly rated... that said, mistakes do happen on occasion, although I'm not familiar with this particular case clearly the guest was not satisfied. Breakfast was purchased for the guest by her employer, the restaurant was not involved in the menu decision making. And finally, yes the lobby door did malfuntion during the guests stay and it was chilly in the lobby until the door was repaired.