“Great location”

Ranked #49 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of a 19 day fly-drive around BC. Although we didn't have a suite, the room was very spacious, clean, quiet (can't remember to floor but it was quite high up) and the beds were almost too comfortable ( if that is possible). Excellent location for English Bay, Stanley Park, a plethora of restaurants in Denman Street and buses to other locations. The continental breakfast was excellent. Staff throughout were very friendly, courteous and helpful. I do agree with another comment about no room safe; there would be room in the wardrobe to fit one. I know safes were available in the lobby but that's not always convenient. Hotel a little dated and could do with some TLC and redecoration. That said, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear ser45

Thank you for your recent review. It was wonderful to read that your bed was almost too comfortable. Beds comfort is so important for a hotel stay. I t is great that you were able to enjoy the excellent location, friendly staff and continental breakfast. When you return, we look forward to being your host again.

Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

When booking a hotel, I always request a quiet room away from the elevators and service areas. Most of the time, I get the room behind the elevator right across from the ice machine and beside the utility closet! Seriously?
But when I checked into the Coast Plaza, the front desk clerk said that because of my request of a quiet room, they were upgrading me to a 2 bedroom suite on a top floor! What a wonderful way to start my vacation/business trip!
The room was huge - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a very large living room and a full kitchen. I was so happy to see cupboards with normal hangars, chest of drawers to be able to upack my things and room on the bathroom counters to put my toiletries! Excellent!
The 2 balconies offered wonderful views of English Bay, Stanley Park, Lion's Gate Bridge and the Northshore mountains.And not to mention, gorgeous sunrises and sunsets!
The location of this hotel is awesome. I parked the car when I arrived and then drove it back to the airport. You can walk everywhere - Stanley Park, Granville Island, the wonderful restaurants on Denman etc!
My only comment is that there is no room safe. In this day and age of smartphones, iPads and identity theft, a room safe would be valuable.
As I do business in Vancouver, I will definitley be back!

Room Tip: Corner rooms have 2 balconies. Upper floors have more of a view.
2 Thank westeddy54
Dear westeddy54:

Thank you for your recent review. I was so glad to hear that our team was able to begin your stay with the simple but necessary provision of a quiet room away from service areas and elevators. I am also glad you enjoyed the huge room with plenty of space for you to relax and unwind in. So glad you were able to enjoy our great location that has so much to offer. I am glad you do business in Vancouver, as we can’t wait to have you back.

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed here for the second time earlier this month and liked it just as much as we did five years ago. The Coast Plaza has one of the best locations in the city and we're able to get around by walking or using public transportation. Denman street has lots of great choices for restaurants of every ethnic variety, it's in the midst of the very appealing West End neighborhood, and it's just blocks from Stanley Park or downtown. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with views of downtown and English Bay. The suite is comfortable, not luxurious. Easy to feel at home here. The beds were new and very comfortable and the rooms were quiet, we were on the 27th floor.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Linda W:

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your recent stay as much as you enjoyed your stay 5 years ago. I agree with you that our West End location is appealing, convenient and close to so many great restaurants. I am glad you felt at home. I hope you can return again soon.

Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We spent 5 nights as part of a conference. The conference rate was quite reasonable and the hotel is in a great location. We had a decent view and a full kitchen and the room was spacious and comfortable. The wi-fi is iffy in the rooms, but I had adequate signal most of the time. The pool is long enough for laps and the dry sauna is clean and usable.

Unlike some hotels which say they won't change your towels but do anyway, they only changed out the towels when we asked them to. The bath products were great.

Room Tip: City-side rooms have a better view higher up since you can see more of the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Miriam V:

Thank you for your recent review. I am very glad that you were able to enjoy the amenities at the Coast Plaza. I am also glad that you found the rooms spacious and comfortable and enjoyed the views. I was proud to read that you valued our environmental initiatives and can verify that we stand by our commitments. I hope we can be your host again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband and I took our first stab at Hotwire while on a west coast road trip and came upon this hotel. We stayed for 4 nights and had a comfortable room with a king size bed, outfitted kitchen, and sitting room. Upon check out, my husband commented on the difficulty accessing the wifi and the desk staff immediately reimbursed our daily parking fee to compensate for the inconvenience. We walked almost everywhere as Stanley Park, English Bay, numerous restaurants, shops, grocery store, liquor store and drug store were close by. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning to Vancouver and the Coast.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear travelbug5300:

Thank you for your recent review. I am very happy to read that you and your husband were pleased with your first Hotwire experience. It is great that you enjoyed fabulous value at our property and were able to explore the area with ease. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 15 October 2013

The hotel is well located. Many restaurants within blocks. English Bay mere minutes away. Stanley Park within 20 minute walk.
Staff is very helpful and warm. It is an older hotel which has been well maintained over the years.

Dear russchambers:

Thank you for being an ambassador for the Coast Plaza. We are so grateful for your loyalty and are proud to be your home away from home.

Kind Regards,

Director of Operations.
Yellowknife
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed again last week for 5 nights. Clean room with comfy bed, balcony overlooking English Bay & well equipped kitchenette as usual. Unlimited Starbucks coffee provided this time. Unobtrusive staff seem to genuinely like working there and go out of their way to be helpful. Great value. I wouldn't even think about staying anywhere else in Vancouver.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brian R, Manager at Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear ykmichael:

Thank you for your recent review. I am thrilled that you would not think of staying anywhere else in Vancouver. I am also glad that you enjoyed your room with comfy bed, well equipped kitchen and balcony with great English Bay views. Thank you for pointing out that our staff seems to genuinely appear to like working here. Our staff is our strongest asset and makes the difference for many of our guests. I look forward to seeing you again soon.