What we loved: the location can't be beat. Easy walk to Stanley Park, dynamic street life right out the door, great restaurants everywhere you turn. The views were fantastic from our high-up floor, which made it very enjoyable to look out over English Bay and Stanley Park to the north shore mountains. Also, the service was just the way I like it ... quick and courteous when you need it, but not over done, like I've experienced at some other downtown hotels. The parkade had quite a few spaces that are actually large enough to park in easily with a large minivan (as well as some difficult ones).
What we didn't like: the hallways and lobby of the hotel look somewhat dated. Not run-down, but not fresh, either. (The interior of our room, however, was very nicely renovated). The pool is in the basement, so it works fine for kids, but not a great place for adults to lounge.
Overall, we will definitely stay at this hotel again when we visit Vancouver. We have stayed there five or six times, and have tried at least 5 other downtown hotels. None come close to this combination of value for the money with a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary 35-story Hotel located downtown, near Stanley Park & English Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coast Plaza Hotel And Suites
- Coast Plaza Vancouver
- Coast Plaza Hotel Vancouver