The Westin Grand, Vancouver
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$365
US$327
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$279
Fairmont Waterfront(Vancouver)
US$595
US$559
US$340
US$315
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$378
St Regis Hotel
US$589
US$500
US$338
Residence Inn
1,838 results
All reviewsheavenly bedgreat locationmini kitchenpublic libraryrobson streetdeluxe suiteliving roombc placetim hortonsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsliquor storeoutdoor poolrogers arenaan upgradecentral locationfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We just stayed there for a weekend. The location was ideal for us; drove to Richmond for a day and then spent a day downtown. There are many great restaurants around the hotel. We did take-out and brought it back to our room for relaxing dining with our jumpy 3-yr old. The room was equipped with a mini-kitchen with microwave, real dishes and silverware, a coffee table that is at the right height for dining. It also has a dishwasher!!! We did not use it but it was a surprise. Also, there is a Tim Horton's right next to the hotel. Very easy to get coffee and donuts! There are also multiple 7-11s within a block or two of the hotel. We stopped there for quick snacks like milk, chips and fresh fruits. The room also have a nice tub and separate shower. My kid loves the deep tub; it was like a mini-swimming pool for her. Overall, no compliant; would recommend to friends. Could not give it a 5th star because it was not a super-star hotel; just a solid 4-stars.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view. It was by the elevator but not noisy at all. I would ask nicely for an upgrade; the staff is nice and accommodating.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tmelon
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear tmelon,

Thank you for your comments, I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us, including our location and amenities.

We certainly look forward to have you visit us again soon.

Bryce Beatty

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Last December ( on our anniversary), my husband and I had the chance to stay one night at this very nice hotel. The bedroom was very nice, separate living area, bathroom and modern kitchen.Gorgeous view.Right in Downtown The hotel restaurant is a must to try.Food was excellent and the service was very good.Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Westin Grand for 5 nights for a combined business and pleasure trip and felt that it was one of the best Westin experiences we've ever had. It was easy to get to via the Skytrain and in walking distance to many of the destinations on our list. While our biggest complaint about Westins is that they don't normally provide free wifi, on this visit we were given free wifi access as part of a promotion and it really made a big difference in the enjoyment of our stay. We also loved the in-room convenience kitchen with a small sink, microwave, dishwasher and mini-bar refrigerator that allowed us the option of buying a few things from Granville Market (or the next door grocery and liquor stores) to bring back to the room. Just wished the existing refrigerator wasn't quite so stocked full with beverages for purchase so that there was a little bit more room for the guest's storage purposes but we just temporarily relocated the items to make space. The room was a tad bit on the small side but fine for the two of us. I had trouble sleeping well the first couple nights (unusual on a Westin bed) because the mattress tilted up fairly steeply from the middle toward the foot but we finally rotated it and it was fine. The city view from the 30th floor was phenomenal and was our favorite aspect of our stay. While other reviewers were bothered by the slowness of the elevators, we didn't find them to be particularly slow and never had to wait very long at all. Lastly, at the airport on the way back home I realized that I had left my phone charger in the room. They located the charger within a few minutes and have mailed it back to me. Great hotel and excellent service. I hope we get a chance to get back there soon.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This is by far the most expensive and most disappointing Westin I have stayed on. The rooms are rather small and unless you get a really good room (gold or platinum levels) your money is not worth the service. I mean, it is not bad but when you look at your bill things simply don't match up.

Location is its strongest point: in the core of downtown, and near to everything. The weakness are the price/services ratio, the internet is slow (even to watch Netflix in HD) and the gym which is small and has machines that are clearly 5+ years old with continous use and poor maintenance (e.g. cardio meter in treadmill is broken).

Room Tip: Chose rooms with separate living room and bedroom. They are impressive.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Dear Jalex2321,

Thank you for your review of the property, I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. We certainly strive to keep our prices very competitive with the rest of the city. I will be speaking with my IT & Engineering teams in regards to your comments, having a slow internet and machines that do not work perfectly is unacceptable and we will be addressing those immediately.

I certainly hope that we can have another chance to show you that we can do better. Please feel free to reach out to me directly next time you are coming to Vancouver so that I can ensure your stay is as perfect and care-free as possible. bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com

Bryce Beatty

Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was our second stay at the Westin Grand and once again it met all of our needs. There isn't a better location for visiting Vancouver for an event at any of the main downtown venues. Shoppers will also appreciate the variety of opportunities within easy walking distance.

Like all of the best hotels, their employees are their greatest asset. When our flight was canceled and we arrived a day late, Mark authorized a refund for the first night even though it was not required.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors, overlooking Robson Street with a view of B.C. Place are worth the cost especially if you are a first time visitor to Vancouver.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple