“I stay here every time I come to Vancouver”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 13 November 2012

I come to vancouver several times a year for business, and I always stay at the Westin Grand. It is centrally located, well maintained and has an extremely courteous staff. Recently I had an issue with my SPG points which was resolved hours after I brought it up.

This is an excellent hotel all in all -- highly recommended.

db

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank sfdb1

Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights. Easy access from the airport. A few blocks away from main shopping area. All Receptionist, bellstaff were nice and friendly. Room has a living room with comfy sofa, bathroom was with Westin shower head, floor heating, bed was very comfy. I lately have been away from Westin but wanted to back again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear live_baby_live,

Thank you for joining us all the way from Tokyo!! It was a pleasure to have you visiting the hotel and we are so glad that our associates were able to look after you so well.

We hope that we have convinced you to keep returning to Westin hotels worldwide and certainly look forward to your next trip back to Vancouver and the Westin Grand.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

The location on Robson is central downtown Vancouver and safe and convenient with many stores around.

This is a very nice property; the corner suites are great if you can get one.

Service was a particular plus: staff, including Les and Lindsay and Elizabeth, were all first-rate and went over and above to make our stay a great one. Will definitely return to this property...

Room Tip: Get one of the limited balconies on a high floor if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steven K
Reviewed 5 November 2012

From the moment we walked in we were treated as if we were being welcomed home .From the exceedingly professional staff, to the huge and very inviting bowl of crunchy green apples at the check in desk, all was perfect! The rooms were spacious, the heated bathroom floor heavenly, and the little "kitchen" is pure genius!! We will be back, for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elle009

Dear Elle009,

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your stay with us. We are so very happy that our associates and the property were able to make you feel so much like home. It is truly our pleasure to serve!

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was very impressed with the staff - always welcoming and ensuring I enjoyed my stay. I ate at "Hidden" in the main lobby and can honestly say it has been a long time since I have had service like that in a restaurant. Not only do they provide world class service, they truly seem to enjoy what they do.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to downtown Vancouver and I know I will return for my next business trip.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We just stayed there for a weekend. The location was ideal for us; drove to Richmond for a day and then spent a day downtown. There are many great restaurants around the hotel. We did take-out and brought it back to our room for relaxing dining with our jumpy 3-yr old. The room was equipped with a mini-kitchen with microwave, real dishes and silverware, a coffee table that is at the right height for dining. It also has a dishwasher!!! We did not use it but it was a surprise. Also, there is a Tim Horton's right next to the hotel. Very easy to get coffee and donuts! There are also multiple 7-11s within a block or two of the hotel. We stopped there for quick snacks like milk, chips and fresh fruits. The room also have a nice tub and separate shower. My kid loves the deep tub; it was like a mini-swimming pool for her. Overall, no compliant; would recommend to friends. Could not give it a 5th star because it was not a super-star hotel; just a solid 4-stars.

Room Tip: We had a room with a view. It was by the elevator but not noisy at all. I would ask nicely for an...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tmelon

Dear tmelon,

Thank you for your comments, I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us, including our location and amenities.

We certainly look forward to have you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Last December ( on our anniversary), my husband and I had the chance to stay one night at this very nice hotel. The bedroom was very nice, separate living area, bathroom and modern kitchen.Gorgeous view.Right in Downtown The hotel restaurant is a must to try.Food was excellent and the service was very good.Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple