“This is how it should feel!”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
White Rock, Canada
“This is how it should feel!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I was only able to stay 1 night, but the Heavenly Bed cradled me to sleep. I awoke refreshed and the health club facilities were amazing too, love that lap pool. The location, the decor and the level of comfort all make you feel very much like you're at a Westin. But the staff at this hotel are the truly amazing asset! Caring, friendly and attentive. Keep up the good work.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank modefan
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear modefan,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review! We're delighted to have made such an impression on you, especially with the Westin Heavenly Bed! We hope to see you again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California
Reviewed 9 December 2013

There is not enough positives to add about this staff. They were accommodating, friendly, efficient and professional. The rooms were very nice with tasteful decorations. The views from the hotel were incredible. I look forward to another return to this excellent hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for leaving us a 'perfect 5' review Sam! We truly appreciate it. We hope to see you again soon!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I was here on a two night stay as I had meetings in some of the government offices. First off, the staff is VERY attentive and wonderful. Perhaps it was just the timing of my stay - but regrettably the restaurant/bar was out of the some of the advertised items on the menu - both wines, a cocktail and some of the food items. The bartender/waiter was very pleasant about it - but it was a bit frustrating.

I had a small suite - and I think the kitchenette is one of the most clever amenities I have ever seen in a hotel. I also had a fantastic view and love the floor to ceiling windows. However, the room itself had very few electrical outlets - and the ones I could find were very inconvenient. Not having an outlet next to the bed to plug in my phone or ipad which I use as an alarm clock is frustrating. In addition, the room furnishings felt a little tired and could use some refreshing. I found the wifi to be very erratic in my room - but fine in the lobby and restaurant.

The health facility was also very nice - and while it was too cold when I was there to use the outdoor pool - it looked lovely.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear DC_Traveler46,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, I'm so glad that our staff was able to take such good care of you. However, I apologize for the frustrations you had regarding the restaurant and the electrical outlets in your room. We are currently in the design process for a room refurbishment, and outlet availability and ease will certainly be a priority.

I certainly hope that next time you are in Vancouver you will return to the Westin Grand.

Tsawwassen, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We decided to try the Westin Grand instead of where we normally stay..... Westin is definitely in a convenient location and it is very easy to have a night downtown with minimal walking and/or cab fare.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite which was a tad on the small side and didnt not offer a king size bed. However, it did have an entire kitchenette (toaster, microwave,dishwasher,sink,small fridge, cutlery, coffee maker, cups) which most places do not have.
Also, there is a tim hortons mere steps away from thier ground floor entrance but if thats still too far you can order your tims via room service.

Speaking of room service, the hash browns were incredible! So was the customer service from EVERY staff member... 12pm check-out was nice since its usually 11.. Who wants to wake up and pack & be out by 11 on a Sunday??

Overall, it was good value and I would definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank RK L
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear RK,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Those hash browns are delicious, aren’t they? I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I’ll be sure to pass your comments on to our team.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Our one-bedroom suite was perfection. From the moment we set foot on the property until the minute we left we felt pampered and could just unwind, relax and enjoy our weekday getaway. The staff were attentive to our every need.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Debbie,

Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re so glad to hear that you had an enjoyable and relaxing stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next getaway to Vancouver!

Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I didn't know what to expect but the Westin service was terrific right from the time we walked in to the time we ad to leave. The rooms were beautiful, roomy, very inviting the beds were very comfortable and the service was amazing. I will be back thank you for making me feel at home.

Room Tip: We loved the corner suit you can get a good feel for the city.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Patricia N
Dear Patricia,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Glad to hear that you were able to feel at home during your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This is a perfect place to stay for a business trip to Vancouver. I was there for only a few days. Location is perfect. Rooms are great. The view is amazing. Lots of restaurants around. I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors... the view is amazing.
Dear Montreal_Canada2011,

Thank you for your kind review. Glad to hear that you were able to make time to enjoy some of our wonderful surroundings while out here for business! We hope you come back to visit us again soon!