“nice warm hotel”

Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Richmond, Canada
“nice warm hotel”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

hotel is lovely and located in the heart of the city.
pool and weight room are wonderful.
The food at "hidden" is so good and not expensive
and service is the best, people that care all
around! good job everyone.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Thanks for your comments Steve! Our associates are truly what make us stand out, and I'm delighted to see they made a difference during your visit. We hope to see you again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
BC
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Westin Grand while we went to see the Nutcracker Ballet. We found the staff in all areas to be friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was nothing terribly special, but was clean and right next to the Centre for the Performing Arts and BC Place and surrounded by multiple excellent restaurants. The hotel restaurant was also very good for all meals. It is also pet friendly and that is a huge bonus to us as we travel with a companion dog. Overall a very nice stay worth the dollars.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Ginny,

Thank you for staying with us for your holiday visit! We're glad your puppy was able to enjoy his stay just as much as you. We hope to welcome you all again soon!

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Had not stayed in Vancouver before and had an overnighter there with my wife - we wanted to see as much of Vancouver as possible in an afternoon as we flew out early the next day.

First off, we arrived early in the morning and the front office staff bent over backwards to try and get us in to a room early - as we had flown some distance to get there we were really grateful for the help and the chance to shower.

Explaining that we wanted to see as much of the city as possible, they recommended we talk to the hotel Concierge Lisa. Can I say that I think Lisa is without doubt one of the very best hotel employees I have ever encountered - her knowledge and desire to genuinely help us were simply outstanding.

She gave us a great itinerary including tips on restaurants to eat at for lunc and for dinner and added "if you have trouble getting a table with these restaurants let them know I recommended you and see if they can help - well we did have trouble getting into one at Gastown, and sure enough they found us a table after we mentioned Lisa. Finally Lisa very kindly gave us her card and said no matter what time, if we were having trouble of got lost just to call her on her cell phone - just unbelievable service.

I hope the Westin management recognise what an asset they have there.

in terms of the hotel, all suite, plenty of room and of course those beds are super comfortable!!

Room Tip: all rooms are suites so all good - upper floors for the views! If you have time go to the Christm...
1 Thank matt s
Dear Matt,

It was a pleasure to welcome you on your very first trip to Vancouver! We are delighted that Lisa was able to make your stay more special. She is truly an invaluable member of our team. We hope to see you again on many future visits to come.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Every aspect of my stay at the Westin Grand was excellent, from the friendly greeting at my arrival until I left the following day. The suite was small but efficient. The view of the downtown with water glimpses was excellent. The most important feature to me was the location. Truly, the location could not have been better - close to transportation, restaurants, and shopping. I think this hotel would be perfect for anyone visiting Vancouver and wanting to see and do as much as they could in a short time - the excellent location puts you at the heart of the city

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you Arnold! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

My high rating of this hotel goes mostly to the amazing view of downtown Vancouver I had from my room on the 29th floor. It was breathtaking and I loved that one whole wall was floor to ceiling windows. The room itself was a cozy and clean apartment style set up. It is centrally located. I ate room service once (lobster pouting which was terrible!) and had breakfast in the restaurant once which was ok but they charged me $4.00 for a cup of coffee!! Awful coffee to boot. Take my advice and make your FREE coffee in your room before going to eat there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Dear Geena,

Thank you for sharing your review! We're glad you enjoyed that view, which is especially stunning today after Vancouver's significant snowfall. My apologies that you didn't enjoy the lobster poutine, which has won an award for best in the city. Please be sure to let us know the next time you visit and we'll be sure to recommend something you'll enjoy.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Even though I stayed only one night at the Westin Grand Vancouver, my time there was exceptional. Having just completed a graveyard shift, I was able to check in a lot earlier than usual thanks to a wonderful employee by the name of Christina. She made a note on my reservation regarding my early arrival time and if the room was not completely ready, they would find another room that would work for me. I still can't believe how accomodating they were. As usual, the property and room were kept clean and comfy. You could not go wrong by choosing this Westin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Nick,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see that we made such a positive first impression despite your short visit. I'll be sure to share your comments with Christina.

Kent, Washington
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I checked into the Westin Grand Vancouver Hotel the last weekend in November for the Beyonce concert which was very close to the concert venue, Roger's Arena. Here are some points that I'd like to make from my recent stay:

LOCATION
My friends and I chose this hotel because it was literally 2 blocks away from Roger's Arena. If you are going to an event / show / sporting event at this Arena, this would be an excellent choice.

PARKING
Parking is a bit tricky because of the nature of the location—downtown. Space is really limited, so public street parking is a bit tricky. You can opt to get your parking valeted at the driveway which is a little bit more expensive than self parking. The parking garage is a bit tight, so be careful when driving down!

CHECK IN
Check in was a breeze. I was checking into 2 different rooms to accommodate my friends and I coming up to Vancouver for the Beyonce concert. Unfortunately, the front desk wasn't able to get both of our rooms next to each other, even on the same floor. That was a bummer.

HOTEL ROOM
We checked into the standard room with 2 double beds. The room was a very good size! There was a separate area that looked like a closet, but when opened it was a wet bar! It had a sink, many glassware and even a dishwasher! I thought that the outlet plug placements were a bit odd in the room. The bathroom was pretty big as well. The bathroom had a bath tub and a separate shower area. The toiletries of the Westin product are amongst my favorites—they smell so nice! The view from the hotel room was amazing. It showcased the many skyscrapers that downtown Vancouver had!

CHECKOUT
Checkout was great—since I arrived with several friends, the front desk clerk was able to receive the multiple payments. Super easy.

All in all the stay was very comfortable. I'd recommend it!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jerome B
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Jerome,

Thank you for staying with us! We are glad you were able to enjoy your concert getaway! We hope to see you again soon!