“Favorite hotel in Vancouver”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Favorite hotel in Vancouver”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Love this hotel! New, very comfortable and stylish rooms. The hotel is still quite new and is beautifully decorated. Location is perfect to access most sights, shops and activities. And the staff are personable, professional and responsive. Will definitely be returning.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ScVan
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us ScVan! It's an honour to be considered your favourite hotel in Vancouver!

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here earlier this month. It is a nice clean hotel and we loved the separate living room and bedroom. Spacious bathroom with rainshower. It was convenient to have the kitchenette feature. The location on Robson is great and in walking distance to shops and restaurants. Grocery and wine stores nearby were a nice bonus!

Only complaint was the supposed Queen size beds which felt more like Full size. We asked to switch to a room with a King bed a few days into our stay and because we were staying on points, the staff charged us a little extra for the "upgrade." What was irritating was that the hotel was virtually empty so it felt they were trying to squeeze out any last dollar they could from anyone.

If I am ever back in Vancouver I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear jl0ve,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad to see our convenient location enhanced your stay with us. We value your business, and I don't want you to feel taken advantage of due to the upgrade fee applied during your stay. We keep our pricing structure in place as consistently as possible in order to provide fair value to all of our guests. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Vancouver!

Vancouver
Reviewed 28 January 2014

I travel often for work and pleasure. I stayed at the Westin Grand for 3 nights while I worked at the Boat Show. The check in staff was friendly, efficient and could not do enough for me. I wanted to change to a room on a higher floor and it was absolutely no probem. The valet parking staff was very polite and accomodating, always greeting me when I arrived back to the hotel. The location is excellent, a quick walk to the stadium and lots of great restaurants near by. I used the IGA grocery store around the corner and cooked my breakfast in to save a bit of money. Starbucks and waves coffee within a block. I was out with friends at night and felt very safe. I would definately stay here again.

Dear bckid,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your time in Vancouver and were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We hope to see you again soon!

Visalia, California
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The internet is in bad need of upgrading the speed. Mr device would constantly stop recognizing it because it was too slow, then I would switch over into roaming data because I don't have a Canadian phone.

Secondly, there is a weight machine in the gym that is missing several attachments, thereby precluding the chance to do a full body workout.

The service at the restaurant was very lacking and we waited for service throughout the meal.

I've stayed at several Westins across the US and Canada; I know they can do better.

• Stayed January 2014
Dea sa_scully,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I must offer my sincere apologies. It appears we did not put our best foot forward during your visit. I assure you that your experience does not reflect our usual offering. I hope you'll give us another chance, and on your next visit please contact me directly at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com so I can personally assist you with your stay.

St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Wonderful rooms, great location, excellent service. Lisa the concierge was so helpful (she had great recommendations)! The entire Westin staff at this hotel were amazing, every staff member made you feel welcome. Totally enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us Nadine! It's always our pleasure to ensure our guests feel welcomed and well cared for. We hope to see you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Every staff member was incredibly hospitable. Made you feel welcome at every opportunity. Excellent location downtown. Received a very nice upgrade as a result of my gold status. Very clean and spacious room and a heavenly bed that I always look forward to away from home.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great seperate living area!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear roberttravis,

Thank you for sharing your review! I'm so pleased you had such a memorable stay, and to hear that our associates made your experience that much better. I never tire of hearing this. We hope to see you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 January 2014

The Westin Grand is on the corner of Robson & Homer. Walking distance to Yale Town, downtown, BC Place & Rogers Arena. The rooms are large, well lit and very comfortable. The hotel always seems to be quiet (not a busy convention spot) and relaxing. This is definitely my first choice for hotels when travelling to Vancouver.

Dear 735GeoffS,

Thank you for your business as a repeat guest! It's an honour to be considered your first choice in Vancouver. We look forward to many more visits!