“great location”

Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Ontario, Canada
“great location”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

stayed here for work. location was great. our company gets an upgraded room so that's always a plus. the only thing i didn't like was internet was not included in the rate so they charge an additional $14.95+ taxes per day for internet which is ok if it's work paying for it but if i were traveling on my own, i'd be bummed out by it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear bazingga_08,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments! I'm glad to see that you enjoyed your upgraded suite and our location. I hope you were able to experience some of the great restaurants along our block of Robson Street. We've priced our WiFi to remain competitive among other hotels in Vancouver. You make a valid point about guests not travelling on an expense account, so we also offer it for free in our lobby. Thanks again for staying with us, I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights while part of a 3-day conference that I was speaking at. I needed a comfortable work space, a kitchenette and the comfort that Westin's offer but at a lower price point than most Westin's. I was very happy with the space and found it really quiet for working and sleeping. Comfy bed and very comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments ConnorsX3! At Westin one of the six pillars of well-being that we aim to provide to our guests is "Work Well" and I'm glad to see we have been able to provide that to you. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We visit Vancouver every other month to visit our son and his family and almost always stay at the Westin Grand . We have tried other hotels there but always end up going back to the Westin because you know you will have a great hotel experience. The rooms are large and comfortable and the amenities are great. There is an indoor pool which is good as it rains frequently in Vancouver. The staff is excellent and the rates are competitive with other hotels in their category . The Queen bed feels more like a double so I would ask for a room with a king bed. Other than that no complaints.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. It is also less noisy away from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Donna A
Dear Donna,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! It's an honour to welcome you back to Vancouver so regularly, and we look forward to many more visits.

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights and we had a large group that stayed here with us. The rooms were all pretty decently sized for a Downtown Vancouver hotel. Our room had a separate living area space from the bedroom.

My only complaint is that the bed is pretty small. It's more like a full size bed versus a queen and it felt so tight just sleeping on it with my husband and we are not large people. We are both pretty short and petite. However, it is a heavenly bed and I was able to sleep like a baby on it. It was firm and was really comfortable.

They have free wifi in the lobby but you have to constantly get a code to activate it and it expires within the hour.

The location of the place is nice which is on Robson street so very close to all the shopping and restaurants. It's also very close to the Skytrain which is about a 6-8 min walk from the hotel.

I love Westin's! They are all top notch in my book and this was another great experience!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you OrganizedTourist! Your username suggests that you are an experienced traveller, which makes me especially grateful for your kind comments.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I just returned from a 5 day stay at the Westin Grand Vancouver for a business trip. I could not have asked for a more pleasant stay. My corner suite was spacious, clean, comfortable and fresh feeling. The staff at the front desk were equally pleasant and gracious and always ready to help with information about the hotel and the city. Lastly, the hotel is in a very convenient location on Robson St--one of the main shopping and dining streets downtown. It is also just a 5-10 minutes walk to the convention center and water front, Yaletown and Gastown. Great place to stay and I would certainly stay here again if I come back to Vancouver.

Room Tip: The corner suite is a great value if you are staying with family--it has a separate bedroom, living...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for calling us home for 5 days Road_Trip_2013! It was a pleasure to welcome you, and we look forward to many more visits!

Monte Porzio Catone, Italy
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Wifi solid not exceptional but not slow either from room with the paid daily of 15$.
Food at bar is very health conscious and rock star service from bell hop to concierge to wait staff. Good place to access the other Vancouver yalestown and Granville but walking distance to Alberni at black and blue and other great restaurants . Central place to access all Vancouver by foot instead of being on one side or other, great fitness Ctr . Westin catering to the successful yuppie with Vancouver flare

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Eric,

I'm so pleased to hear that you received 'rockstar service'! It was a pleasure to welcome you, we look forward to many more visits.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Like any other Westin around the world tried few so far & promise myself won't don it again & I do !
I just cant get over the idea of paying for internet !! appalling .......
asked 3 times to get my room hoovered ,, no chance ,,,despite very pleasant desk
great location but really must improve the quality of the service and upgrade their rooms

Room Tip: Don't bother stay if you have another option
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear detroncj,

Thank you for your review, my sincere apologies that we did not respond to your request to have the room vacuumed, this certainly does not sound like our staff to ignore a request given 3 times! I will speak with the housekeeping team regarding this as we pride ourselves on our guest service. We do offer complimentary internet in our lobby and restaurants, I'm sorry if the front desk did not inform you of this.