“Great location, enjoyed the stay.”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #29 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. I liked the separate lounge room and bedroom, bed was comfortable. Found the shower a bit difficult to work out how to use. Great location with restaurants nearby and short walk to more restaurants and shops on Granville Street. Would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks DownUnderDude! I look forward to having you back again soon!

Bryce Beatty

Write a ReviewReviews (1,808)

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Is the Westin Group in financial trouble? I began to wonder as I looked at the level of service. We got off to a bad start when the bellhop left one bag in the taxi- quick thinking on our part caught it.
Only 2 bath towels/ day, no A/C in the hallways, none of the little amenties other chains readily give( q tips, cotton balls, shower caps) but most of all no in room Internet- unless you are a Starwoods Platinum member. Other hotels acknowledge their members with some gifts or amenities, but none here.
If you are looking for very nice and very reasonably priced lodging, look at the website, Airbnb- we found a super nice condo with everything we could want for a terrific price.

Room Tip: there are only 2 elevators, so they can be slow a certain times.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RossNorthCarolina
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear RossNorthCarolina,

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry that you were not happy with your stay. We certainly strive to make every guests stay as comfortable and personal as possible, all the amenities you listed, including extra towels, can be requested through our Service Express and will be promptly brought up to your guest room. We can also make note of these requests on your personal profile, so that next time you stay in any Starwood property you will receive those items.

I hope that you will try us again, if you do please send me a note directly so that we can ensure your stay is as comfortable and carefree as possible.

Bryce

Reviewed 24 May 2014

The Westin Grand Vancouver is a very nice property. The rooms are very spacious and ours (on the 27th floor) had an amazing view!

Right from the beginning, our experience was excellent. We were able to check in at 9am and our room was clean and ready.

Vanessa, from Front Desk, was so nice and helpful, she went out of her way to give us good tips on where to go and what to do.

The hotel is right on Robson Street (shopping) and very close to Yaletown (great restaurants and little shops). Walking distance to the wáter where you can hop on a wáter taxi to Granville Island.

The hotel offers complimentary WiFi, which is always very nice.

I would highly recommend this hotel to new visitors to Vancouver, the location is unbeatable and the staff is very accomodating.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I'm glad you had such an excellent stay PaolAllende! Thank you for taking the time to recognize Vanessa. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Third stay in corner suite. Convenient to stores, restaurants and other activities. Wifi should be included in room price as it is inconvenient having to get a password for lobby use. Noticed drapery in current room was getting quite soiled, otherwise room quite clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us for the third time Suiteday13! I appreciate you returning to stay with us, and look forward to many more visits!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Right on the corner of Robson and Homer and right in the middle of everything. Staff are great and welcoming. The restaurant is small but the food and service are excellent. Our server Jesse stands out as a very friendly and helpful fellow and he really made our meals more enjoyable. The rooms are big and it is very nice to have a fridge and microwave and small kitchenette. Great view of BC Place and the surrounding area from our room. Close to Yaletown, Chinatown, and shopping. I can highly recommend the Westin Grand and we will be returning for sure.

2  Thank 210craig J

Thanks Craig! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Jesse. We're so lucky to have him. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed here with my gf for a couple of days after our cruise. The ship docked at 7am and so I had asked the hotel earlier if I could check-in early. They told me they could only tell me once I arrived, but that they'll put it as a request in the system. Well, we showed up at around 10 and they were able to accommodate us.

The lady at the front desk was also extremely helpful, giving us some pointers on where to go for sightseeing, our travel options, etc. She also helped us find a bank where we could pull money out of an ATM without having to pay the usual ATM fees.

The room was wonderful. Comfortable beds, big bathroom with separate shower/bath, couch, two TVs . . . no major complaints here. If I had to be picky, I would say, even on the 23rd floor, we could hear a bit of traffic, if somebody honked or had a loud exhaust.

One downside . . . the elevators were too slow. There were only 2 banks and we regularly had to wait a couple of minutes for one to arrive at our floor. Having said that, they did have a TV in the elevator waiting area to take your mind off of it.

Location was excellent. It's a few blocks from what I thought was the start of Robson Street with shopping. It was close to the stop on the Canada Line (which will take you to the airport). Lots of coffee shops, grocery stores, etc. close by. My gf and I was even able to walk to David Lam park to take the aquabus to Granville Island. The walk was only 15 min, so very do-able. If anything, it's a bit far to Stanley park. I think you could walk it if you're gung-ho about it, but I'd find other transportation options to get out there. We also looked at the other Westin, the Bayshore, but that location, while closer to Stanley Park, didn't seem as suitable for my gf and I. We wanted to be close to Robson shopping, Downtown, etc.

Finally, in terms of value, I used my hotel points to book this trip, so didn't have to pay a penny. Also, because of my status with the hotel, I got the internet for free. Knowing how much they usually charge, this was of great help.

All in all, a perfect place for us to finish out our vacation. I would go again . . .

Room Tip: A higher floor room should help with the occasional traffic noise

Dear Andy,

Thank you for such a lovely review! It was a pleasure to welcome you and your girlfriend, and from your comments I can see that you enjoyed a thorough Vancouver visit! I hope we can welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I wouldn't personally call this place "Grand". Grand should be much more lavish and big and atleast have club level rooms (marked) and also club level private lounge and such. So if you've never been here don't expect a grand hotel. However the rooms were slightly larger. I guess maybe because of the premium suite with separated bedroom and kitchenette. I personally felt that a dishwasher without an oven is too much of a overkill. If you just microwave all you need is one or two plates , if that. Waste of electricity for few dishes. If you're at higher floors/premium suites you might get some view of the mountains. Wifi was good. No more complimentary water. My gf always refuses to drink tap water, even if you say it came right from heaven. Liked the heated floors in the bathroom. Nice.

Room Tip: Pick a floor and room that's facing a mountain /bay view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for staying with us cybertraveler98! I appreciate the 4-star rating that you gave us, and also the great constructive feedback as well. The "Grand" in our name actually comes from the fact that the hotel is shaped like a grand piano from a bird's eye view. Just a little fun fact! We hope to welcome you and your girlfriend back again soon!