The Westin Grand, Vancouver
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$389
US$378
  • Pool
Executive Hotel Vintage Park(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$201
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$278
US$520
US$487
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$743
US$419
Travelocity
1,838 results
All reviewsheavenly bedgreat locationmini kitchenpublic libraryrobson streetdeluxe suiteliving roombc placetim hortonsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsliquor storeoutdoor poolrogers arenaan upgradecentral locationfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have stayed here a few times when travelling for work and have had positive experiences every time. The rooms have always been clean and comfortable. The staff has always been friendly - everyone from the gents at the front to the hotel desk. Location was great for my purposes and is fairly centrally located given Vancouver's layout.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hrizvi86
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thanks for being a loyal guest hrizvi86! I'm pleased to see that we're your hotel of choice when you visit. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We have stayed at this Westin several times now and it has been great. The views are awesome and the service is good. We actually have never eaten at the hotel because there are a ton of eateries around the hotel (we have three kids). The pool is heated, the workout area is great. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thanks Elizabeth! I know what you mean about being tempted by all of the great restaurants nearby. We're pretty fortunate to be at the heart of it all. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was just going to write this hotel up with 5*s, but we had a glitch at checkout. People trying to check in early and a LONG line (no special line for Starwood members either). Had to give up and run to catch my flight.
BUT it is a nice hotel in a primo location. Really nice large rooms. Good breakfast, with one of the best servers we have ever had (Jesse). They treat Starwood members well.
We will be back, but they need some more staff at the front desk, or separate check ins from check outs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Soulefulltraveler

Dear Soulefulltraveler,

Thank you for staying with us, I'm so pleased to see we delivered such a memorable experience. My apologies for the long line at check out. That's never ideal when your flight home is looming. Can I offer to assist with sending you an email copy of your bill? If so please feel free to email me at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This property is in a great location with friendly staff. Our room was clean with a great view however our two requests (crib and refrigerator) were not ready for us. A follow-up call had our crib in our room within 15 minutes though.

Our biggest complaint is with the HVAC system. The outdoor temperature when we arrived was roughly 54 F (12 C). When we opened our door it was quite warm and humid (74 F). I made sure the cooling system was on HIGH and at 70. After 4-5 hours the room was still at 72!!! This made it difficult for our 7 month old to nap. The noisy HVAC system did not help either. When I attempted to turn the system down to medium (to reduce the noise) the indoor temperature quickly rose to 73+. We proceeded to close all curtains, kept the system at HIGH and at 68 and left the bathroom exhaust fan on as we left for dinner. When we came back the room was still 71.6 (but felt like 73+ perhaps because of the humidity?). We wanted to keep the bathroom exhaust fan on to help keep the room cool but it was too noisy for our 7 month old. We resorted to keeping all 4 windows open all night just to keep the room at a tolerable temperature for our daughter. We've never had an issue with the HVAC system of any hotel room before but this is definitely something to figure out sooner rather than later especially with traveling with infants.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MrEugenius
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear MrEugenius,

I'm so sorry that you had issues with our HVAC system in your room, we certainly never want our guests to be at all uncomfortable. When reading your review it appeared that you didn't contact our front desk to report the issue? We are here to serve! Our Engineering team would have made sure that the HVAC was working properly, and if not we would have moved you to another room immediately!

Again, my apologies for the issue you faced, as a parent myself I know how important sleep is to both the parents and the infant! I hope that on your next visit to the city you will try us out again, please contact me in advance at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com so that I may personally ensure your stay is as comfortable and restful as possible.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Westin Grand Vancouver is a preferred choice for my visits to Vancouver. It feels like a small boutique hotel that really wants your business. I have reviewed this hotel before and it has always lived up to expectations. Very comfortable rooms, great staff and great location. One of the clear factors for me is that the rooms have mini fridges and microwaves. So I choose to have a small meal in my room I can - there is an IGA with in walking distance that has a wide variety of groceries.
The rooms are always comfortable and have plenty of amenities. We always love to use the outdoor pool as it is clean and a great place to relax. It also has a very nice hot tub close by.
The staff is always friendly and are very responsive to our needs.

Room Tip: If you can afford get a corner suite with balcony - the views are awesome and the space is great
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cicero12,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest, and for sharing another review on TripAdvisor about your experience. We do truly value your business, and I'm thrilled to see we continue to exceed your expectations on every visit. We look forward to many more!