“Overnight in Vancouver”

Ranked #30 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Wenatchee, Washington
“Overnight in Vancouver”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We stayed overnight in Vancouver to catch Cirque du Soleil. This hotel was perfect. It was walking distance to many restaurants (which the hotel staff helped us with) and also walking distance to all of the large venues in Vancouver. The next day, the kids had a great time in the pool before we departed. The room was a good size for our family of 4. My daughter also met a really nice little girl in the pool to play with.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for bringing the family to stay with us! Wonderful to see that the whole family had such a great time. We look forward to another visit soon!

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I like the location which is very central, but the room layouts are not great. My room had great views and although it was regarded as a suite was very small. My room was also near the elevators and can be very noisy and the really need to do something about the elevators! I waited up to 15 min a few times....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Dale K,

Thank you for submitting your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm so sorry that you experienced long wait times with our elevators. During peak times the elevators can cause some delay, however 15 minutes is certainly excessive. I will speak to the elevator company to see if there was something unusual on that day.

I am surprised to hear about your suites as we get many positive comments regarding the size, as we have some of the biggest regular guest rooms in the downtown area.

I hope that you will return to us in the future, if you do please reach out to me directly in advance of your stay at bryce.beatty@westingrandvancouver.com so that I may try and assist you in having the best stay possible.

La Mirada, California
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The location is right by a major construction area that is currently going on. I was woke up at 7AM by construction that was going across the street. You know the noise is bad when the hotel gives the guest ear plugs during their stay.

The beds are good for a short stay

Room Tip: Rewards Members get free Wi-Fi
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear William E,

I'm sorry to read that you were disturbed by the construction in Vancouver during your stay, the city certainly seems to be always building something new and exciting. We certainly do our best to mitigate these disturbances, and offering ear plugs is one such way.

I hope that you will give us another chance to be your hotel of choice when travelling to Vancouver.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We had the fortune to stay at this Westin upon our visit to this fantastic city. Although there was a problem with the room we were supposed to have upon our arrival, it was quickly resolved and gave us a fabulous suite for a nominal charge.

The Staff (All) go out of their way to care for your every need and always with a smile! Great hotel highly recommend it to all with a central location to everything in this jewel of a city!

Tom & Judy Kleinman

• Stayed June 2014
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Tom & Judy,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. I'm absolutely delighted to read that your stay was so wonderful. I hope we can welcome you back again very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This hotel worked out just fine for my wife and I as we were vacationing in Vancouver. It was easy to get to from the airport. We just hopped on at the train stop at the airport, and in 20 minutes we got off at the city centre stop… walked a couple blocks… and was at the hotel. The location is very convenient since it’s walking distance to most downtown spots and eateries. We rented a car at the rental car counter which was located at an adjacent hotel. The room was great. The only two drawbacks were that the only free wi-fi access was in the lobby and self-parking with in/out privileges cost $30/day. We’d absolutely stay here again, though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear jacopork,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you and your wife enjoyed your first visit, we look forward to many more!

Nanaimo
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I travel to Vancouver for meetings or pleasure 4 or 5 times a year, usually with a husband and 3 kids with me. We always stay here for the following reasons: 1) Wonderful outdoor pool and hot-tub patio open all year, just off a good gym 2) Suites/rooms come with a magic cupboard containing a tiny little kitchen 3) the staff are superb, and 4) location is terrific - convenient to Yaletown, Robson, sporting events, even Gastown. Any services you'd want are right outside the hotel. They also have reasonable government rates if you qualify for them. I only wish they would provide free wifi.

Room Tip: Corner rooms that have balconies are great. Elevators can be slow, so if you are impatient, get a r...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear historygirlNanaimo,

What a pleasure to be considered a home away from home for your family. Thank you so much for being such a loyal guest, we look forward to many more visits!

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I had a suite (not room) on the 17th floor. Mini kitchen in living room, nice size bathroom, and bedroom with very comfortable bed. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the room was clean. I had breakfast included with my room. There was a nice selection of fresh fruit, rolls, ham, cheese, yogurt, eggs and sausage / ham / bacon. Trolley stop is across the street. Shops and restaurants are within walking distance. To walk to Canada Place takes about 15 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Germaninswfl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite and breakfast! We hope to see you again soon!