“Very comfortable stay in Vancouver”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Edmond, Oklahoma, United States
“Very comfortable stay in Vancouver”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Westin Grand is a very well situated and comfortable place to stay. The Hidden Restaurant and lounge serve great food for breakfast. The service and wait staff are very friendly and provide a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Thanks for your comments Ray! I look forward to sharing them with the team.

Bryce Beatty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had been to Vancouver many times for business, but this was my first time there for vacation. We picked this hotel partly because of the location, and we were certainly not disappointed. The hotel is right on Robson Street and thus is close to many restaurants, tons of stores and is a short walk to the art gallery. We were also able to easily walk down to the water to take the aquabus over to Granville Island.

Beyond the location, the hotel room was one of the best I have stayed in. It was a suite, with a separate living room and a mini kitchen (sink, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker). It made our 3 day stay very comfortable. Furthermore, Westin's Heavenly beds are simply the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever experienced.
The hotel staff are also incredibly friendly and helpful.

The only downside was that parking was $30 a day. Next time we go to Vancouver we will not get a rental car - it isnt a necessity because the city isn't very big and transit from the airport is quite simple (I believe they improved it for the Olympics).
There is also a great rooftop pool!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for such a glowing 5-star review deb_seethesights! I enjoy those Westin Heavenly Beds just as much as you! I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently, my opinion of the Westin group of hotels has dropped since I have had bad experiences at Westin hotels in both, Maui and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. However, this one was definitely one of the better ones, and restored my faith in the group!

First of all, I loved the fact that every room is a mini-suite, with a mini-kitchenette, and a bedroom that is separate from the living area. We had a corner suite with an outdoor terrace, and it was lovely.

The service and staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful, and very accommodating. I have some dietary restrictions, and I found the staff at the F&B outlet extremely helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate my needs.

Overall, it was a great experience staying there, and the location was extremely convenient with easy access to shops and restaurants. I would definitely choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have an outdoor balcony. I believe that only two rooms per floor have this. We had...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Indie,

I was so pleased to read your comments and to see that you had such a memorable stay. We are proud to be part of the Westin brand, and I'm glad that you have a renewed faith in our hotels. We hope to see you again soon!

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A summer weekend in Vancouver landed us at the Westin Grand and we were very pleased with our stay and the friendly staff. SPG membership gave us an upgrade to a Superior Suite With View and we were grateful for it (alhtough we didn't use the kitchenette). Our suite had great views, a great shower, great AC, and was wonderfully comfortable and quiet. As usual, we were on the go constantly and didn’t take advantage of any of the hotel’s offerings other than the fitness center. It was adequate—with treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, free weights, benches and a dual adjustable pulley machine.

The location is perfect—close to restaurants, shopping, and the port (for those pre- and post-cruise stays). Stanley Park is about a 30 minute walk and renting a bike to tour it is definitely recommended to take advantage of all the outstanding views. Meals at The Fish House and The Teahouse (both in the park) were excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us jaxandmci! I'm glad to see that you were able to spend so much time in Stanley Park, what an incredible destination. I hope we can welcome you back again soon, be sure to set aside some time to spend at our outdoor pool!

Vancouver b.c.
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Four of us stayed 2 nights at the Westin, our rooms were excellent, service for breakfast by Jesse was unbeatable, he is fantastic ! It was hot and the pool was a welcome respite and our server Jude for cocktails was great.The location is close to Gastown and Yaletown both an easy walk.We opted to dine at the restaurant on our last night as the quality and presentation at breakfast was superb. We weren't disappointed, our meals were excellent and we finished off with great cocktails prepared by our bartender Marian. All in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Higher level, better views
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank assessor
Dear assessor,

Thank you for leaving your comments! I especially appreciate you recognizing Jesse, Jude, and Marian. I'll be sure to share your comments with them. We hope to see you again soon!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with the family of 4 and had a great time. Check in was pleasant and I loved how they brought out a collection of colouring books for my kids to choose from. I had mentioned it was my wife's birthday and shortly after we were settled in, a chocolate cake was sent up along with popcorn, juice, and gummy worms for the kids. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful, even if just in passing. The rooms were very clean an well equipped. The gym, pool, and sauna were better than most I have experienced. Location on robson street can't be beat; right in the middle of everything. I had no preference of accommodations before this trip, but I do now. Way to go Westin! Will definitely stay again and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Richie,

Thank you for sharing your comments! I'm glad we were able to make your wife's birthday just a bit more special. We hope to welcome you and the family back again soon!

Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Fantastic jumping-off point to everything there is to see in Vancouver. Staff were particularly helpful when we arrived late at night w/tired & hungry kids. One-room suite was spacious enough for a family of four.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us Evan! We look forward to welcoming you and the whole family back again soon.