“Pricelined it, and got a very good deal! Clean, comfortable and good location!”

The Westin Grand, Vancouver
Ranked #30 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed for one night in a superior suite on the 22nd floor with a lovely view of the harbour. Quite spacious, awesome shower!! Only complaint was that we requested a King bed and got a Queen. There is an IGA next door, and a 24 hour Tim Hortons! We would stay here again :)

• Stayed: July 2014
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you HolllyG! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Westin Grand Vancouver is not one of the most luxurious Westin properties, but it is nicely appointed and close to just about everything you can imagine in downtown Vancouver, B.C. We stayed in this property the evening before we headed to Alaska on a Celebrity Cruise. The property is a little farther from the airport, but nothing crazy.The taxi ride to the port was quick and easy. We were dropped exactly where we needed to process & board our ship. We were given a room on the top floor with our SPG Gold Status and the room had a very interesting kitchenette feature. It had a coffee/tea machine & some dishes along with a microwave oven and tiny sink. There was a nice sized living room with a very clean bathroom. I did enjoy a long soak in the tub after settling into the room. The bedroom was nicely appointed and had amazing views of the city. We found a restaurant we saw advertised in a magazine while in flight. The concierge desk was helpful in helping to direct us to the nearest location of The Keg Steakhouse & Bar in Yaletown. We had a lovely dinner on the outside patio at the top of the restaurant that was in walking distance to the Westin. We could hear a little city noise from our room, but overall a nice stay in a more than adequate room. We did not see much of the hotel really. I did not find the Westin fruit infused water in the lobby that I do like to drink while visiting Westin properties. We did lots of walking and sightseeing the morning before we left for the port. We did take the later check-out option that we were offered. We also took advantage of the free internet with our SPG status. We did not find any nearby restaurants open in the morning for breakfast. We should have eaten on-site at the Westin.

Room Tip: Sky high is the way to go!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us mombinni! I enjoyed reading such a detailed view of your time in Vancouver. I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I recently moved to Seattle and decided to go to Vancouver for a day. We stayed at the Westin Grand and because of my hubby's SPG status, we got upgraded to an "open concept king suite."

The room wasn't a huge room, but it was incredibly comfortable! I literally felt like I was staying at a friend's house - very lush and comfortable carpet, great couches, heated tiles on the bathroom floor, amazing bed, etc. Loved every second.

The location was also great just off of Robson. We were able to walk most places and found it to be very convenient.

One last comment. The concierge, Lisa, was the best. We asked her to help us with a few reservations and for one, she couldn't get through (the line was busy apparently). So we told her we were headed out for breakfast nearby and would be back shortly to check in. Ten minutes later, Lisa walked up to our table and handed us a reservation slip - she FOUND US! Such great service - she wanted to make sure she personally took care of it before she headed out. Amazing.

Def would stay there again!

Dear Srividya,

It's such a pleasure to hear guests call us a second home. Thank you for recognizing Lisa, she's an invaluable part of our team. We hope to see you north of the border again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Although this was my first vacation to Vancouver, I found the Westin Grand to be everything I had hoped for. The location has great access to dining as Yaletown is just a few blocks away. There are several City tour buses that stop just around the corner by the public library that will get you to Glanville Island, Stanley Park, the Gaslight district, etc. There is also a grocery store just a few doors down that you can get any needed items. We had a king sized bed with a separate living area that overlooked the pool. The bathroom was spacious and offered a shower or a tub. Parking at $30 a day was expensive. I booked the room through Hotwire and was very happy with the price for the value I received.

Dear 01ma59,

Thank you for staying with us on your inaugural trip to Vancouver! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay so much. I hope we can welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Westin Grand is a very well situated and comfortable place to stay. The Hidden Restaurant and lounge serve great food for breakfast. The service and wait staff are very friendly and provide a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thanks for your comments Ray! I look forward to sharing them with the team.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had been to Vancouver many times for business, but this was my first time there for vacation. We picked this hotel partly because of the location, and we were certainly not disappointed. The hotel is right on Robson Street and thus is close to many restaurants, tons of stores and is a short walk to the art gallery. We were also able to easily walk down to the water to take the aquabus over to Granville Island.

Beyond the location, the hotel room was one of the best I have stayed in. It was a suite, with a separate living room and a mini kitchen (sink, microwave, dishwasher, and coffee maker). It made our 3 day stay very comfortable. Furthermore, Westin's Heavenly beds are simply the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever experienced.
The hotel staff are also incredibly friendly and helpful.

The only downside was that parking was $30 a day. Next time we go to Vancouver we will not get a rental car - it isnt a necessity because the city isn't very big and transit from the airport is quite simple (I believe they improved it for the Olympics).
There is also a great rooftop pool!

I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a suite!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for such a glowing 5-star review deb_seethesights! I enjoy those Westin Heavenly Beds just as much as you! I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Recently, my opinion of the Westin group of hotels has dropped since I have had bad experiences at Westin hotels in both, Maui and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. However, this one was definitely one of the better ones, and restored my faith in the group!

First of all, I loved the fact that every room is a mini-suite, with a mini-kitchenette, and a bedroom that is separate from the living area. We had a corner suite with an outdoor terrace, and it was lovely.

The service and staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful, and very accommodating. I have some dietary restrictions, and I found the staff at the F&B outlet extremely helpful, and went out of their way to accommodate my needs.

Overall, it was a great experience staying there, and the location was extremely convenient with easy access to shops and restaurants. I would definitely choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: The corner rooms have an outdoor balcony. I believe that only two rooms per floor have this. We had...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Indie,

I was so pleased to read your comments and to see that you had such a memorable stay. We are proud to be part of the Westin brand, and I'm glad that you have a renewed faith in our hotels. We hope to see you again soon!