1,918 results
All reviewsheavenly bedmini kitchenpublic libraryrobson streetcorner suiteliving roomsmall suitebc placetim hortonsself parkingfloor to ceiling windowsoutdoor poolliquor storerogers arenacentral locationfew blockscoffee maker
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly & helpful staff, 25th floor accommodation worthwhile. We could walk to most things - bars, coffee shops, small supermarket, bottle shop, shopping malls. Stanley park a decent walk but worthwhile & water edge walk the other direction

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Reg,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our walkable location to see all the great sights of Vancouver.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Four night stay at the end of an Alaskan cruise so we arrived about 8:00 am. The front desk staff and bell staff were so welcoming, helpful, and informative. While we had our ideas, they gave suggestions for visits and dining and told us the details of light rail. It was Pride weekend so they were extra busy but we were not bothered by noise. Suite was lovely, view of city.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! I'm pleased that we made such a positive impression during your short post-cruise stay. I hope we can welcome you back for a longer visit next time.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel was truly excellent. The room, staff, concierge, dining room (we only had breakfast, but it was excellent every day), hot tub - everything was just great! It is located in the downtown area and easily accessible to most of the city. We could walk to Yaletown in minutes, and even the walk to Stanley Park only took about 20 minutes. Our only complaint was about the dinner room service menu. It seemed kind of skimpy. But all else was wonderful!

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor, and we didn't hear any sounds from outside the room or the hotel. But I would imagine any of the rooms on other floors would be fine too.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GenaG_NYC,

Thank you for staying with us! I'm thrilled you had such an enjoyable stay, and got to see so many of Vancouver's best neighbourhoods. I appreciate your comments about our room service menu as well, and look forward to sharing those with the team.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The good: The hotel staff are great - the problems that exist are not their fault. Breakfast looked good, Wi-Fi was decent, and the pool deck was nice. The room was large and quiet with a comfortable bed, and the a/c worked well. The hotels location is within walking distance of everything.

The Bad: Why do you have to stay 50 (yes, fifty) nights a year with Starwood to get a free breakfast and Wi-Fi when the boutique hotels down the street ranks higher, charges less, and includes it automatically. Parking is insane at 30 USD per day, and room service coffee - which took 30min to get to the room - was over 20 USD. Not surprisingly, the iron was long past its useful life. The shower is very small - while the bathtub took up 25% of the restroom. The curtains and sheers need to be replaced - they were disgusting. In fact, they were just as disgusting as the last visit - covered in stains, dirt, and dust. And since they were this way the last time, I won't believe any response along the lines of "it's on the horizion...".

The Ugly: The elevators. The hotel is 31 stories tall, but serviced by only two elevators. You will wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for the elevators. It's too bad, because while the other stuff can be easily fixed, there is no way to fix that.

Needless to say, I find little to justify a stay here again.

Room Tip: a low, low floor. The 03's have the wrap around windows with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DEGSEA
Bryce B, General Manager at The Westin Grand, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear DEGseattle,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm sorry that there were aspects of the stay you did not enjoy. I'm not sure I understand your comment regarding "on the horizon", however I am happy to tell you that we will have a mock up suite complete in October that I will open to guests to visit and then renovations will begin in January for all the rooms (including the drapes) and the restaurants. In fact we are just completing our meeting room refurbishment.

Perhaps next time you are in town you can come and speak to me, I would be happy to show you the mock up suite (after October 15th) and discuss the other items you had issue with.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent location. Close to everything with a hop-on tour bus stop very close. Lots of restaurants, shopping nearby. Rooms are exceptional and very clean. Staff are warm, welcoming and helpful. Service is excellent on all levels. Great value. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sworrels

Dear sworrels,

Thank you for giving us a perfect 5-star review! I'm delighted to see that your stay was perfect. We look forward to many more visits in the future!