Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$389
US$378
US$420
US$379
  • Restaurant
Executive Hotel Vintage Park(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$201
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$278
Hyatt Regency Vancouver(Vancouver)
US$520
US$487
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$314
US$248
Agoda.com
US$337
US$325
US$743
US$419
1,912 results
All reviewsbacchus restaurantbox of chocolatesrobson squareturn down servicefresh cookiesdowntown vancouversoaker tubart galleryjunior suitecontinental breakfastbottled watersmall hotelsteam roomcentral locationwonderful hotelvalet parkinggranville island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Comfortable room, beautifully decorated and spacious, staff very helpful and pleasant. Had a continental breakfast which was more than enough for us. The dining area was very relaxed with comfortable armchairs and coffee tables as well as the more formal tables. Centrally located but not in a noisy location.

1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have been staying at the Wedgewood since they opened about 29 years ago. It is charming, elegant and in a good location. It does not seem quite as perfectly run as when Eleni Skalbania was around. The continental breakfast was way below standards I have come to expect. The pastries were poor. Where did they get the croissants? They did not flake and were rubbery. The decaf coffee at best was served luke warm,even after a second cup was requested.
The room I had booked was not what we got, but the manager made nice and sent up some wine and a cheese plate. In fact the staff was very accommodating.
Housekeeping missed picking up dirty washcloths from the shower and the bulb in the tri-lite lamp was not fixed although we had requested this. The television is a bit dated and not user. friendly.
We will be having dinner in Bacchus tonight. I am hopeful that it will be far better than the breakfast.Dinner was very good and again excellent service , but the room did not have the turndown even though I left the service required card on the door. So the hotel is not what it was unfortunately and certainly not up to the Relais et Chateau standards that we have come to expect.

Room Tip: The view on Robson Square is nice especially with sunrise..the construction site across the way is not beautiful, but Vancouver is a bit of a construction site.
1  Thank riki t
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed at the Wedgwood hotel near robson square in Vancouver. This hotel met every requirement for us. The front office staff were simply wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel was centrally located near transport and restaurants. The rooms were beautifully appointed and we had great views over robson square. This is a home away from home.

Room Tip: Request room with a view over robson square
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at the Wedgewood several times and i cannot say enough about it. I was a died in the wool Hotel Vancouver fan but on one occasion could not get a room there, was told about this and gave it a shot, have not stayed at the Hotel Vancouver since. This trip was a business trip that took me to New West, I knew nothing about hotels there and since it was my partners first time in Vancouver I booked us into the Wedgewood. Upon arrival I was told they couldn't find my room reservation, they never missed a beat, they informed me that the room I requested was sold out but they would upgrade me free of charge to a larger suite as i had stayed with them often. This is precisely why I love this place, it is about customer satisfaction first and foremost. Granted, I have only stayed there a half a dozen times but in makes no difference to them, in my experience they treat everyone very well. Great bar for happy hour, I have never eaten at Bacchus as I am always on the lookout for ethnic food but have been told it is one of the city's finest. Do yourself a favor and give it a shot, look for off season deals on their web site, you can definitely save yourself some money.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 4015c
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This is an excellent hotel; warm and inviting with impecable service. We booked a delux excecutive king room and when we arrived were lucky to be upgraded to a beautiful suite on the 9th floor - room 901.

The quality of furnishings and decoration in the rooms were excellent. Gilchrest & Soames toiletries, large fluffy bathrobes and comfy slippers make the experience even more enjoyable.

The bed is large and comfortable, with divinely soft down pillows and excellent bed linens. The bathroom, although fairly small, was well fitted, with lovely Frett towels. The sitting room area was very spacious, with a large sofa, comfortable chair, ocasional tables and an LG flat screen TV. There's a desk in both the sitting room and lobby area, so there's plenty of space for two people to work if necessary. We also experienced good (free) internet service.

There's a second TV in the bedroom and two separate wardrobes, so plenty of space for luggage. There's also a bar with bar stools and a fridge, plus tea/coffee making facilities.. There are sliding doors that lead out from the sitting room on to a lovely balcony where you can sit and enjoy the views overlooking the city.

In the evening we enjoyed sitting in the warm and inviting piano bar, where you can also take breakfast and dinner. Highly recommended hotel in downtown Vancouver.

1  Thank Foxymerlin