“Beautiful hotel, great experience... again.”

Wedgewood Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 14 September 2009

This was our second trip to the Wedgewood for an anniversary trip. It was rated highly in "Best Places to Kiss in the Northwest", a book which I purchased after wasting a lot of money on expensive getaways that weren't worth it.

The hotel is in close proximity to all the downtown/harbor sites. We stayed in a King bed, suite, which was immaculate. The hotel is small enough that the staff will soon be calling you by name, as they attend to your requests. The suite came with both a tub, and a walk-in shower. It had a small fridge, which was stocked with the usual expensive items, but didn't have any of the annoying sensors, so you could still use the fridge for a few items. Each day, the ice bucket was stocked by someone, which was a pleasant surprise. The streets are right below the rooms, but I never remember hearing the street noise, except for sirens.

I have yet to try their restaurant, there are so many other restaurants to explore in Vancouver, that it seemed a waste to eat at the hotel. It looked very popular.

The hotel is very elegant, but didn't wrinkle a nose when we would clump around in our hiking clothes [Grouse Mountain was great, try the "Grind"!] Don't forget to go to the Shakespeare plays in the Summer! [Bard on the Beach]

My wife loved the spa, and the hot rock massage. The last time we went to Vancouver, we stayed at the Pan Pacific instead of the Wedgewood. It was nice being right on the harbor, but who wants to be one of a horde of customers in a mega-hotel, when you can be one of a select few in a beautiful, elegant boutique hotel?

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 82nd_Airborne
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 18 August 2009

I'm not a worldwide traveller but have been to enough hotels to know over-the-top customer service when I experience it. The hotel clearly embodies a culture of "the customer comes first" from the front desk staff to the cleaning staff. They treated me with that slight amount of respectful deference - enough to feel that I was the only customer they had to deal with today, and I was the MOSt important person in the hotel, but not crossing the line to condescending. It's a skill not seen in many hotels.

I had a Deluxe King room - truly delightful with a fabulous corner soaker tub and really, really comfortable bed. The location is everything you'd want in Vancouver.

I'm told by the locals that the bar/lounge is THE number one spot in Vancouver - if that is true, the staff have not let that affect their service or attitude. They made me feel like my business mattered and that it was important that I, personally, come back.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank lostinthewash
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Lovely hotel, I felt well taken care of from start to finish. From the box of chocolates on the first night to the fresh baked cookies and bottle of water nightly. The rooms were gorgeous with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Am just finishing up a fabulous stay at the Wedgewood. We have travelled to all corners of the planet and I can honestly say our stay at the Wedgewood has been a pure pleasure. The staff are wonderful and the location of the hotel is smack in the middle of downtown, right beside prime shopping areas and within walking distance of everything. The rooms are very well appointed. Our bed was large and delciously comfortable which was very important after a transatlantic flight and serious jet lag. The restaurant downstairs has a wonderful ambience, great food and staff that are friendly and efficient. This hotel has a wonderful balance between luxury and hominess. They run a superbly efficient business while managing to maintain a local almost family feel. I really cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SheehanDublin
Reviewed 21 July 2009

The most efficient and friendliest service that I have ever received. Great food, even room service was superior. A boutique hotel that is exceptional in every way. I will never stay anywhere else in Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ileanafourie
Reviewed 12 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Wedgewood one night on our honeymoon in a deluxe suite. The staff were friendly and we were very happy with our room. The next time we are in Vancouver we will probably stay in this hotel again because although we were here for a short period of time, we were very impressed with the Wedgewood!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 92,627
Reviewed 29 June 2009

Our room (deluxe suite) was large and tastefully decorated with excellent facilities such as 2 x plasma tv's, a huge amount of wardrobe and drawer space and a marble bathroom with a vast walk in shower.

The Bacchus lounge was a great way to wind down for the day and has an extensive bar that should suit all tastes and budgets.

The staff were all friendly, efficient and eager to help. This hotel is definitely on a par with some of the best in the world and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple