St. Regis Hotel
US$244
US$229
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$271
US$202
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Sunset Inn and Suites(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$238
TripAdvisor
2,627 results
All reviewsmade to order breakfastfree international callsfiji watergotham steakhousetelephone callsgranville stationfree phonedowntown vancouverbar and grillsmall elevatorbreakfast was includedfree bottled waterstreet noisecanada placesmall hotelgreat boutiquefront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We had an impressive stay at the St. Regis. In the world of customer service the goal is usually to "delight" your guests and that happened repeatedly. Upon check-in we were told the bottled water in our room was for us - no charge, and all local and international phone calls were free (no small deal, since roaming charges in Canada had us turn off our cell phones). Likewise the complimentary full breakfast was just that - restaurant style seating, waitresses at table-side taking our custom orders.

Even more impressive was the personal service - a hand-written note - addressed to us - welcomed us in the room, and upon exiting the elevator the following day - the desk clerk greeted me by name. Staff was helpful throughout and the location is wonderful - walkable to most everywhere and next door to light rail. The rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable - with sizable bathrooms and all the expected amenities.

A definite winner to be highly recommended

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Great location, comfortable well appointed rooms, breakfast included, free wireless internet, free international phone calls and best of all wonderful friendly staff. Vancouver BC is one of the friendliest cities I have visited and the staff here are a wonderful example of that. It's not overdone, but you can have a friendly chat with the lovely breakfast staff, get recommendations and directions from the front desk staff all at a very personal and interested level.
Also very close to shops, Stanley Park, train station and most other services. On my favourite list!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking Dunsmuir St have good natural light, but are a little noisier due to traffic.
Reviewed 29 September 2011

The St. Regis Hotel is a hidden gem. Our room was absolutely spotless and the bed was heavenly! The room rate included a full breakfast in the morning which takes place in a large old fashioned dining hall on the lower floor. There were bottles of water and chocolates on the pillows when we arrived. The hotel provided good value for the charge. We loved the location and will definitely be back!

Room Tip: You may want a room on the back side of the hotel. A light sleeper may hear the street noise.
Reviewed 27 September 2011

This hotel ended a one week tour of Canada for us and was a big disappointment. Things seemed promising when we checked in to this boutique hotel and there was a hand written card welcoming us by name and promising any help we might need. However, the first night after calling down to the front desk for a thinner pillow (Generally speaking, I like to have my head on the same floor as my room when sleeping) I was told that I could only request pillows during the day. (?). If I slept during the day, this would have been so convenient..

Next up was the suggestion from the concierge/front desk help to go to his favorite burger joint for dinner when asked for a nice sit down dinner with good atmosphere. Of course, we did not take his advice and instead walked for over an hour searching for a decent restaurant only to discover coming back to the hotel that one of the finest steak houses in the city- Gotham- was actually in the same building! We had a great dinner there no thanks to the hotel staff. We asked for extra towels and couldn't get them. Asked for a cheese and fruit plate from the attached restaurant on the other side of the restaurant twice and received it on the second nights attempt only to have housekeeping refuse to take it away the following day. Last straw was going to the attached St. Regis Bar and Grill at 9:00pm for a late dinner since their signage indicated they were open until 11:00pm There was literally one table occupied in this nicely appointed large dining area and I was immediately told by the bartender that he was the only one on and service would be minimal despite two other wait staff still in uniform standing at the end of the bar. At this point, I was all alone and I was wondering how hard it would be to serve me- essentially the only other patron in the whole place! I said I just wanted a water, a beer, and a menu. He came back to the table with some kind of light beer and I explained that I wanted to select one, not just have some random beer dropped in front of me. He took the beer and then came back, tossed a menu in front of me and told me to come to the bar and order when I was ready. So, I went to the bar and ordered a glass of wine along with my dinner just to illustrate how much I had lost my taste for the lack of service and interest he had shown me. The next time I saw him after dining alone for over an hour is when I walked back to the bar to pay him for dinner. By this time, all the patrons had left and only the now off duty restaurant staff was drinking at the bar along with mr. can't be bothered by customers. I always tip and usually overtip, but this time he kept my near exact change by a margin of about 2 cents just so he could have mine.

The rooms are tiny, have a very sour smell due to the leather wall paper that the interior decorater convinced someone to buy, and the lighting in the room was horribly controlled by a master switch that controlled everything by shutting off the ability to use any lights in the bathroom at night in trade for not having the obnoxious flourescent lighting at the side of the bed on as there was no way to turn off the wall lamps at either side of the bed without cutting any and all power to every light in the room. Who designs a lighting system like that- really?

I don't honestly know if I have ever spent so much for so little on a hotel when traveling. Vancouver is way to cool of a city to blow it on a place like this!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank mdgsolo
STregisVancouver, Director of Sales at St. Regis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

We at the St. Regis Hotel are disappointed that you were less than satisfied after your recent stay with us. I’m very proud of our staff and our award-winning service and even when I read of incidents which are completely out of character with our staff and training, I pursue them and use as an opportunity to discuss service and refresh our expectations with our team.

I certainly apologize that we were unable to offer you the pillow you wanted immediately. Replacement pillows are easily accessible to our evening shift and after your review, I not only reminded everyone of their location but also moved some pillows to a location even more accessible to the office.

The problem with the light switch you mentioned was simply a misunderstanding of the its operation. The master switch at the door offers a “full off” option upon exiting the room--a big time saver compared to turning each light off individually. When the switch is turned back on upon re-entering the room, all the lights can be turned on and off individually. One of our staff would have been happy to take a minute to explain the switch to you had you called the front desk.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Jeremy Roncoroni, General Manager
St. Regis Hotel
gm@stregishotel.com

Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've stayed there numerous times in the last few months and found the staff exceptional, the hotel spotless and the included breakfast an unexpected treat. i will continue to make the St Regis my default hotel when in Vancouver.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business