I am a big fan of boutique hotels. Truly the best way to receive a personal touch and to stay in luxury without the matching high prices of bland hotel chains. The St Regis is one of the best hotels in Vancouver in terms of luxurious touches with incredible value. Here are five reasons why you should book this hotel and no other:
1. The Location. A block away from train and skytrain means you are right at the center of rapid transit that will take you all over the city. Amazing shopping and restaurant choices, as well as immediate access to top tourist attractions surround you.
2. The Rooms. Small and compact but incredibly well thought out, with modern design and colours, luxurious fabrics and comfortable beds. Fluffy towels in the bathroom and city views. Some street noise from room 103 but not too bothersome. Great entertainment system and TV guide online and familiar, just like home. Comfortable desk with lots of outlets for tech and good lighting.
3. The Breakfast. I have eaten many complimentary breakfasts at hotels, and this one ranks pretty high. Lots of choices, heaping portions, all the basics and table service rather than the dirty shared buffet you get at other hotels. Very pleasant service downstairs in the breakfast room, and great internet access despite being slightly below ground on this level.
4. The Small Details. This is what really makes a hotel stay stand out. The St Regis welcomed me with a personal handwritten card in my room, chocolates on my pillow and fabulous quality toiletries in the bathroom. I soooooo appreciated the free bottles water on the bedside tables.
5. The Value. Incredible. Government rates best in the city for what you receive here.
Anything to improve? There's always something! The faint smell of cigarette smoke throughout the hotel was surprising, given that I had to sign a declaration to not smoke at check-in. Not sure if this is residual odor, someone breaking the rules, or wafting in somehow from the street despite closed windows, but it's definitely there. The front desk clerk ran through the check-in instructions so quickly and was so soft spoken I had to ask him to repeat three times. And that's about all I can recommend for improvements at the time of this review! Fabulous stay, well done St Regis! I will return- this is now my go-to business hotel in this city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE ST. REGIS HOTEL - DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER CANADA. Perfectly located in the centre of downtown Vancouver, the St. Regis Hotel is the city's best choice for award-winning service and refined boutique hotel accommodations. The independent, Canadian-owned and operated St. Regis recently completed a total renovation that brought this beautiful heritage building up to the highest level of modern comfort and finish. The St. Regis all-inclusive room rates include complimentary FULL BREAKFAST, HIGH-SPEED INTERNET, FREE LOCAL AND WORLDWIDE LONG DISTANCE, FIJI BOTTLED WATER, STEVE NASH SPORTS CLUB PASSES, AND BUSINESS CENTRE ACCESS. Winner of TripAdvisor's Travellers Choice Awards for Service for Vancouver hotels, with one stay you will see why the St. Regis Hotel is "more than you expect, everything you deserve." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your St. Regis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St Regis Vancouver
- St Regis Hotel Vancouver