“Yes. Stay here.”
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

I am a big fan of boutique hotels. Truly the best way to receive a personal touch and to stay in luxury without the matching high prices of bland hotel chains. The St Regis is one of the best hotels in Vancouver in terms of luxurious touches with incredible value. Here are five reasons why you should book this hotel and no other:

1. The Location. A block away from train and skytrain means you are right at the center of rapid transit that will take you all over the city. Amazing shopping and restaurant choices, as well as immediate access to top tourist attractions surround you.

2. The Rooms. Small and compact but incredibly well thought out, with modern design and colours, luxurious fabrics and comfortable beds. Fluffy towels in the bathroom and city views. Some street noise from room 103 but not too bothersome. Great entertainment system and TV guide online and familiar, just like home. Comfortable desk with lots of outlets for tech and good lighting.

3. The Breakfast. I have eaten many complimentary breakfasts at hotels, and this one ranks pretty high. Lots of choices, heaping portions, all the basics and table service rather than the dirty shared buffet you get at other hotels. Very pleasant service downstairs in the breakfast room, and great internet access despite being slightly below ground on this level.

4. The Small Details. This is what really makes a hotel stay stand out. The St Regis welcomed me with a personal handwritten card in my room, chocolates on my pillow and fabulous quality toiletries in the bathroom. I soooooo appreciated the free bottles water on the bedside tables.

5. The Value. Incredible. Government rates best in the city for what you receive here.

Anything to improve? There's always something! The faint smell of cigarette smoke throughout the hotel was surprising, given that I had to sign a declaration to not smoke at check-in. Not sure if this is residual odor, someone breaking the rules, or wafting in somehow from the street despite closed windows, but it's definitely there. The front desk clerk ran through the check-in instructions so quickly and was so soft spoken I had to ask him to repeat three times. And that's about all I can recommend for improvements at the time of this review! Fabulous stay, well done St Regis! I will return- this is now my go-to business hotel in this city.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sharimck
There are newer reviews for St. Regis Hotel

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

For my money, this place is easily the best hotel in Vancouver. And I've stayed in roughly a dozen of them. The St. Regis is a smaller boutique hotel that really tries to offer excellent service. I've gotten to know Juan and Ryan at the front desk and they are simply awesome. The rooms are on the smaller side, but are really well appointed and the beds are super comfortable. The free world wide long distance is a nice perk. The included full made-to-order breakfast is as good as it gets. I always take advantage of the free passes to the Steve Nash gym next door. Although this might not be a good fit for someone traveling with a bunch of kids or needing a bunch of meeting space, it is an excellent option for just about everything else.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in! Really enjoyed my time in Vancouver, and a superlative stay, except for … read my caveats below

Staff: I will start with the staff because they were so awesome! Everybody friendly, helpful, and patient. Gary is an absolute legend who greets you by name each time you enter. They really make you feel welcome without being overbearing.

Rooms: Pure comfort and awesomeness.. soft welcoming bed… nice decor.. the bathroom with standup shower and heated floors was amazing!

Location: Right in the heart of downtown Vancouver… you are a stone's throw from everywhere, and a short walk to Transit station (from airport - take the train and save your money trust me).

Breakfast: MMMMMM DELICIOUS.. i'm getting hungry now thinking about it haha.. You have a choice from a few different options, always served up fresh and quickly. Included in room price too.

Extras: Free gym passes to Steve Nash! I never actually made it there, but coworkers / girlfriend told me it is an awesome gym

Caveats: Sadly I wanted to give this place a 10/ 10 review but 1 major / 1 minor gripe ….

Security - A man from Hotel staff Entered our ROOM! I'm in shower and my girlfriend unclothed on bed sleeping when someone knocked, then opened the door and came in the room!!! 'anyone here?" well yeah we are here in our room with the Do NOT Disturb sign on door. He quickly left without saying a word. This is my 2nd hotel in a row where staff have done this haha common trend or my bad luck? Anyhow I flagged this to Management, and apparently they are aware of the situation and are taking steps to correct - I seriously hope so.

Noise - Amazing downtown location means just that - you get the amazing downtown noise too - cars and traffic, drunks & homeless people yelling lol Not a big deal as I used earplugs and slept like a baby.

Overall - an amazing boutique hotel! Almost a perfect 10 but the caveats knock it down from this notch. I would still recommend the place, loved my stay there :)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Schlampah
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We had a great first time visit to Vancouver and stayed at the S.R. due to its location and reasonable price. The location couldn't be better and the room price included a full breakfast. Some of the earlier reviews said there was a breakfast buffet but when we were there it was a custom ordered individually prepared meal. The front desk staff were always ready to assist us in navigating public transport and describing local neighborhoods and restaurants. They greeted us upon every arrival and said goodbye each morning as we explored a wonderful city.
The room was new, and spotless although on the small side. The hotel definitely contributed to a great visit to B.C.

Room Tip: Not a room tip, but there is a wine and spirits store that is close by down stairs on the way to a t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeffkoppel8
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I travel through the USA, Canada, Central and South America 80+ days per year. I try many different hotels and am so pleased to stumble on the St.Regis in Vancouver.

Gary, Diana and the rest of the team are excellent.

Beds...perfect..

Lots of plugs on the wall by the desk...essential.

Rooms small but very well appointed - bathroom amazing.

Terrific bar in the hotel and top notch steakhouse next door.

Get free access to the best gym in the city around the corner - Steven Nash sports club.

Complimentary breakfast is substantial and free wifi.

I have found my permanent hotel in Vancouver - will never stay at another hotel in this city,

Well done!

Room Tip: I stayed in 103 - excellent room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mdlphins
Reviewed 3 April 2014

What's not to like about this boutique hotel? The location is perfect! The hotel is close to everything -- a block away from the Central Station Stop on the Sky Train from the airport; minutes away from the heart of Vancouver's downtown; steps away from coffee shops, restaurants, shopping; 5 minutes from cinemas; 3 blocks from the Art Gallery; 10 minutes from Gastown; 15 minutes from Chinatown. The pub attached to the hotel is a great place to hang and the food is good. Want a coffee? Starbucks is right next door and Timmy's is across the street. The free breakfast is huge. The hotel staff are unbelievably attentive and helpful. Our room was clean, well-appointed, small but luxurious, with good lighting, comfy beds, beautiful linens and a window that opened. The bathroom was spotless with nice soaps, shampoos etc. Phone calls are free. We loved this marvelous hotel! We will be back and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: This is a downtown hotel so there is street noise. If that is a problem for you, ask for a quiet roo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramblingstone
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

It's the best boutique hotel we ever stayed. The service is excellent. The rooms, the breakfast, concierge, location, everything was GREAT!!! It's a luxury boutique hotel. 1st class service.
The staff was very kind with us, they help us a lot with their recommendations.
We'll be back next time in Vancouver.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple