“Well located”

Ranked #9 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal
“Well located”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Really enjoyed 4 nights here and would go back anytime. Very quaint hotel located at walking distance to everything you can ever desire! Staff was great and service was impeccable. Although some rooms are a little noisy but still great stay. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are better
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great hotel. A little on the pricey side compared to some other hotels, but considering the value adds we got, we all felt it was well worth the price. We were four people staying in a single room with double beds. The room was a little bit on the smaller side, but it had everything we need and felt high end.

The best feature of our room was by far the bathroom. My family and I made a trip in various cities in Canada and of the four hotels we stayed at (all within the same price range), St. Regis had a stunning bathroom--double sink, glass door, standing shower, and the shower head is moveable.

Huge pros for this hotel:

- Service from the managers and employees was amazing! They knew all the POIs we wanted to go to, provided directions, and suggested restaurants that fit our specific needs (vegetarian).
- Free breakfast and the food was great with actual wait service (no buffet here)
- Free WiFi
- Beds were excellent and pillows are firm (personal preference)
- Free Fiji water and apples in the lobby
- Great decor and centrally located

Drawbacks (from minor to barely noteworthy):

- Very small elevator
- The 3 minute zone in front of the hotel is on a busy street with only a few lanes so other drivers tend to get overly aggressive when you stop and turn on the hazards.
- Parking is a little pricey, but probably not that high considering the city/location.

---

In sum, I would highly recommend this hotel to others and I wouldn't hesitate to stay at St. Regis if I was in Vancouver again.

Disclaimer: I was asked by the staff to leave a review on Tripadvisor upon checking out. All my points are genuine, but I felt this was worth mentioning.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Have just spent 3 nights at this hotel and would highly recommend it. It is extremely well priced for the quality of the rooms and the location, which would be hard to beat. All of the staff we dealt with we're amazing and there are lots of little extras like great cooked breakfast included in the price, excellent free WiFi, free gym access to the best gym in the city next door and free international calling. As others have mentioned the beds and pillows are fantastic, but what blew us away was the large modern bathroom with 2 sinks and enormous shower. One of the best hotels I have stayed in.

Only 1 criticism - no refrigerator in the room! Still worth 5 stars.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at the St Regis at the end of an Alaskan cruise and what a great choice it was. Had a corner room on the third floor - beautifully done out, lovely bathroom, comfortable bed, tasteful furnishings, etc., etc. Didn't hear a thing from outside so well soundproofed. Lift was efficient and speedy - good security through use of key card to call it from ground floor. Room speedily and efficiently cleaned whilst we were at breakfast by very pleasant housekeeping staff. In fact all the staff were very good, nay excellent. Found out tickets were available for Michael Buble concert at Rogers Arena and front desk staff sorted them out for us no problem - delivered to our room ready when we came back in. Terrific service! All in all a great hotel right in between shopping and seafront and Gastown. Convenient for most things. Had meal in adjoining pub/restaurant, also good. Overall thanks St Regis for a great stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the St. Regis for three nights while touring Western Canada. The hotel is ideally situated for all the amenities in downtown Vancouver and the staff were very helpful and looked after our needs. Room was lovely, modern and very clean. The complimentary breakfast was very good served by cheerful staff. Highly recommend this as one of the best places to stay in the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a night and then had to go to another city but ensured I returned for my final night in Vancouver. It was lovely and clean and as far as small hotels go the rooms were surprisingly spacious,not massive but a very comfortable size. I would most definitely return should I return to Vancouver. The reception staff were all equally great, friendly and helpful, going out of their way to help and ensure you love your stay not just at the hotel itself but also Vancouver as a whole. I was having to leave before breakfast service began and when I mentioned this the gentleman at reception said he would arrange a cold breakfast to be prepared for me to take with me - it was a lovely gesture and much appreciated. My second nights stay, a few days later I was able to sample the actual breakfast as served in the restaurant area on the lower ground floor. Although not greedily substantial it was actually just right as far as breakfasts go. The service was very quick which was great as I did not have a great deal of time to spare before leaving for the airport. Also the adjoining pub/restaurant was great, I had lunch there and it was a massive portion which I could not finish, when I mentioned I was a guest at the hotel they offered to box it up for me and leave it in their refrigerator, they would happily reheat it whenever I wanted. Honestly I was speechless what a lovely place!! My first night there was a slight problem with the noise from the street, my second room on my second night had no problem with sound although the shower was slightly blocked - I was too tired to bother reception but I am sure they would have moved me to another room should I have mentioned this - reception went so far as to actually check me into my flight the following day - it was hardly their job but they really did go beyond what was expected. On a final note, location was great, very easy to navigate around and right in the middle of all the shops.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the St. Regis on a recent trip to Vancouver. The room was very modern and clean and the location central to all that we wanted to do. The staff was very helpful and a great breakfast was included as well. If you need a place to stay while in Vancouver, check it out!

Stayed July 2014