“Superb choice”
Review of St. Regis Hotel

St. Regis Hotel
Ranked #9 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 26 October 2009

We spent 2 nights at this hotel and I agree with all who previously provided rave reviews. I will only try to add some information.

I usually stick to public transportation in a city as large as Vancouver, but we needed our rental car quite often. This hotel's parking garage is next to the hotel and access was quite easy and at at reasonable daily charge (unlimited in and out privileges).

The quality and selection of the included Full Breakfast was excellent.

Many hotels have nice rooms, but were not quite designed for people living out of suit cases. Our room was exceptionally well designed for ease of use by the traveling customer. If you want a room with a bath tub, it might be difficult to obtain at this hotel.

In room internet is provided at no extra charge. The log on id was 12 characters and the password was 13 characters. If your computer goes into standby mode, you have to do the log in process again. I think that there was a lot more finger exercise than is needed.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for St. Regis Hotel

Reviewed 21 October 2009

We had to sign on to tripadvisor to let everyone know this is the best hotel we have ever stayed in. We were continuously blown away by every aspect, the friendliness, cleanliness (I can't get over how thorough the cleaning staff were), and great facilities. This was the best hotel experience we have ever had. The staff continuously went above and beyond, no request was too much, and we could never stump them with our questions. Their restaurant and tourist recommendations and knowledge were spot on. The room was wonderful, comfy bed, great shower and all the extras you need when travelling (such as really dark curtains and no outside sound). The included breakfast was always fresh and tasty. Thank you St Regis for making our Vancouver experience so wonderful.

Reviewed 20 October 2009

We booked our room at the St. Regis based on the glowing reviews here and were delighted that we did. From the friendly greeting at the front door, to the elegant and understated decor of the room, to the luxury of the bathroom, the hotel had the quality of a place twice the price. Only downside was the street noise outside when the bars closed.

Reviewed 19 October 2009

It was my privilege to be the second guest to make use of the new massage services within the St. Regis Hotel in Vancouver, BC. Upon the completion of my massage, the hotel manager was anxiously awaiting my feedback. I could only say "fantastic" as I was far too relaxed for more words! The music was not to my taste, however, Mr. Roncoroni assured me that was being dealt with and he even suggested they would set up the system whereby each guest could bring in their own IPod or MP3 player. Their therapist, Mishal, was exceptional and I felt like a new person when I left the room! The fact that this service is also available to non hotel guests is fantastic And, at $60.00 per hour ....unbelievable!!! What a wonderful hotel, a great location and delightfully helpful staff! Thank you, St. Regis!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2009

There is not too much to say that has not already been said, but I can simply add to the praise for this fabulous hotel! All the staff seemed proud of the establishment, happy, and eager to help. The location cannot be beat - only one block from the Canada Line train that takes you directly to the airport, and within walking distance to pretty much anything you could want. It is modern, elegant, and little things like complimentary bottled water, chocolate on your pillow, seem unimportant, but it just goes to show that the St. Regis is not looking to cut any corners. We absolutely loved our experience and will definitely be back, however, just would like to warn that this hotel may not be for everyone. Because it is a heritage hotel, the rooms are fairly small (although excellently laid out) and there is quite a bit of street noise and hallway noise. This did not bother us in the slightest, and most of the street noise was just in the morning when traffic got busy...but it is something to keep in mind if that is a concern for you.
Additionally, I had noticed that some earlier reviews had criticized the complimentary breakfast provided - but there is simply nothing to complain about in this regard! The breakfast lounge is a lovely room, with plenty of tables, attentive staff that are always replenishing items and checking to make sure everything is okay. There was a good selection of cold breakfast items, pastries, etc. and eggs/potatoes/bacon,ham, or sausage are provided cooked to order once you are seated at the table - a fantastic value!!
In short, the St.Regis certainly does deliver above and beyond!

Reviewed 13 October 2009

Friendly helpful staff made our stay absolutely fantastic.

Reviewed 12 October 2009

I don't think I can say anything different than what has already been said here - this is a great hotel. When I called to make the reservation, they asked if we were coming for any special occasion, and I mentioned that we were celebrating our first wedding anniversary. When we got to our room, there was a little box of chocolates and a hand written note from the manager welcoming us and wishing us a happy anniversary. Not a big thing, but it's the little touches that sets this hotel apart. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, welcoming and more than helpful. The rooms are well appointed, clean and tastefully decorated. There is nothing I can think of to fault this hotel on. I will be back!