“The BEST”

Ranked #2,285 of 3,732 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“The BEST”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We have gone many times and have had great service & excellent food. Have made reservations every time with no problems. Every dish we have had has been great. If you go on the weekends & would like a little quiet ask for a table at the front. The Porchetta nights are on the top of the nights to go, so much fun. They also offer take out. Written by table 2.

• Visited March 2013

Vancouver
“I've never been so disrespected in my entire life.”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We brought our Mom for her birthday to Osteria Napoli Ristorante. Called ahead and made a reservation and confirmed that we had a Groupon. Upon arrival, our server was rude, rushing us through our drink order. We weren’t ready so he left abruptly. He came back a few minutes later, still weren’t ready, he rolled his eyes and left. After ordering two carafes of wine, mussels, garlic prawns, and a bowl of clam linguine to share, the cook/owner comes out with his voice raised so the entire restaurant can hear him- “Did you buy a Groupon? And only ordered one pasta? We’re losing money here! You need to leave!” Grabs my partners AND my mom’s partner’s glass and ushers us to leave without giving us the courtesy to decide whether or not we wanted to stay and pay the full meal, even though there were no discrepancies with our Groupon. I interrupt saying that we’ve ordered two appetizers, wine, pasta, and were planning on ordering dessert for our MOMS BIRTHDAY DINNER, he apologized with “kisses” and brought us complimentary bread, excusing himself because “He is from Sicily”. He blamed the server for telling him that we ONLY ordered pasta between the four of us and were using a groupon. Shortly after, our server returned and asked us, “Have you sorted it out?”, instead of apologizing for the inappropriate behavior towards us. We explained how rude we thought the situation was handled, and he replied “That’s unfortunate.” I was so embarrassed I couldn’t help but cry, I had to leave the table to compose myself. Mid way through our meal our server left. Another server took his place. I felt rushed through our meal, our server came to take our pasta away and we asked him to pack it for us. They charged us for the full meal and made a point of stating the original bill ($87) in order for us to tip appropriately. I work in the service industry, I know how Groupons work. I’ve also NEVER been as humiliated and disrespected in my entire life.

• Visited April 2013
22 Thank KM88Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“Gluttony s alive and well”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

OMG-had the family style meal. Antipasto, pasta, main entree and Tiramisu. First time there with a big group. It was like going to an Italian wedding. Very rustic restaurant with good food. Nothing pretentious. I enjoyed the experience.

• Visited December 2012
“Would not go again”
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Food was like Spaghetti Factory but more expensive. All sauces the same. Not much flavor. Lack manners, took my plate away before my husband was finished. Very noisy with the man playing live music. Actually couldn't talk to one another as he roamed around. This restaurant is for locals that have grown with the restaurant and just want to have many drinks and be happy. Not those that want tasty food. Expensive for quality. We paid over $100. for appetizer and meal, a beer and left before dessert or coffee as just did not want to stay.

• Visited September 2012
5 Thank JuniVancouver
“Always awesome Italian”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

hot plates, superb food, they always bring you an opening surprise appetizer, the owner is always on staff watching everything, the wait staff are all experienced and highly attentive, the seafood vongole is my wife's favourite, and the cannelloni stuffed with Veal awesome. True Italian and they even have a musician playing on a Thursday night. The 1/2 litre house red is perfectly matched to our piping hot entrees. this place has a line up on weekends because it's excellent consistently and the owner is the best!

• Visited September 2012