“well served” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #533 of 3,677 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$0 - US$26
Cuisines: Canadian, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Granville Street
Description: For that sublime dining experience, Café One is a showcase of the designs of contemporary Canadian glass artist "Martha Sturdy." Her elliptical chandeliers hang overhead, lighting the stage for a memorable meal.
Auckland
“well served”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I recently spent five happy days in beautiful Vancouver. It was a pity about the rain, but the warmth, service and hospitality at Cafe One more than compensated. On this first time, but not last, visit to this city I so enjoyed this restaurant that I dined there twice and lunched once. Tammy, David, Michael and their team were welcoming and knowledgeable. Apart from charming, they knew the menu, knew the wine list and were able to guide me through my meals by advising suitable B.C. wines to taste with my courses. This was important to me as B.C. wines were new and unknown to me. The service therefore was excellent in every element and I thank the team for their welcome, knowledge and service. This was all much appreciated and I look forward to my return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnthonyRemuera

San Francisco, California
“Sunshine and Wine on the Patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

Relaxed on the patio just outside the lobby for a little email catch-up and wine after a long day of travel and meetings. took a while to get served since they are occupied with the bar inside, but once I did, it was excellent. I didn't eat there, so no comment on the food.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
San Francisco, California
“Excellent for someone searching for clean & healthy meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

The food was excellent! Lots of local ingredients & fresh seasonal items. I'm a bit of a picky eater, so they were really accommodating in terms of replacing/removing ingredients which means that the food is made fresh. I thought the price was right for the quality you got. Live music in the evening made for a beautiful atmosphere.

Visited June 2013
Fort Langley, Canada
“They do it right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Loved eating a fantastic breakfast (Canadian Traditional) in a quiet setting while watching the hustle of the city outside the floor to ceiling windows.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will NEVER go again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

We had reservations for 7pm on a saturday night. When the hostess finally came to greet us, she said she'd be back in a minute. There was a line up of 5 other couples and a 3/4 empty restaurant. Our hostess looked lost and confused - took her 10 minutes to seat us. Took another 15 minutes to bring us menus. We had to ask for water and to place our order. We asked if there was something wrong and she said they were not expecting so many customers. Really 5 couples is a lot of people?? Most of us had reservations. After half and hour and zero service, we left the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013