“Don't waste your time looking elsewhere - book it now to avoid disappointment.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Bee & Thistle Guest House
Ranked #4 of 55 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 July 2010

My wife and I stayed at the B & T for 4 nights in early June prior to boarding our ship for an Alaskan cruise, followed by 10 days driving across the Rockies.

We wondered whether being out of the centre of Vancouver would be a disadvantage. We needn't have worried: the bus and Sky Train were both within easy walking distance, and various restaurants just around the corner in this lively suburb.

Although Lynn and Michael are fairly new to the B&B business they are off to a cracking start and it's hard to see how they could improve, although having experienced their hospitality I'm sure they'll surprise further.

The room and bathroom were spotless, and little touches like a fridge with soft drinks provided and chocolate biscuits (ok cookies if you're from the wrong side of the pond!) and muffins only enhanced the experience. There's even a wifi enabled notebook available in every room. When the weather permits there is an outside balcony for relaxing with a book and a drink - and if Lynn spots you she'll no doubt ply you with some savoury like crisps (ok chips if you're from the wsotp!).

But of course the sensations of the stay were Lynn's breakfasts. Each day something different, and not just bog standard B&B fair either. Lynn is up early every morning creating breakfast courses that wow your taste buds with exquisite flavours. Not only that but the presentations were so original they would grace any master chef's portfolio. And remember these are just breakfasts. If Lynn and Michael were ever to turn to full board I think I'd walk across the water just for the dinner experience. If they ever opened a restaurant I think I might even migrate.

We've stayed in many B&B's across the world and I can honestly say that the B&T is the best we've come across.

Both Lynn and Michael were attentive without being obtrusive and Michael even ran us down to the port terminal to board our ship. This little gem of a B&B deserves to prosper.

Richard & Barbara

Reviewed 3 July 2010

I'm not waiting to return home to rave about Lynn & Michael Ferguson's Bee & Thistle Guest House--I'm writing this review from the Lion's Loft on the third floor of a lovely 1908 home in the Commercial Drive district of Vancouver. These two people are wonderful on every count: delightful conversationalists, incredibly accommodating, they provided lots of very nice, personalized touches, helpful. Our daughter liked her bed in the Molly room so much we're going to order one just like it for her apartment. The Fergusons provide wonderful recommendations for dining in the area, banking... And let me not understate how wonderful the breakfasts are: delicious, gorgeous presentation, relaxing. Lynn, Michael, may we live here with you??? Vancouver is a wonderful city with many different neighborhoods. The Drive is up-and-coming, lots of nice shops and excellent restaurants--we have been amazed by every lunch and dinner. We rented a car at YVR but there is a very extensive public transportation system here so you don't necessarily have to go to that expense. We came to find an apartment for our daughter who will attend UBC in the fall (which was made easier by having the car) and did so within the first 24 hours of our stay. We love coming "home" to the Bee & Thistle--it is a *perfect* place: it has great hosts, such comfy beds, nice landscaping, friendly atmosphere (we enjoyed our conversations with other guests very much), safe, walking distance to many eateries and shops... We leave on Monday. Sigh.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Lynn and Michael make you feel so wanted, the room was spotlessly clean, they were so helpful, a fantastic exsperience for us,the breakfast!!!! well were do you start,its awsome, all homemade, you wouldnt get better in a top London hotel, such great value, if you are going to Vancouver please stay here you wont regret it ever.Lynn and Michael are such special hosts, my husbands had a birthday and they tied balloons on his chair for breakfast, thats the sort of hosts they are!!!.

Reviewed 24 June 2010

I am visiting from Australia and my daughter, selected the Bee and Thistle for my 3 day stay in Vancouver. Lynn and Michael are outstanding hosts who made me feel like a family member and not a paid guest. My room had an extra verandah area attached which I used when I was not sightseeing.The breakfasts are exceptional. Lynn and Michael's advice re sightseeing were spot on. The bus heading downtown is a short walk away on Commercial drive . The bus trip takes approx 15 mins to downtown. Commercial drive has quality restaurants and shops .

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2010

All the great reviews are well deserved. Stay here! You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Max32201
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on our honeymoon. What a beautiful home. The room was cozy and warm. Very clean and fresh. We had the top floor room with a full kitchen, fireplace and several skylights.

Heart shaped cookies and champagne for our first night with treats everyday. Make sure to check the cookie jar!

Lee and Michael were wonderful hosts, made us feel very welcome and helped us with suggestions and directions for our daily excursions.

The food was wonderful with beautiful extra touches in presentation.

We were able to walk to many of our destinations with public transportation being very close by also. We loved being able to walk to dinner.

We truly relaxed and had a wonderful time.

We highly recommend the Bee and Thistle.

Annette & Joe Rothe
Henderson, NV

Reviewed 22 June 2010

We stayed at Lynn and Michael's Bee and Thistle for 3 nights. The breakfasts which Lynn prepares lovingly, besides being delicious are gorgeous enough to be photographed. Michael drove us back and forth to our stations and downtown. The rooms and bathrooms are totally renovated and equivalent to a 5-star hotel. The experience there was totally awesome. They are relatively new to the B&B scene and I'm sure that once the word spreads, theirs will become the number one in the area. I believe no one will be disappointed after a stay with Lynn and Michael at the Bee and Thistle Guest House.