“Pampered” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bee & Thistle Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Bee & Thistle Guest House
Ranked #5 of 50 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Pampered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2011

Lynn and Michael's The Bee & Thistle was simply the best bed and breakfast my wife and I ever stayed at (after extensive travels in North America, Europe, and Asia). Everything from our arrival, to the house, the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the breakfasts, and the hosts was amazing. We stayed at a very nice and modern hotel downtown the night prior and would unequivocally say our stay at Lynn and Michael's house was better in all aspects - more character, more comfort, and certainly more warmth. And all this is even before we had Lynn's incredible breakfasts... You would be hard pressed to find a better spread (and better company!) anywhere downtown. Finally, the neighborhood is full of little restaurants. We particularly enjoyed Taiyo Sushi: nice and simple and 2 blocks from home!

We will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2011

We LOVED staying at the Bee and Thistle. The breakfasts were absolutely the best breakfast food we have ever had. The presentation of the food was beautiful. The room was clean, luxurious, perfect. And if you like ethnic food, you are in the heart of one of Vancouver's best areas.

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
lowestoft
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed at the Bee and Thistle for a week. It was so much fun to hear people's reaction to their first breakfast. I don't think I have heard so many WOW's in one week. To give an example of the quality of the service, one very cold morning when I was leaving to go to work Michael noticed I had no gloves and promptly offered to loan me his. Another is each morning being left a flask of water to make tea, and a note saying good morning pushed under my door to avoid disturbing me. One day I even had a friend around who wasn't staying at the b&b for breakfast! The list goes on... What made the level of the service at this b&b amazing was it's consistancy, but what made it special was the way in which it was done - as if it was a pleasure. By the end of the week I almost felt as if I was saying goodbye to family!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Renton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2010

My husband and I came to Vancouver last weekend for two days for a last-minute sightseeing trip. My husband comes to Vancouver often for work and stays in larger hotels in the city, but I wanted something with a little more ambience. We could not have been more pleased with our time at the Bee and Thistle. Everything written in previous reviews about the food is true - amazingly presented and wonderful to eat. Lynn and Michael obviously love to cook and take great pride in the food they present. We stayed in the Ivy room, which was very comfortable and had everything to suit our needs. The Commercial District, where the Inn is located, has several nice restaurants and quaint shops and is an easy 5-10 minute drive from downtown.

Frankly, what makes this place truly worth staying at are Lynn and Michael. They are an absolutely lovely couple. On our last morning, we stayed for over 1 1/2 after we were done eating just chatting with them. Their priority is that people staying with them are comfortable and have everything they need. It is obvious that they love with they are doing and I predict that their business will only increase as word gets around. We had no trouble booking last minute, just because we visited off-season, but I have a feeling that would not be the case during the peak season.

I can honestly say that it is an excellent value, given the quality of the breakfast, etc. I have already recommended this Inn to my friends and family, and we absolutely plan on coming back. Truly wonderful!

Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

The inn keepers were "bend over backwards" accommodating, and the breakfast was generous and delicious. It didn't feel like a hotel or an inn, but instead felt more like visiting our favorite aunt and uncle, but without the nosy questions :)

Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Bee & Thistle for a brief, two night visit to Vancouver. Lynn and Michael were fantastic hosts -- I honestly couldn't imagine a more perfect experience. We stayed in one of the smaller rooms and it was completely appointed and had the most comfortable hotel/b&b bed that we've ever slept on.

The breakfasts really are as magnificent as the photos show. Read the other reviews posted here. At the time of this post, not one review is rated less than "5" for very good reason. We can't wait to return. We travel regularly and there is no other hotel or b&b that we would recommend more.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2010

Vancouver
It won’t be long before this B&B is rated No. 1 in Vancouver. In a word - outstanding. The room was extremely comfortable, and thoughtfully and tastefully decorated. The bed was probably the best and most comfortable we have ever slept in. However, this was not the difference between this and other B&B’s. The difference is Lynn and Michael who are the most wonderful hosts you could ever wish for. Michael is extremely helpful and goes out of his way to make his guests feel welcome – nothing is too much trouble. Lynn’s breakfasts are absolutely incredible. The presentation is so stunning that guests bring their cameras to breakfast and the discussion around the quality of the breakfast is a great ice breaker. It does not end there though. The food is absolutely delicious and anyone that eats lunch on the same day must have one hell of an appetite! We were fortunate enough to share a bottle of wine (or was it 2 or 3?) with Lynn and Michael, and found them to be extremely warm and open people who anyone would be proud to call friends. In a practical sense, this B&B is in an excellent location no more than 5km from downtown and easy walking distance to public transport and a number of good restaurants in Commercial Drive. One tip – be sure to book well in advance to secure your chance to stay in this gem.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple