“The worst sushi experience in Vancouver”
Review of Toyama Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Toyama Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Robson Street
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is the worst sushi restaurant I have ever eaten in ever. Not only is the service unfriendly and the food unexciting, bland and stingy but they have the nerve to add a 10% tip onto the bill without your consent. To add insult to injury they add the tip before the tax so that the tax is on not only the amount but the tip too! Do yourself a favor, there are so many great sushi restaurants in Vancouver go to one of them and not to Toyama Japanese Restaurant you will thank me. I also kept the bill so if I'm challenged I can produce it no problem and I would be willing to publish it on Tripadvisor.

2  Thank JeffM1199

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Some of it was good but didn't come close to sushi we get at home. We did the all you can eat but no one told us that we would be charged for not finishing our food. They pointed to some miniscule print & said this is the rule everywhere. Well maybe it's a rule in Vancouver but we've never heard of that. Plus the charge is whatever they tell you it's going to be...

1  Thank mihockeymom15
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to a couple sushi places that has the all you can eat offering and the food is barely edible and the service is terrible. Not the case with Toyama. We visited mid afternoon on a Saturday. The place was just under 50% capacity.Our primary server was terrific. We did the all you can eat and the food started arriving minutes after we placed our first order. Sure it is not the best sushi to be had, but I felt it was good value. I would return.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Don't go hungry, food takes forever to come...if it comes at all. Ordered a ton of stuff, got a bite's worth of food. Left hungry.

1  Thank Sara R
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I haven't experienced such a bad service in a long time. I am here right now. Is been 40 minutes and I still haven't got my miso soup. Not to mention te suck I ordered which I think will take about 20 minutes longer. The food is so not worth the wait. Don't go there unless you have 3 hours to spend

1  Thank Mohammed K