Best Western Plus Sands
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Sunset Inn and Suites(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$261
US$240
US$341
US$330
Fairmont Pacific Rim(Vancouver)
US$458
US$427
  • Restaurant
Blue Horizon Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$280
  • Breakfast included
US$589
US$502
1,555 results
All reviewsstanley parkdavie streetbayside loungegreat locationenglish bay beachwest endsea wallan older hotelwould stay here againtop floorbus stoptim hortonsfront desk staffgranville islandhotel restaurantlots of restaurantsdowntown vancouver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and had a room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the street but had a small sea view. So close to Stanley Park and many eateries within walking distance. The hotel is a little dated, the walls are a bit thin so you could hear neighbors TV & shower but certainly it had everything we needed. Appreciated the free wifi. The shower didn't get very hot nor was the pressure great. Staff very helpful. A pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello

Thank You for taking time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the balcony room with a partial view from one of our balcony rooms. Unfortunately the hotel is an older property but we are continuously making efforts to upgrade the rooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Vancouver.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

my family (my wife, a 2 and 4 year old) arrived in the evening after the London flight and found there was a mix up between Expedia and the hotel and our 3 night booking was not booked in until the following day - so no hotel that night. I had also rung the hotel a month before to reserve a larger room with a sofa bed and there was no record of this.

Without going over the whole experience in detail, the reason I would give 4 stars is that all the staff took individual ownership, were helpful and courteous over the issues when I presented them to the front desk. They booked me in a different hotel which to be honest was better (the plaza around the corner) that first night, They also dropped a lot of charges, gave discounts and gave us extras like free breakfast (which I'd recommend) to make up for the errors. The hotel is also well located for the beach, (though the choice of local evening restaurants for children is limited). We chose to come back 2 weeks later and stay another 4 nights and they were also very welcoming the second time around (though they did recognise me - oops!). The rooms are a good size though I recommend paying the extra and getting one of the rooms with a sofa bed if you have 2 children as it gives more space in the room.

The only consistent fault I had was communication between individual members of staff was absent. I found myself having to repeat conversations to each new staff member on duty when I was assured information would be passed between staff on more than one occasion.

The second stay was trouble free. I'd recommend it for young families.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sofa bed, it's worth the extra money.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MDowning1973

Hello

I am very pleased that our staff were able to help make your stay positive. We try to empower our staff to make sure the guest is accommodated, unfortunately they had to work extra hard because of some clerical mistakes made in the reservation process which should not happen. I really appreciate you being so understanding with the manor. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and the location of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver if you travel across the pond again to visit our fine city.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

There are definite pluses and minuses about this hotel. The pluses-- superb location (especially for tourists new to Vancouver), half a block from English Bay and close to Stanley Park, in a lively neighborhood. It's a popular pick-up point for travelers going on cruises. The office staff is first-rate. The hotel is a bit old and tired, but the location and front staff more than make up for it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert M
BWSandsGM, General Manager at Best Western Plus Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Hello

Thank you for the review of the property. I am glad you found the location such a plus and our hotel staff were able to help make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to having you stay on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. We stayed 2 nights in 2 different rooms (we ended up arriving a day early) Both were very nice but I loved the room 524 with a king bed and a balcony with a gorgeous partial view of the bay. Had breakfast and dinner at the hotel restaurant and both were great. Both rooms were clean and updated and very nice. Free wifi which worked great, I had no issues with the internet service. We would definitely stay here again if we were to come back to Vancouver.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank jojoanddash

Hello

Thank You for taking the time to review our property. I am glad your stay was very enjoyable and were able to take advantage of our on site restaurant for both dinner and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This was a very reasonably priced and clean hotel for our one night in Vancouver prior to our Alaskan cruise. The hotel is in a great location with good restaurants and bars nearby. There will be some noise from the street, but we were on the top floor and had no problem sleeping at night. It is right near the beach, and very importantly, a block from the Safeway so we could stock up on items for our cruise. If we were to end up in Vancouver again, this is definitely a hotel I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Aim for the top two floors or the backside of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ut_jd

Hello

Thank You for choosing to stay with us before your cruise. I hope you enjoyed your cruise and were able to grab everything you needed from the grocery store just up the street. It also sounds like you were able to take in all the amazing restaurants in the area. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Vancouver.