“I loved it & I am coming back to stay here again”
Review of Cassandra Hotel

Cassandra Hotel
Ranked #84 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Edmonton, Canada
“I loved it & I am coming back to stay here again”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Good place to stay. Location is great. The front desk was very friendly & helpful. Especially Nicky & Jenny. They help us find the best place to visit in the city. They even took the time to get my girlfriend a little something for her birthday. We`re definitely coming back to stay here. Thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I m not sure why there were so many bad reviews earlier for this hotel but I like it. I m not expecting to stay in a 5 star hotel by paying less than $100 for a night in summer. Our room got nice mountain view. We went for some restaurants close to this hotel. There r many options. Overall impression is not that bad. We like Vancouver and we will definitely come to Vancouver again next year!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Cooart
Seattle
Reviewed 9 June 2011

This place has an attractive list of amenities and nice-looking photos, and so when we saw how cheap it was, we thought it must be due to the neighborhood it's in. Well, the neighborhood is indeed not a good one, but I would say that given how crappy the hotel actually was, we should have been paying even less than we did. Yes, they do have some nice amenities (microwave and WiFi, etc.), but they get their money back by doing things like not carpeting under your bed (it was just bare concrete), stowing junk in the parking area, using IKEA lamps as the only nod to modern decor, not re-caulking over the moldy grout in the shower, and not bothering to air out the rooms. And the mattress and pillow really were *incredibly* uncomfortable--saggy, lumpy, you name it. I'm not a person with high expectations in the mattress/pillow department, but having to pay for that level of discomfort was insulting.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CBinSeattle

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I travel alot and i've been in many hotels and motels in Canada and in USA for the past couple of years.

But this hotel is one of the worst i've been in.

The staff is not very friendly - we had some few very simple questions and the staff in the front desk looked very unhappy and was rather rude in my oppionion.

As we went to the room - the overall impression was that it was VERY dirty. The floors very dirty - you could feel your feet stick to the tiles on the ground for every step you made.

As we came to the second floor all the ceilings in the hallways was missing - I did some searching on the internet - and i've found out that they had a water damage over A YEAR AGO.

Well besides from the very unclean hotel - there was a very bad smell in all the hotel - in the room, in the lobby, in the hallways even in the parking lot.

We are only staying here for 2 days - and we have slept here for 1 day now. We have been thinking about changing hotel over and over again already..

THE GOOD PARTS:
Free wireless internet - which actually works.
Safe parking below the hotel (very dirty though).

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank RHochreuter
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2011

As mentioned in other reviews, the front desk was very helpful and the hotel does have computers with the internet which are free to use.

However, despite being upgraded to a better room, I found it to be quite dirty with a lingering smell. The hotel is also very far out of town.

Overall, I would not recommend staying here

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank kevinmc2003
Radford, Virginia
Reviewed 30 May 2011

It's a cheap hotel. I got what I paid for...in an eclectic neighborhood but very, very far from anywhere you would want to be in Vancouver. However, the front desk was great and gave fantastic directions for public transportation each morning I was there. No complaints about the front desk at all.

Apparently, they couldn't afford to carpet the entire room because under each of the beds was just a dirty, unfinished concrete floor with strips of carpet on either side. I was hesitant to walk in the room barefoot. It didn't look dirty, I just felt like it was. Towels were threadbare and rough. They also had signs around the building with directions on garbage disposal for weekly guests. I don't particularly want to stay at cheap hotels that also rent by the week so that might have contributed to my feelings re: the place.

It's kind of a dirty, worn hotel. I didn't feel unsafe and it was fairly quiet but not for my taste. Maybe on step above a hostel but only because I got my own room and bathroom.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank taraship
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Do not believe in any single of the EXCELLENT reviews. This hotel is the worst hotel I have ever been in North America. I do extensive travel around the Continent, and not even in the poorest country in South America you find such a poor maintained motel.
You are coming to the famous Vancouver so please dont tint that experience by staying in that piece of yunk.
Ohhh, why I ended up there???? thanks to my money saver office manager

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business