Cassandra Hotel
US$334
US$322
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$425
US$412
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desk agentskytrain stationmetrotowntelevisiontransitbc
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This is my second trip to the hotel in the past year. I really enjoy coming to this location as I do my groceries and cook in my hotel room. We arrived early and they let us leave our bags so we could go out and eat lunch and come back for check-in.

The staff are wonderful, always helping me out when I need it.

The vending machine needs an upgrade as it spits out my coins but that's ok.

Don't expect much from a budget hotel breakfast. It's free and I love anything that's free.

Overall, I've read reviews about complaints. Have u tried talking about it to the staff? I told them my tv wasn't working and they replaced it right away!

I would recommend this to my budget concious friends who want a decent and friendly place to stay.

2  Thank HappyAdventures098
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We recently stayed at the Cassandra Hotel and it was the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed in.Tthe price for the pet was $50 canadian for a dog over 20lbs. which for the quality was over the top. We would not recommend this hotel to any traveler, I would say stay at a little more expensive place for the cleanliness and make it a better experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellymu
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I booked this hotel before checking the reviews so I was alittle worried. I had also got the best rate with a no cancellation no refund policy. I had read afterwards that it was full of bedbugs and shady guests, but after paying $126 that would not be returned, i hoped for the best. I did NOT have any issues with those, but i left there feeling like I was the problem, as they ask for a deposit of $150 as well as the payment for the room upfront.

We checked in after 2pm as they charge you if you're earlier, and found a really nice clean room, however for the 4 of us, there were only 2 large towels and 2 hand towels. no facecloths, so we had to ask the front desk for more. There is absolutely no info in the room regarding the hotel ammenities, nearby restaurants, etc. You have to go down to the lobby. They charge extra for internet access.

They only gave us one card key, which took at least 7 swipes to open any doors. The secure underground parking was tight with our truck, and in order to leave, you have to drive forward and back a few times over the cord to activate the door. In order to use the sauna and hot tub, you have to get a key from the front desk. They only had 3 keys, so we had to get let in by the front staff as all the keys were signed out at the time. The hot tub facilities were fine, clean and has a shower etc. You have to uncover/cover the water but thats no big deal.

We had a wonderful sleep, the beds were very comfortable and no bedbugs.

It wasn't until check out that i had finally had enough with the rules. I went to the front desk to return the key, and the staff member promptly left to check the room out to see what condition I had left it in. Upon his return, he stated everything was fine and they would release my $150 deposit on the room between 2 to 5 business days!!! Except for my receipt for the credit card i used, there is nothing written anywhere that I even made a deposit much less the fact that they hold it for up to 5 days!!! Made me feel like a shady guest!!! I had to ask him to sign my room receipt with that detail to cover my butt.

Its a shame really that they treat their guests this way in light of all the poor comments associated with this hotel. If they hope to improve they need to lighten up and learn some good PR and customer relations. I can afford to wait for my deposit but not everyone can, and as this was only 2 days ago, its not returned yet.

I wouldn't reccommend this one, sorry

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2010

I've read the reviews and was really looking for a budget hotel. I took the dive and decided to stay 2 nights here with my hubby. I braced myself for the worst and was completely caught off guard.

It's got a great location, near Metrodown and close to downtown.

The staff was so pleasant, they treated us like newlyweds. We made it for breakfast and it was free. We reported our remote wasn't working but they fixed it.

It wasn't in the best shape, with the pipe renovation and all, but it seems like they are renovating for something new.

We're checking out today and are thinking of coming back!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amoundici
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Inexpensive Hotel in an Asian part of the city. Bathroom was old but clean, bed was comfortable. Decent inexpensive restaurants within walking distance. Wifi available.
This Hotel is a great value but do not expect anything more than the basics. Staff was very friendly, "continental breakfast" was mediocre at best.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business