“Convenient location, Friendly staff, Great value for money”
Review of Cassandra Hotel

Cassandra Hotel
Ranked #83 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The hotel is very close to Metrotown, a huge shopping malls. The atmosphere is very cozy and chic. The front desk service is helpful and staff is extremely accommodating. The room I stayed was a lot larger than I expected.

I would stay here again and recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Makio_1980
There are newer reviews for Cassandra Hotel

Reviewed 26 September 2010

Very nice hotel with trendy and comfortable room. Definitely qualified for higher star. Room has north shore mountain view. Duvet beddings r pretty comfortable. I will definitely come back again. Much better than I expected.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank Marymacana
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I read the reviews on this hotel before I travelled and they were'nt that good but still booked as it was the cheapest hotel I found for a solo traveller.
Good points I suppose is the location. It is a 10 minute walk to Joyce Sky train. The 19 bus which goes all the way to downtown and stanley Park stops just outside the hotel. There is a Safeway just 10 minutes up the road and a good Indian Restaurant that I tried a couple times. The area does feel safe. The staff are friendly. The room was basic and clean. Bad points are, the front office carpet does smell and needs a good clean. The rate includes breakfast which I never had once. Apparently you are supposed to ask for it at the front desk , pick up a pastry and a coffee on your way out ! I kept on forgetting ! I would recomment this hotel for solo travellers on a tight budget .

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank Mukuma
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I have pretty good impression of my stay in this small but cute hotel. Location is perfect for a shopaholic like me. So close to Metrotown and close to Downtown as well. I almost went shopping every day with my friend since its convenience. I will definitely be back next time. Hotel staff are really cool and pretty. They are so helpful on providing personal advice on the restaurants to go, events to go in Vancouver. I also get the best discount from booking from their facebook. Their staff used Ipad and ipod touch to show me different info I need. I guess no any hotel has such techy staff like this hotel does. The tech is almost everywhere. However, if it can be applied into their rooms, will be cooler.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank c_ctravel_world
Reviewed 10 August 2010

This is my second trip to the hotel in the past year. I really enjoy coming to this location as I do my groceries and cook in my hotel room. We arrived early and they let us leave our bags so we could go out and eat lunch and come back for check-in.

The staff are wonderful, always helping me out when I need it.

The vending machine needs an upgrade as it spits out my coins but that's ok.

Don't expect much from a budget hotel breakfast. It's free and I love anything that's free.

Overall, I've read reviews about complaints. Have u tried talking about it to the staff? I told them my tv wasn't working and they replaced it right away!

I would recommend this to my budget concious friends who want a decent and friendly place to stay.

2  Thank HappyAdventures098
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We recently stayed at the Cassandra Hotel and it was the dirtiest hotel we have ever stayed in.Tthe price for the pet was $50 canadian for a dog over 20lbs. which for the quality was over the top. We would not recommend this hotel to any traveler, I would say stay at a little more expensive place for the cleanliness and make it a better experience overall.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kellymu
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I booked this hotel before checking the reviews so I was alittle worried. I had also got the best rate with a no cancellation no refund policy. I had read afterwards that it was full of bedbugs and shady guests, but after paying $126 that would not be returned, i hoped for the best. I did NOT have any issues with those, but i left there feeling like I was the problem, as they ask for a deposit of $150 as well as the payment for the room upfront.

We checked in after 2pm as they charge you if you're earlier, and found a really nice clean room, however for the 4 of us, there were only 2 large towels and 2 hand towels. no facecloths, so we had to ask the front desk for more. There is absolutely no info in the room regarding the hotel ammenities, nearby restaurants, etc. You have to go down to the lobby. They charge extra for internet access.

They only gave us one card key, which took at least 7 swipes to open any doors. The secure underground parking was tight with our truck, and in order to leave, you have to drive forward and back a few times over the cord to activate the door. In order to use the sauna and hot tub, you have to get a key from the front desk. They only had 3 keys, so we had to get let in by the front staff as all the keys were signed out at the time. The hot tub facilities were fine, clean and has a shower etc. You have to uncover/cover the water but thats no big deal.

We had a wonderful sleep, the beds were very comfortable and no bedbugs.

It wasn't until check out that i had finally had enough with the rules. I went to the front desk to return the key, and the staff member promptly left to check the room out to see what condition I had left it in. Upon his return, he stated everything was fine and they would release my $150 deposit on the room between 2 to 5 business days!!! Except for my receipt for the credit card i used, there is nothing written anywhere that I even made a deposit much less the fact that they hold it for up to 5 days!!! Made me feel like a shady guest!!! I had to ask him to sign my room receipt with that detail to cover my butt.

Its a shame really that they treat their guests this way in light of all the poor comments associated with this hotel. If they hope to improve they need to lighten up and learn some good PR and customer relations. I can afford to wait for my deposit but not everyone can, and as this was only 2 days ago, its not returned yet.

I wouldn't reccommend this one, sorry

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family