I use TripAdvisor for selecting hotels so I felt compelled to review the Chateau Granville where we recently stayed for 6 nights. We have no complaints about this hotel. The beds were extremely comfortable (which is a huge pet peeve for us); the food at the adjoining restaurant was great; the room was very clean; and we loved having a suite. However, what really made the hotel was the staff. They were all so accommodating and once we decided to see the City on our own, they helped us with bus and SkyTrain routes and where to buy all day passes. We also leaned on them for restaurant recommendations and they never failed us – we had no bad food while in Vancouver. I had read on TripAdvisor that the hotel was noisy during the night. I, therefore, asked for a quiet room and we were in the back of the hotel on the 8th floor. We had no problem whatsoever with noise. As to the street people and the “X-rated” stores, there is only one X-rated store near the hotel!! We saw a few people living on the street, but we ignored them and none of them bothered us. We felt very comfortable and safe walking in the area of the hotel whether day or night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites & Conference Centre has 118 spacious suites. Each suite comes with a private balcony where guests can enjoy the views of Vancouver's enchanting city lights. Guests also enjoy free Wi-Fi and a wide selection of digital and HD channels. You will have the pleasure of enjoying our onsite state-of-the -art fitness centre during your stay with us. The hotel has recently undergone several upgrades in all bedrooms. We are constantly upgrading the amenities we offer to our guests, as we continue to extend excellent hospitality! The Hotel conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, puts guests' moments away from the city's best neighbourhoods including the trendy Yaletown district and the famous shopping on Robson Street. Located only 3 blocks from the Canada Line Subway system, it provides a quick, direct access to Vancouver's International Airport. Our conference centre has 5,500 square feet of state-of-the-art function space and 4 exceptional meeting rooms with audio visual, natural daylight and complimentary Wi-Fi. We work to reduce the emission of carbon by making environmental initiatives throughout the hotel every day! Being green has become a part of our key values. Our participation in various green programs has helped us to limit the impact on the environment. The Edge Social Grille & Lounge, adjoining the hotel offers a great variety of dining options from which to choose. Its luxurious ambiance is perfect for your next gathering and offers a refreshing environment to fit any frame of mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ctrip TA, Hotelopia, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Chateau Granville Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Chateau Granville Hotel Vancouver
- Best Western Hotel Vancouver
- Best Western Vancouver
- Vancouver Best Western