Blue Horizon Hotel
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$345
Agoda.com
US$487
Delta Hotels
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$286
Opus Hotel
US$441
US$428
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$422
US$380
Travelocity
2,713 results
All reviewsrobson streetabode restaurantstanley parkgreat locationcorner roomtwo sidesdowntown vancouversuperior roomcapilano suspension bridgesmall balconyhuge roomthe upper floorshigher floortwo queen bedswithin walking distancehop on hop off busrestaurant downstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I recently had the extreme pleasure of spending one week at this hotel for a very busy business trip. When you arrive at this hotel you will be greeted by smiling front-desk staff. The front-desk manager Paul is such a caring man, it is so evident he genuinely loves his work and is so suited to his chosen profession. An amazing group of people are working for the Blue Horizon Hotel! I was very early arriving due to my flight time, and they not only stored my bags, but moved my check in time up without hesitation. I had chosen the location of this hotel due to it's close proximity to first-class shopping, restaurants, grocery, entertainment...and most importantly for my stay the convention centre at the waterfront was a short walk....Traveling for business or pleasure, I prefer a location in an area such as this versus staying at a convention centre hotel, because a city centre location offers the city at your doorstep without the need for a car. When I checked into my room, I was absolutely stunned...It was on the 20th floor facing the harbour and I have no words to describe how beautiful the view was...the sun coming up in the morning, and the sun setting at night...just breathtaking. The amount of windows in my room and the walkout balcony made this room one that I actually hated leaving everyday!! Not to mention I was genuinely saddened leaving the hotel when my week was complete. The food and beverage staff are equally as fantastic as the front-desk staff. They are friendly, caring, prompt and efficient. I have absolutely nothing to complain about regarding the restaurant, and I am really a tough critic. The food that I ordered was terrific and the location of the restaurant offers inside and outside (patio) dining and a great feel for Robson Street and the entire Vancouver experience. I cannot comment too much from first-hand experience regarding the housekeeping staff as I try to conserve environmental resources particularly during hotel stays. So I did not use the housekeeping services at all during my stay other than to request a couple of supplies, which were delivered very promptly by another smiling staff member. I cannot wait to return to the Blue Horizon Hotel, and next time I am hoping it will be a pleasure only trip so that I can have the opportunity to experience all that Vancouver and this amazing hotel has to offer.

Room Tip: A room or suite on a higher floor will offer you amazing views.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Wonderful hotel, great location, good value and friendly service. Free shuttle in front to Capilano Suspension Bridge. The room was very spacious but the bathroom was small (although bigger than many places we've stayed).

Negatives
Not enough lighting (ceiling).
Parking is an additional charge ($16/day) in a small lot with tight spaces.

Suggestions
Need curved shower rods.
A throw blanket for sitting in the chair.

If we were ever to return to Vancouver, we would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank usakiwimom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Located in the centre of the main commercial street in Vancouver, the Blue Horizon is convenient to many attractions. An avid walker, I enjoy the easy access to the waterside and Stanley Park. The hotel has rather small elevators and narrow corridors, but more than makes up for that with the spacious rooms. I've stayed there several times and every room I've been in has nice views, including balconies. The rooms are nicely furnished and kept very clean.

Meeting rooms on the top floor have spectacular views and are well equipped, though the last one we used never got warm on an early spring day, even though we had pushed the thermostat up as high as it would go,

Staff are very responsive to any request for help I've ever made. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank LeRuse
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I found this hotel and my family was delighted! The room was spacious with two comfortable queen beds, Keurig coffee maker and mini fridge. It was very clean and comfortable. I couldn't believe how affordable this beautiful hotel was! It was a better deal than hotels in Washington during our spring break, which worked out great because restaurants are a bit pricier in Vancouver. We were right on Robson street and enjoyed walking up and down the street anytime of day. There was an abundance of great restaurants and shopping right around the hotel. It was hustle/bustle, but we felt perfectly safe and comfortable. Everyone is so polite and nice! Park your car in the hotel's parking garage and walk! It was great.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor, included a balcony! What a view of the city! Very quiet room and quiet a/c. We slept longer than we should have!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank HoneyBubbas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked this hotel for my recent trip on the basis of all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. I'm usually skeptical of a place (hotel/restaurant/etc.) that gets tons of positive reviews, but not in this case.

Excellent location: I didn't have a car, so 'walkability' was key for me. It's on Robson Street, which is the main downtown drag. Tons of shops, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, drugstore, etc. all up and down the street, right outside the hotel doors. I was able to walk to all the major sights that I wanted to see -- Gastown, Chinatown, Vancouver Art Museum, Coal Harbor, Stanley Park. The free shuttle to Capilano Suspension Bridge stopped right at the hotel. *HINT: I bought tickets for the Bridge online and printed it out ahead of time. If you wait to buy at the Bridge, you have to stand in line with all the people on the bus with you. Link: http://www.capbridge.com/. I took the earliest shuttle (910am) and it was pretty packed.

Huge rooms: I booked a room with a queen-size bed online ($103 per night) and was upgraded to a room with 2 queens for free when I checked in. It was a corner room on the 4th floor, facing the street, with a balcony. I was concerned about street noise, but I couldn't hear a peep. The room was huge, with a desk, Keurig coffeemaker, dresser, big closet with tons of space. Beds were comfy, with lots of pillows. The A/C fan is a wee bit loud (but not out of character for a hotel); but I prefer to have that "white noise" to help me sleep. There was, however, a note on the air vent that said there was no heat available, (?) even though there was a "heat" option on the wall unit. I didn't test it out, since it was warm/sunny during my stay, but for a place that gets pretty cold weather, that seemed odd. *NOTE: The bathroom was disproportionately tiny compared to the room. As a previous reviewer mentioned, you could sit on the toilet, lean on the counter and turn on the shower all at the same time. Not a dealbreaker, but just something worth mentioning.

Abode Restaurant: I had breakfast and dinner at the in-house restaurant. A wee bit pricey ($11 for the two egg/bacon/toast/potatoes breakfast), but good quality. Coffee, lattes, juice, etc. I got a $5 off voucher for dinner at check-in, which was nice. There are tons of restaurants nearby, but the convenience of eating in was a nice option.

Staff: Everyone -- front desk, restaurant staff -- were all very polite and helpful. They have maps of town, but you have to ask; they don't just hand them out and they're not sitting out on the counter. They also have free same-day luggage storage, which was helpful since my flight didn't leave until later in the day. Taxis are easy to find outside, and there's also a bus stop just outside the hotel doors.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room. Two of the non-corner rooms (at least on my floor -- the 4th) were directly across from the elevator doors (3 elevators). I could stand in the door of the elevator and reach out and touch the room door. The elevators were fairly quiet, but I could imagine that it could get loud, with people coming and going.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo