I arrived early - way earlier than the 3 PM check in time, and the hotel was able to accommodate me right away, with a smile. I had a superior queen room - those are the ones on the higher levels. The room was huge and had lots of windows, as well as a balcony, and was very nicely appointed. I was a bit concerned because it was right next to the service elevator, but I never heard a thing. The only two issues I had with the room, which is why this is getting 4 stars instead of 5, were:
1. The bathroom was tiny, and the bathroom door opened inward, so there was a bit of contortion to get into the bathroom and close the door;
2. The air conditioning was loud and the way it is placed, it blows right across the top of the bed, so you constantly have cold air on your head while in bed. I 'solved' that by getting the room very cold before going to bed, then turning it off altogether, or, the next night, creating a barrier from
the unused pillows.
the bed was very comfortable (though with a bit of hard lip, but once in, I slept like a baby).
Other than those two issues, the hotel was perfect. Service was very friendly, you just can't beat the location, and the price was reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Blue Horizon is located in the center of Robson Street, the pulse of Vancouver. Experience the heartbeat of Robson Street's culture with its premier shopping, celebrated eateries and great cafes. Walk to Stanley Park, go around the Sea wall, stroll to English Bay or amble up and down Robson Street taking in all the restaurants and shops. You will love our convenient access to BC Place, Rogers arena, Gas town, Chinatown, Yaletown, Davie village, Convention center and the Cruise terminal. Taxis and transit is right out our front door. Comfort and convenience is at your doorstep. Our welcoming and spacious rooms are all corner rooms with balconies, many featuring million dollar views of English Bay, Stanley Park, the North Shore mountains and the city of Vancouver. The rooms are fresh and modern, with bold colors and sleek lines. Adding to your comfort, some of our amenities include free Wi-Fi, Keurig coffee makers, kettle, large in- room safe, IPod docking station, cozy bath robes and much more. Our 31st floor banquet and meeting facilities have the same million dollar views. Enjoy dining in our ABODE Restaurant that offers fresh local cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our ABODE Restaurant is partnered with the Vancouver Aquarium's Ocean Wise conservation program which makes it easy for you to make sustainable seafood choices that ensure the health of our oceans for generations to come. Our summer sidewalk patio is a great place to relax and enjoy people watching on Robson. A relaxing dip in our indoor lap pool, a water massage in the Jacuzzi or a rejuvenating sauna can give you that start in the morning or wind down at the end of the day. The Blue Horizon cares about the environment and are proud to be awarded a 4 green key eco-rating by the Hotel association of Canada. This rating is awarded to a hotel for its sustainable practices such as energy conservation, water conservation, solid waste management, environmental management and much more. Welcome to your relaxing haven at the Blue Horizon with our heartfelt smiles and genuine hospitality. Welcome to your Vancouver home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Blue Horizon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Horizon Hotel Vancouver
- Blue Horizon Vancouver