Blue Horizon Hotel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,712 results
All reviewsrobson streetabode restaurantstanley parkgreat locationcorner roomtwo sidesdowntown vancouversuperior roomcapilano suspension bridgesmall balconyhuge roomthe upper floorshigher floortwo queen bedswithin walking distancehop on hop off busrestaurant downstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2010

Accomodating staff, CLEAN, very comfortable beds, plenty of room, SUPER shower w/massage adjustment, location awesome, I wanted to leave the TV off to hear the city sounds. Huge windows on two sides of the corner room(EVERY ROOM) with decent-sized balcony. Parking is $14 in small lot under bldg. Very close to Stanley Park, Olympic Torch Site, and harbors. Beautiful area.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Rextrent
Reviewed 3 March 2010

Spent 3 nights here on my final leg of a month long Cross Canadian trip, Picked it due to the reviews and the location, Took the Airport shuttle from YVR which drops you at Palisades which is literally within a blocks walk, Got into reception and "Randy" checked me in, At first he was polite and pleasant until i used my Visa Card, Unbeknownst to me my bank had put a hold on my card the previous day as i'd been to a store in Montreal, used the card and they had fradulently changed the amount into something quite substantial!

Anyway the card declined and his attitude changed to rude, i'm freaking out thinking where has all my funds gone and he suggests i try the ATM next door,???? Good thinking since my card wasnt working! Luckily i had enough cash on me to pay for one night! So i did that and told them i would call my bank and sort out the other 2 nights once i knew what was going on, They then took my passport to copy it, made me pay a $100 fee as a "Deposit" for the room and truth be told i felt like a criminal!

I realise they have to protect themselves and make sure rooms are paid for etc but i am not the kind of guy who would ever contemplate leaving without first settling the bill and whilst i realise my bank situation had nothing to do with them i felt they handled it a little poorly and could have been a little more sympathetic.

He issued me a room on the 17th floor, The room was clean, Had a blue feature wall, bed was comfortable and i had a beautiful view of the mountains and ocean, The balcony was dirty and littered with cigarette butts, I immediately went back down to report the balcony as they clearly state there are fines for smoking on balconies and i didnt want a charge going onto my bill for something someone else had done, Also gave me an indication on how well they clean things.

The bathroom was average, Had a wall dispenser with shampoo/shower gel, and a little body lotion.

Finally got onto family who wired me money, and my bank who by then had explained the situation so i knew what was going on, Once the money had been transferred i went down and immediately paid the other 2 nights,

Didnt really use the facilities for the rest of my stay, They had a small gym and pool, When i was checking out the girl asked me if i could wait whilst they checked my room, never had to do that in any other hotel including 5 star that i have stayed in,

Vancouver is a fantastic city with very friendly people, Unfortunately the staff are clearly not from vancouver! I will never stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Harvsman
Reviewed 2 March 2010

It is a long time since I stayed at the Blue Horizon and I cannot say enough nice things about it. Everything was perfect except for one thing which hopefully may have been corrected.
Our room was on the 17th floor facing on Robson St. with fantastic views of the city, water,
and mountains. However, motorcycles apparently with no mufflers were racing up and down
Robson St. all night. Our room had single pane windows and no blackout drapes, so I did not
sleep very much at least the first night. When I filled out a comment card at checkout, I suggested double pane windows and blackout drapes to deaden some of this excessive
noise. Hopefully, in the years since I stayed there, management has added these, but if
anyone else is as annoyed by motorcycle noise as I am, you should ask if these improve-
ments have been made. Other than this one problem, you cannot find a better value or a better hotel in the city.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lovetostayeat
Reviewed 7 January 2010

On a recent stay in Vancouver we chose to stay at the Blue Horizon. we loved it! We were given a great room on the 25th floor looking down on busy Robson st - amazing views of the mountains also.

Great central location, the staff were great at providing direction and maps etc.

We ate breakfast one morning in the hotel cafe and it was very nice.

Overall, loved the massive rooms and the view and I would return

And the pool/spa were great ..!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank emdavis
Reviewed 23 November 2009

Pre and post cruise stay. Nothing to complain about; clean, easy to find, good location, accessible, okay restaurant. In a city just full of nice hotels and good dining, it's just another one of the herd. Perfect for our purposes and easy walking everywhere. Maybe it was a tad expensive for what they had to offer, but quite adequate and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple