Patricia Hotel
US$497
St. Regis Hotel(Vancouver)
US$482
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$407
Travelocity
US$360
  • Restaurant
All reviewspat's pubeast hastingslive jazzyogurtgas townhotel is greatfew blocksdowntown areanoorchinatownpatsbc
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My friend and some coworkers stayed here after the 2010 Olympics, and she recommended it to us if we were heading downtown for a late night, looking for a cheap place to stay. Everyone complains about the neighbourhood, but it's really on the edge of the Downtown eastside, and nobody heckles you or bothers you. Just be sensible and don't go wandering around at 2AM and you will be fine. The hotel is great because of the AMAZING cheap price plus the PROXIMITY to the rest of downtown. It's only 5 mins to Burrard/Robson (via car). In December 2012, my boyfriend and I decided to stay a night here, as we were attending a late VSO concert, and a movie, both off of Burrard, and didn't want to drive back to the Lower Mainland so late. The front desk was polite and professional, and the room was clean and comfortable with a typical, but great bed. I loved the old bathroom. The sink and mirror were in the room, which was strange but fine. There were old hot water pipes exposed in the bedroom, which made it full of character but also hot to the touch! The only complaint I had was that the hotel room door was paper thin, and there were people across the hall fighting and coming and going until 3AM. We paid $45/night, and booked through Tripadvisor on Hotels.com, and everything worked out. You just can't beat that price for an amazing late night in downtown Vancouver when you're spending loads of money on other expenses!!! Yes the hotel is old, but it is clean, and if you are comfortable being in an area that is considered by many to be 'unsavory', then you will love it! :)

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the back of the building, opposite East Hastings, which can get noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2013

moral of the story never let any one else book a hotel for you.
worst area in the whole of Canada and it's right in the middle of it.
prostitution drugsband what not.
hotel rooms are smelly unclean snd and small. no service at all.
scary place.
Please save yourself and do not stay here .... EVER.

• Stayed: December 2012
Daryl N, General Manager at Patricia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Kingjkhan,

Although it is purely speculation on my part, I suspect whomever booked your room for you at the Patricia Hotel did so as a result of our unbeatable prices, proximity to many of the cities attractions and the many positive reviews that we have on sites like this one. As many of the reviews state, the various church groups and social services in our neighbourhood do cater to those in need, but those people never pose a threat or even an inconvenience to our guests.

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be small. It is true, our Budget and Basic Rooms are reflective of the era in which the hotel was built (1913) and as such, they tend to appeal more to backpackers and those accustomed to budget travel. If history dictates anything, I am sure our reception staff would have been happy to assist you with a more spacious room had they been given the opportunity. However, judging by your comment about our lack of service, it seems as though there may have been an issue on the particular day of your visit that I am unaware of. As such, I kindly ask that you take a moment to contact us directly at the hotel. Staff at the Patricia Hotel have become particularly well known and continuously recognized for their excemplary service. As such, I kindly request your assistance in identifying the particular problem you had and with whom so that I may address it immediately. We are committed to providing service that is second to none so I would greatly appreciate your assistance in rectifying any shortcomings that we may have.

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

the hotel staff are very friendly and very patient and helpful. I an visiting scholar to SFU. Since it is my first trip to Canada, i have many questions to ask them including trafic, neighbourhood, the shopping center. They are always ready to answer and help. I only konw two

There is a man in frontdesk, whose name is Noor Din. I find lots of guests asked him the same question as mine,"Are you the boss?" . He is always busy, answering guests' question, guiding them on the map on the desk and helping with luggages...I think his sense of responsibilty and friendly attitude tells us this hotel is his business. My button fell off, and he gave his own needle to fix it .He let me feel a kind of "home away from home" although the neighbourhood is not so desiralbe since there are many homeless people there. But inside hotel, you feel safe. comfortale due to their excellent service.

Iam also very grateful to a young man called rysh ? or ? he has broad forehead, not tall but strong. I can't remeber clear since I got to know his name through My Noor Din. i could not drink the cold water and he gave me a kettle; He helped with letting go the noisy people who loud talk woke me up during the midnight. I don't think it is easy since it is individualism culture. Most important, I never say him showed any bit of impatience at all during my stay there. He looks very cheeful and happy, making guests feel a kind of sunshine at sight of him.

There is an senior but beautiful and very friendly lady I think she is work on housekeeping. she is a white woman. She is very nice. All the housekeepers are nice. They are indians.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2013

If you are on budget then you will be thankful for a place like this. After looking at hotel and hostel options, this was decidedly the best budget deal for my husband and I. This building is probably 100 years old and so you must take some of the 'deficiencies' as 'charm.' The location, as other reviewers may have mentioned, can seem a little sketchy. However, you are just a few blocks from Chinatown & Gastown by foot and Stanley Park is just a bus or bike ride away. Parking is $6/night on the lot next door (that's the price for 2 hours parking downtown). We stayed in the budget room which was very small and basic. We found the room to be sufficient and clean but probably not somewhere you would want to spend loads of time. Wifi did not seem to reach us on the 5th floor. The lobby however is spacious and a great place to hangout, read, get on your computer etc. I can't find fault with the service. People were exceedingly nice and professional. If its your first time in Vancouver and you are staying here, I would be sure to spend time exploring the waterfront and other spiffier sides of Vancouver otherwise your view of Vancouver might be a little lopsided. If you are on a budget and want to be downtown than this is the place to be!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sumdims
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Never seen a place like Hasting Street, close to downtown but surrounded of drug addicts, prostitute and beggars outside the hotel, so disgusting environment not safe for tourist just beware, looks nice in the photos but very deceiving, I know it's cheap like super 6 motel, but the outside of the hotel is too dangerous for a visitors especially who are not familiar in Hasting Street, we cannot forget the experience we seen when we visited Vancouver, we did look for cheap accommodation but not didn't expect like Patricia Hotel, too late when we read the reviews

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank marylou994

Dear MaryLou994,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have a chance to read reviews of our hotel on TripAdvisor before your stay. Had you done so I think you would have benefited from all of the valuable, unbiased information that other travelers have kindly shared. You also would have read that although our neighbourhood isn't the prettiest, it poses no danger to guests of the hotel. Rather than being 'not safe' or 'too dangerous' as you have speculated, the overwhelming majority of reviewers have indicated that they never felt unsafe here. As such, I am confident that, had you given us a chance, you would have experienced no dificultly outside the hotel and would have been pleasantly surprised by the exceptional service that we are well known for providing inside the hotel.

Nonetheless, I thank you for sharing and sincerely hope that enjoyed your stay elsewhere.