“so funky”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“so funky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013

I booked a queen room for myself while attending a conference. I paid about $90 which is excellent price for downtown. I looked out onto palm trees! How cool is that?? The bathrooms were spotless and even had chap stick! The bed was super comfy and there was a cool looking coffee machine (didn't use as I don't drink coffee but the water was great). The room was nice and quiet and I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel for a nice weekend stay in Vancouver. Relatively close to downtown and they rent you free bikes if you want to!

Close to 'bar an club' street for the party enthusiasts.

Plus: good location, clean rooms, nespresso in room, free bike rentals.

Could be better: small sink in the bathroom, parking charges if $40 per night could be improved!

Overall still nice hotel for the price!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank tleegstra
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

This is my fourth stay at The Burrard and I can safely say that this is the only place I will stay when we're in Vancouver. Love the newly remodeled rooms with lots of thick towels in the bathrooms, wonderfully comfortable beds and luxe-feeling bedding. The rooms are surprisingly soundproof for the downtown location and considering its age, and the face there is construction going on next door. I've never been disturbed by noise. The space is colourful and inviting and the inner tropical-esque courtyard that all rooms open on provides a restful view, and is a refreshing way to check in with the weather outside before you start your day.
The have covered parking, but walking to the skytrain or bus lines is not too far away if you're without a car. Front desk staff are friendly and acommodating, and the coffee makers in the rooms, have been graciously filled with water, which saves you a step in the groggy mornings.
One day I will actually use the bikes on offer. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank sheshe56
Fort St. John, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Second time we've stayed here; great staff, nice rooms, perfect location for shopping eating etc downtown. Right across from St Pauls and if you are visiting someone staying in the hospital you get a discount... highly recommended if you're with friends. Eco friendly... you can rent bikes to go and see Vancouver too.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Colly S
Sooke BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

Stayed one night for a concert, chose the Burrard because of multiple factors. Location was tops on my list but other factors made it an excellent choice. The price was awesome and included parking and breakfast, I hate parking in Vancouver so to be able to leave the car in a secure location was great. The location is perfect for being able to walk almost any where downtown and was close to all the unique little shops and restaurants we wanted to visit. The map we got was helpful too. The light breakfast we had was just what we needed, served up quickly allowing us to spend more time enjoying Vancouver. Front desk and all the staff are very friendly, the room was very clean although compact it was enough for us. We come from a small town and my experience there reminded me of the level of personal service I get at home. Would not consider staying else where, I was as happy at the Burrard as any expensive resort I have been too. The staff were just as good too!

Room Tip: Expect noise any where in Vancouver, ask and the front desk could direct you to a quieter room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Burrard for one night and I was incredibly impressed. Its a cute little retro hotel with lots of personality. It was so quiet, our room was a decent size and very clean, the location was perfect, (we were easily able to go anywhere by walking), and the perks are great! Complimentary umbrellas, bikes with locks and helmets and even a Steve Nash fitness centre pass, although we were not able to enjoy these due to our short stay! Service was pretty good, nothing incredible but for the price, we were very happy. Really relaxing stay. Only downside was the leaking espresso machine which we unfortunately couldn't use in the morning. Nonetheless, will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed January 2013
Bellingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

Take a look at whoever wrote the previous review for 12/30 because they were dead-on. It's all about location, location, location. My wife and I walked to Yaletown, Davie St, Robson, and Grandville all in one day. There are excellent restaurants and clubs all over. I really don't need to say much more, other than it's a great space, a great value and that we'll be back!

• Stayed December 2012