“Nice place”
Review of Moda Hotel

Moda Hotel
Ranked #59 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We wanted to stay in a place that was close to everything in Vancouver, and we usually stay in a place that has breakfast available in the morning. Though the room was small and kept the character of the 100 year old building, it was comfortable, nicely updated, and VERY clean! It had many of the things a new construction hotel would have including wifi, an electronic safe, flat screen tv, coffee, iron/board, and drier. There was also plent of lighting in the room which is sometimes hard to find in a hotel. The one thing I'd like to see more of is outlets. This is a very tech/business friendly hotel, but there were only 2 reachable outlets in our room (1 in the room and 1 in the bathroom). There were more behind the bed (I assume because the lamp cords went there), but not really available for use.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My boyfriend and I headed to Vancouver one night for a concert. I wanted a place to stay that was loated close to Rogers Arena (Where the concert was located) and was a decent price. While online I found this place and did some research on it. I booked for an amazing rice of 108$ for a night in a Deluxe King Suite!! I was very excited about the hotel because it looked so great in the web page. When we got there they let us check in early and we were not disappointed. the location was prime downtown and within about 11 blocks from the concert that night and a block away from the skytrain. The hotel was small with some great resturants and had a very homey feel. We went out to eat that night at the Red Card Sports Pub, a mistake being a Canuks game night, it was loud and crazy in there but the food was decent (esp. the portabello mushroom fires!) The only complaint was that our room was small for being considerded a "Deluxe Suite". , but clean and very modern and fun. No complaints from either of us, especially considering the price the room!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Thank you so much for chosing Moda Hotel during your stay in Vancouver. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to Moda Hotel in the future.

All the best!

The Moda Team

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Great location,great price my husband and I stayed during Grey Cup 2011..The location was great for all the venues and for the game. Shopping was walking distance for me as well. The staff was great the room was on the small size but we didn't spend much time in it . I agree with (Charmsy) afridge in the room would have been great. We would stay again for the location and the price..

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us during the festivities of Grey Cup! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

All the best,

Team Moda

Reviewed 13 December 2011

Charming and well located! I loved the quirks of the old building. My room was small, but so nicely furnished I can't complain. The price was FANTASTIC! I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Note: no fridge in room or pop machine available (it's been removed). These 2 changes would make it perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Vancouver. We are very happy that you enjoyed our friendly service, location and value.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Team Moda

Reviewed 11 December 2011

Definitely no real wow factor here but I enjoyed my stay at Moda. The hotel is really well located in the middle of downtown V.C and within easy walking distance of good places to eat and drink, loads of shopping, and the harbor. Staff were great too, genuinely friendly.

I didn't think much of the room though, whilst clean and comfortable, it seemed you are going to end up either a) facing a rather bleak inner courtyard and with a huge tower opposite and above that had rooms looking directly down and into yours room - or b) the rooms facing the very busy street. I had the cheapest room so I suppose you pay for what you get - but it was no frills.

The breakfast in their cafe which took about half an hour to come out after ordering and was fairly plain but not unpleasant. They also had an offer giving you a $10 voucher towards your morning meal which paid for most of it so certainly no complaints on the price.

So a good place to stay especially if you are short on time and not that bothered about extras with your room, and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Had a brief but great stay at the Moda - a great boutique hotel which was a refreshing change from the cookie cutter hotel chains. Great staff, nice breakfast, great coffee and central location - I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit to Vancouver. We are very happy that you enjoyed our friendly service, the hotel and our location. We hope to welcome you back next time you are in Vancouver.

Best regards,

Moda Hotel,

Reviewed 5 December 2011

The hotel is located in the heart of downtown at a convenient location near restaurants, bars, and shopping. Parking available at adjacent garage for reasonable hotel rate of $14/nt with in/out priveleges. Rooms are clean and modern, with free internet. The staff is also very welcoming and friendly. Overall, this is a place that I would recommend to others.