Moda Hotel
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$345
US$334
US$148
The Burrard(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$246
Agoda.com
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$286
Opus Hotel
US$441
US$428
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$422
US$380
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewscibored cardgreat locationseymour streetdowntown vancouverstreet noisean older buildingrooms are smalllight sleeperliquor storethird floorwalking distance to everythingwould stay here againfront desk staffcoffee machinecorner roomking room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Simple and somewhat small rooms but clean and well lit. Staff was very friendly and the parking is great. Well priced and a super location. Their restaurant is excellent and the sports bar attached has a fantastic selection of beers and HDTV's everywhere.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and your feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed our hotel, friendly service, restaurants and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Moda on your next visit.

With our warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed 2 nights at the Moda last week and was pleasantly surprised! Although the room (jr room) was on the smaller size, the bed was superbly comfortable. I had room 231 and for the price, I could not ask for more. There was some renos going on in the halls, but they kept it very clean and quiet. Staff was available when I arrived at 6am and my reservation was waiting. Both my check in and out were perfect. Great location, a block from Granville. Shopping, great restaurants and fun nightlife within walking distance. The Moda is my new go-to hotel when I visit Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 January 2013

My fiance and I were in Vancouver celebrating our engagement for one night and opted for the Moda Hotel. Our initial booking was the Deluxe Queen breakfast promo, which included a 20 dollar voucher towards the restaurant downstairs. Upon arrival, the staff (Miguel and Marie) were very friendly and attentive. Check in was very quick and our room was already available at noon when we arrived. However, upon entering the room, we were a bit disappointed. The view overlooked the algae covered roof of the building next door, the bed was hard and made of foam, the carpets and linens were old and worn. The bathroom was quite nice, but overall the room was tiny and dark and not at all what we expected. After phoning down to front desk and explaining our reason for stay and the situation, Marie kindly offered us a cheaper upgrade to the Moda master king suite down the hall. My god, what a difference! We felt as if we were in a completely different hotel. Far from the hostel-like feeling of the queen room, the king suite offered a large bathroom with soaker tub, separate shower, twin sinks and beautiful linens and lighting. There was also a large office space in the separate living room area and a very large flat screen tv. Bath robes and slippers were available in the large closets, and the bed was very new with beautiful pillows and crisp linens. The view overlooked the street but was not noisy at all. Marie kindly showed us to our room and adjusted the heating for us, and was extremely attentive to us during our stay. The location was ideal, right in the very heart of Vancouver, within walking distance of all the fine restaurants and entertainment venues the city has to offer. After a wonderful sleep, we headed down for breakfast and were happily greeted by the restaurant hostess. Our breakfast was small but wonderful (we were able to choose off the usual menu), with special care taken on our coffee and latte. Breakfast was offered in the same Italian restaurant which serves lunch and dinner, and was always packed while we were there. Our stay at the Moda hotel was certainly a positive and memorable one, and we would not hesitate to return next time we are in town. We will absolutely recommend this hotel to others. Just make sure you book one of the nicer rooms! As it is a lovely old heritage hotel, many upgrades can't be made so not every room can be as beautiful as the one we were lucky enough to have!

Room Tip: Room 227 :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2013

Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service, location and the suite. Despite of your initial disappointment, we are very happy that we were able to satisfy you. We are certainly discussing our shortcomings with our maintenance and housekeeping team to address these matters.

We thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back to Moda on your next trip to Vancouver!

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2013

Perfect location for rambling around Vancouver. Felt close to all amenities by it's centralised location. Really friendly staff, comfortable clean rooms and good food! Fantastic value for money and was the perfect hotel for my girlie few days in this great city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We recently spent 4 nights in Vancouver for a conference. The conference hotel was the Four Seasons and prices were outrageous. Since we weren't planning on sitting in a luxurious room our entire stay, we looked for somewhere more affordable.

We chose The Moda.

As it turns out, the conference is half way between the two hotels, so it wasn't less convenient, except The Four Seasons is closer to the train station.

The Moda is almost 3 blocks from the train station. This meant that we only had a short walk after taking the train in from the airport. Note: You'll have to buy a ticket from a machine that looks like an ATM outside the airport. There is a $5 charge for all tickets coming into the city from the airport plus 2 zones so it's $9.50/person. The machine takes canadian cash or debit/credit cards.) When you get off the train, you go up the escalator to the street, take a right, walk to the corner, take a right, and walk a couple of easy blocks to the hotel. I found the proximity to the train station very convenient as I have a lot of time to wander the city alone when we travel. I took the train to chinatown, the waterfront, and gastown, although this hotel is a healthy walk from those locations. It's also a healthy walk to the ferry that goes to Granville Island, or you could even walk across the bridge to Granville Island. This walk would be nice in good weather but a bit much in the rain.

The hotel is an older property, but it was obviously remodeled within the last 4 or 5 years. It's clean and well-decorated. The elevators are tiny, as is typical of most boutique hotels in old properties.

The rooms are very small but adequate. The bed was comfortable. We had a view of the street and an office supply store across the street. Not exciting but just fine. There was a tv in the room. They said that all calls made from the room, even international and long distance, were free because they are using some VOIP system. We didn't have any cause to use it though. The bathroom is small with no good place to put your toiletries but that is my biggest complaint. The water pressure was fine. The towels were fluffy. The maid service was friendly and efficient.

The decorators took the "mod" theme a little far, but that's ok. Just not so much my taste.

There is a wine store downstairs. We bought a bottle for the room. At first we thought it was over-priced but after looking around we realized that wine is much more expensive in Vancouver than we are used to. There is also a sports bar/restaurant and a high end restaurant downstairs. They were very expensive. We ate at some equally expensive restaurants while we were visiting but didn't try either of these. The menu just didn't appeal to us.

I recommend walking to The Elbow Room for a good breakfast. Cafe Crepe is just about 2 blocks away. Chocolate Strawberry Crepes for dessert. Yummy. Dinner at Bacchus Restaurant about 6 blocks away was amazing. There are 3 grocery stores within a couple of blocks and a 7-11 for snacks and other essentials. The Vancouver Gallery of Art is within walking distance and it's a great place to spend a few hours. There are also a lot of artist galleries on Granville Island worth checking out.

There is a computer and printer for guests to use and an ice machine. There are coffee makers in the room. The rooms don't have refrigerators and microwaves, which would have been very nice.

The walls/floors in the hotel are very thin. We could hear people walking around above us and in the next room. This wasn't a problem as nobody was up making noise at unreasonable hours but I could see it posing a problem if you got stuck next to a noisy neighbor.

I found the hotel to be conveniently located, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. On a Sunday morning I realized that I had forgotten to change money and very few places were open on Sunday to do that. They helped me by changing my US money for Canadian money so I could get a train ticket to go exploring and buy some lunch.

I would definitely stay here again if I needed a conveniently located, affordable hotel in Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
ModaHotel, General Manager at Moda Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2013

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with other travelers here and also for staying at Moda during your visit in Vancouver. We are so glad that you enjoyed our location and our friendly service. We are very happy that you left with good memories and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Best regards,