“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

It was surprising to see negative comments about this hotel. When my car pulled into the drive way. The door staff was very friendly and welcomed me to the hotel. They help me unload and provide me with directions for parking and check-in. At Check-in the Front Desk Staff are very approachable and helped me to make this trip perfect. I would recommend anyone coming to Vancouver to stay @ the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. Please keep up the great work.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Poor room lighting. Very difficult to see clothes in closet because of lack of lighting.
Room key was disabled the day before checkout.
Newspaper delivery to room was missed or wrong paper delivered.
Very poor quality TV in room. Small screen and very poor picture quality.

I expect better in a Hotel of this nature. I think that there are better downtown hotels in Vancouver

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

My wife and I stayed for one night and were fortunate to be Priceline customers to this fine hotel. I was initially concerned due to some of the comments from other Priceline customers. However, a quick email to the hotel to request our roon preference was met with immediate, accomodating assistance. The helpful professional attitude starts with the GM Steve McNally and filters down to the reception and valet service people. Kudos.

• Stayed March 2011
HRVancouverGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Dear RayBoey,

Thank you for reading my previous responses suggesting Priceline customers contact us regarding room preferences prior to arrival. I am glad you did so and had a most comfortable stay as a result. Traveling is much more enjoyable when there are no surprises and your phone call to our reservations office and follow up email with your request for a king bed allowed us to properly plan for your arrival as we would for our non-Priceline guests.

I hope we have the opportunity to see you again soon,

Chesterfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2011

We are loving our stay here at the Hyatt. Every person we have come in contact with has exceeded our expectations for service. The front desk concierge had information for us under our door before we even officially checked in, and the club level concierge is so sweet and friendly. We are glad we will be here longer to enjoy this hotel. I do wish internet were included though.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Dear Shaup,

Thank you for recognizing our team for their exceptional service during your stay. I know they will appreciate reading your kind words.

I am glad your family had the opportunity to visit beautiful Vancouver and hope you are able to see us again one day.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver after winning a bid on Priceline. Upon arriving, I was very impressed with the friendliness of the valet and front desk. During check-in, I was informed that the first room available was one with a queen sized sofa bed. My husband and I are mid-30s, not college kids. We’re not the sofa bed types. After refusing that, we were told the other option was a room with 2 full-sized beds. We were tired, hungry and ready to settle in, so we accepted that. The room was nicely appointed but the beds were tiny and uncomfortable and the room was 10 feet away from the elevators aka the priceline norm. Maybe we should have complained at that point, but we were ready to enjoy our vacay.

Pros:
Modern appointments
Great location
Friendly staff
Nice (small but free and modern) gym

Cons:
No free wi-fi! If your normal room rate is $200, give your guests some free wi-fi. $15.95 a day is ridiculous.
Parking. City parking is pricey – I expected that. Almost $50 a day? For Vancouver? C’mon.
Crappy toiletries with weird medicinal smells
Thin walls and squeaky beds

For the priceline price, I was happy. But I wouldn't pay retail price there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
HRVancouverGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
Dear redheadmary,

Thank you for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to hear that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you as it is through comments such as yours that we are able to improve future guest experiences. Please contact me directly at 604.639.4765 or at steve.mcnally@hyatt.com. I look forward to speaking with you.

Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

I found the Hyatt reception and service people friendly and efficient. The location was great, and the rooms seem recently updated. My main concern, and my reason for not returning to Hyatt in the future, is the outrageous charge for internet usage, at $15.95 per device per day, if two people have smartphones they want to use, and/or two computers, that amounts to an extra $60+ per day!! Needless to say, not pleased at all.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Dear cicbicicletta,

I appreciate your kind words regarding the hotel and our wonderful associates. I will be sharing your review with them. Your comment regarding the charge for Internet use per device has been raised a couple of times recently as people now travel with numerous gadgets requiring connectivity. We have asked our Internet provider to develop a system to allow an additional unit access without processing the additional charge. While they work on an automated solution, we are manually removing the charge for a second device from the guest’s bill at checkout.

Thank you for you feedback and I am glad we have addressed this issue for you and all our future guests.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2011

We were very pleased with this hotel right in the middle of downtown vancouver, close to everything. Rooms have received a tasteful update, beds are very comfortable, staff were pleasant. When in Vancouver again, I will likely return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
HRVancouverGM, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear g4480,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of the visit and we will look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Vancouver.

Best regards,