“A solid choice”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 June 2012

After coming from a small (4 room) B&B and a boutique hotel, the Hyatt Regency seemed like quite a bustling city, but it was a good choice overall. We had a room with a balcony and loved it, even though it was 50-55 degrees F and raining almost the whole time we were there. It's just a few blocks from the water and right in the heart of downtown. It's easy to get out of the city via Burrard St., which is great for those who have cars and want to see a bit more of Vancouver and the surrounding area. The best feature though, hands down, was the concierge. They were absolutely fantastic. We stopped by their desk quite frequently and they were always very knowledgeable and very friendly. The walls of the hotel could have been a bit thicker, but overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the downtown Vancouver area.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Stephanie C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear how helpful and friendly our concierge were, and that they were able to assist with your inquiries! I will be sure to pass on your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel during your next trip to Vancouver.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Write a ReviewReviews (3,846)

Reviewed 10 June 2012

A very modern, clean, well run hotel in a great location. Difficult to fault- except for the silly wi-fi charge. Tip, grab a coffee in Starbucks in the reception area and ask for their password.
Our room was a good size, spotless and with typical Canadian super comfortable beds.
The breakfasts were excellent, buffet style but with the option of having a freshly made omlette by a chef.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We have not stayed at a Hyatt in a long time and what a pleasant surprise. We are Gold members and upon checking in our room was upgraded to a suite. Wow! What a view,balcony, small kitchen, great king bed, and huge bathroom with a walk in shower. We would definitely stay here again. Since we are Gold members we also had access to the Concierge room which was absolutely fantastic with great food and service!!! Everyone on from this hotel was a pleasure to deal with.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Absolutely amazing deal on Priceline
Really nice redone high end modern with a view to die for. Cannot be beat for the price.
The restaurant, Mosaic, has a new chef who takes his job seriously and is very very good. Oscar was our waiter and made our evening perfect. Wonderful food and atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Modern hotel, rooms felt new, reasonable sized rooms and everything you could want in the room. They arranged me a different room on arrival as mine wasn't ready. Room service arrived within 15 mins of ordering. Couple of things I didn't like - I could hear the neighbours and the shower is in the bath (not separate) and is set in the ceiling, so it's near impossible to keep your hair dry, even if using a shower cap.

Otherwise, good workspace with plug points, hairdryer was reasonably efficient and the gym is okay. Conveniently located for downtown meetings - no need to take a cab. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We stayed 4 nights in a double queen room (19th floor) for vacation. Had a good view. Ultra-modern. Beds were very comfortable. I've stayed at Hyatt Place for business, so my expectation for the Regency was easily met. They have an awesome Sunday breakfast buffet (albeit $26), but well worth the price (eggs benedict, smoked salmon, fabulous omelette station). Enjoyed the ambiance in the bar area, with cozy vignettes for private talking. Staff was helpful and attentive. We did the Big Bus to tour the city (Hyatt is one of the stops making it very convenient). Streets away from area shopping. SkyTrain stations very close, so you really don't need a car. We went to Metrotown from Burrard Station (quick, easy ride). Must go to Urban Fare market. Great place to pick up foodie treats.

My only 2 complaints were it could have used more lighting near the mini-bar/full-length mirror area and no free internet. But overall, loved the location and will be staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine T

Dear Christine T,

Thank you for taking the time to review you stay with us! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us and had a chance to try out our delicious breakfast buffet in the Mosaic. I am especially thrilled that you found our staff to be helpful and attentive, and we will be certain to share your review with them. We look forward to your next trip to Vancouver!

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in May on business. My rate was a "business plan" which includes: full buffect breakfast for one, internet access for one computer, one bottle of water per day, one pressed shirt or blouse per day, local, 1-800 and long distance calls within Canada and the continental U.S.

Comments from the above package:
- When I checked in, there was no watter bottle in my room. I went to front desk to get my water. At that time, I was told that I would get another bottle water next day in my room. Next day, there was no water again and I needed to go to front desk to get a bottle water.
- I didn't know who to ask for pressed shirt, as there is no instructions on the paper I received. Therefore, I ironed my shirt by myself.

Overall comments:
- This was my 4th time staying this hotel on business. It's only few minutes walk to Robson Street.
- Ice machine is located only on the 4th floor. This was a bit inconvenient.
- Wall is thin. I could hear the next room talking clearly.
- Room is spacious and clean.

I would stay this hotel because of location and cleanliness of the room.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business