“Great from Start to Finish!”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Great from Start to Finish!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver and it was a great experience. Stayed there in 2001 and nice to see the renovation has given this property a nice modern facelift! Loved the lobby bar and meeting rooms spacious.

• Stayed November 2013
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Sue O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed the renovations that we have made since the last time you visited, and that you loved Grain Tasting Bar located on our lobby level. We look forward to welcoming you back again during your next trip to Vancouver.

Brandi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great room (standard) and impeccable service! We didn't arrive until close to midnight and the front desk staff helped us find something to eat by printing out a menu of a local place that was still delivering. We could have grabbed something at McDonald's or another burger place right across from the entrance but it was the last night of a UN conference for young people and those places were pretty crowded. The front desk kept apologizing but there really was nothing to apologize for as they were all very well behaved, there was just a lot of them. We stayed the weekend and had to leave about 5 am to catch our train and the concierge made sure we had a taxi out front waiting for us. We did not use the hotel restaurant so I cannot comment on that but the Starbuck's in the lobby was very convenient :-)
The only small issue was that the bathroom had a mildew smell but that would not stop me from staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gibsons, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt after an unexpected overnight in Vancouver. Room was fantastic, clean and comfortable. Lobby was under construction, but they have done a good job to minimize the impact. Staff were friendly and welcoming. Wasnt overwhelmed with service, but had a good night stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Vancouver
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I made a last minute decision to return to the Hyatt after previous accommodations fell through that left me high and dry. I would later find out that this would be a decision I wouldn't regret.
Having previously stayed, I knew what I would be getting into for the most part: nice rooms, cozy beds, large bathrooms, an outdoor pool & hot tub and just an overall nice facility.
What made my experience better than the last was my interactions with hotel staff. While I didn't have any issues with the staff during my last stay, they were even more welcoming and friendly than before. This made my experience much more enjoyable, especially after having to frantically find a place to stay at 9:30pm with plans for the evening drawing near.

My one and only complaint (which I find to not be uncommon in most hotels) is that the hot tub was really dirty. This is recognizable by the amount of frothy bubbles that the jets produce when dead skin/dirt are present. I understand that patrons are partially to blame as a pre-shower would help this case but unfortunately, this time around was one of the dirtier hot tubs I had ever seen.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kait h
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear kait h,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you coming back to our hotel and I am happy to hear that your recent stay was even better than the last one. It is wonderful to hear that our staff helped to make your visit more enjoyable and that they were all very welcoming and friendly. I would like to apologize about your experience with our hot tub and I have shared your feedback with our engineering team. We look forward to being able to welcome you back again soon.

Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a 4 nights for a conference. The facilities are fantastic for large conferences requiring multiple meeting rooms. The meals and refreshments were always fresh and plentiful. All the staff from conference staff to housekeeping were pleasant and efficient keeping the conference area tidy without being noticed. I used the web check in and out which was efficient. I loved the elevators. Never had to wait very long even though the hotel was quite busy with multiple conferences. Location can't be beat being 2 blocks from Robson St, Pacific Centre, Canada Line , Art Gallery and walking distance to other Vancouver attractions.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Calgary
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I flew into Vancouver for the weekend without really knowing my immediate surroundings and I required a rental car first thing the next morning. I randomly emailed a Hyatt contact listed on my priceline itinerary and she forwarded my message to the Hyatt concierge (that evening). The next day I had an email from the concierge (Lorri Jensen) informing me that she had price-compared a couple of nearby rental agencies, secured a booking for the cheaper location and that I was ready to go for 730AM the morning after my arrival which is when the Thrifty's opened.

Upon my arrival I followed up with the on-duty concierge, Vanessa, who picked up right where Lorri left off, confirming my rental reservation and booking me a haircut in the adjacent mall as I had an hour to kill prior to my dinner reservation.

Great experience.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Taylor B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay. I am very happy that both Lorri and Vanessa were able to assist you with making your rental car arrangements, as well as recommending a place for a haircut and booking the appointment. I will certainly share your kind words with both of them. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Everyone @ this hotel made us feel like we were coming home! Fantastic service with smiles all around! I don't know what they feed there staff but everyone that we spoke to seemed to love what they were doing! We can't wait to return!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family