“Great business hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Great business hotel”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in Vancouver on business. The location was ideal. Lots within easy walking distance including great restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. Stay on the 14th floor and had a balcony with a lovely view of the waterfront and downtown. Wifi connection was easy and consistent which facilitated the ease of the trip. I suppose they cater to business travellers, but they do this very well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (610)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. I came here about 4 years ago but this time I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The location is great. We spent 5 days in Vancouver without renting a car; the skytrain station is just a minute away and the hotel is surrounded by excellent restaurants. The only improvement I would suggest is their registration desk. Although the staff are great, I believe they are understaffed as the wait time to check in and out seems longer than what I have experienced in other hotels.

2 Thank BearMommy
Ontario
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for business and I extended my stay for the weekend. The hotel is modern and very clean. The rooms on the higher floors have great views, the location is very convenient. Although I requested originally a room with a king size bed nothing was available when I arrived. Therefore after waiting for few hours in the lobby I ended up accepting a room with 2 double beds. I was offered to change the room, which I did after few days and my luggage was transferred by the staff to my new room. The staff was helpful, especially the jolly staff (particularly Steven, the "happy guy"), always cheerful, friendly and smiling from the Starbucks coffee on the first floor - great to see them all for a fresh start each morning.

Room Tip: I stayed at the hotel for business, then I continued to stay for few days for an extended weekend. A...
1 Thank Ina_31
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Ina_31,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and that you found all of our staff to be helpful! I will be certain to also pass along your kind words to Steven! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards
Toronto
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have visited Vancouver many times and always given the downtown Hyatt Regency a miss.
Stayed this week and was pleasantly surprised. It wad the best hotel experience I've had in years. Friendly staff. Modern. Efficient and comfortable. My room was spacious with lots of outlets for charging devices. (Beats crawling on the floor under beds looking for electrical outlets.)

1 Thank TorontoMcKenzie
Dear TorontoMcKenzie,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. I am happy to hear that during this visit to Vancouver you decided to try our hotel, and that you were "pleasantly surprised" with your stay! It is great to hear that it was the best experience that you've had in hotels in years, and we hope that we can be your preferred hotel during your future trips to the city.

Warm Regards,
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location with reasonable pricing for a large city. Room was spacious and clean with a refrigerator and two queen beds; it also had a pretty view of the city. It's an easy walk to amenities and plenty of sight seeing. While there is not a complimentary breakfast, there are several reasonable breakfast options and grocery shops. I also enjoyed the adjacent spa as well as the pool and hot tub. Be sure to walk a few blocks down Burrard and see the magnificent architecture of the Marine Building.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank astyanax66
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We booked thru a third part provider (hrs.com) a room with some extras. As we arrived we were asked all about those pre mentioned options again, unfortunately not in a very helpful way.
We had to insist and the guest service manager took care about us as it should be for a hotel like Hyatt.
But: a tee kettle, bath robe, bath sleepers and free WiFi should be normally available from beginning, shouldn't they? I think so for a room rate of $390.00/day
Positive: located in the middle of downtown, but way off overrated. As well the hotel room needed a to be "refreshed"

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eoleon Z
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at many hotels around the world at various price points. This was one of the best stays I've experienced. The hotel was immaculately kept, staff were pleasant, helpful and informative. The bell man offered to manufacture a handle on a box I had purchased so it was easier to carry. I even had a yoga mat and garment steamer delivered to my room at no extra charge. This thoughtfulness and above-and-beyond service is what convinces me to come back.

Business trip
Stayed 7 nights

1 Thank Jellow15
Dear Jellow15,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It is great to hear that your stay with us is one of the "best stays that you've experienced"! We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you visit Vancouver.

Warm Regards,