“All you need in the heart of Vancouver”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Although there may be grander hotels, or properties with better views, it is impossible to fault the Hyatt Regency for its convenience, its location, its facilities and especially its staff.
Right in the heart of downtown nowhere is much more than a 15 or 20 minute walk away and if you are touring by car then the underground car park with hotel-arranged day pass privileges is ideal/ The rooms are large and well equipped and whilst they may not all look out onto the harbour the higher rooms ensure you'll see the mountains one way or another.
We book-ended a trip to the Rockies with a stay at the Hyatt Regency at the start and end of our trip and it provided an ideal base to explore all the attractions of this great and dynamic city. It is worth taking a Club room for the access to the Club lounge where you can get breakfast and evening snacks plus tea or coffee throughout the day and there is an honesty bar for that sun-downer to accompany the sunset!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sue-and-Steve-Ascot
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Sue-and-Steve-Ascot,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Regency Club lounge. We hope to be able to welcome you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A modern city hotel in the heart of Vancouver. You can access to the Burrad skytrain station within a minute, Starbucks on site, online check in/out available, multilingual staff at the reception and complimentary internet access. I guess only for a Hyatt Gold Passport member, so I signed it up for when checking in. Otherwise internet maybe surcharge.

The room I stayed had a nice city view and was very spacious as well as clean. I booked Grain Tasting plan which included 50 dollar credit to Grain Tasting Bar in the lobby floor. They had a good wine list (both by the glass and bottle). I enjoyed some local wines by the glass and a cheese plate with them.

My booking didn't include breakfast, so I had to pay extra. Since the tables were full, guests cued up and service was not that fast. I waited for about five minutes to be seated. There were breakfast options: made-to-order or buffet. I had a made-to-order French toast and the quality was awesome!!

At the time of check out, I found the invoice said inaccurate amount (kind of over charge). But the receptionist solved the problem very quickly. I appreciated it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 106XIN
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in Vancouver on business. The location was ideal. Lots within easy walking distance including great restaurants and shopping. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly. Stay on the 14th floor and had a balcony with a lovely view of the waterfront and downtown. Wifi connection was easy and consistent which facilitated the ease of the trip. I suppose they cater to business travellers, but they do this very well.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel. I came here about 4 years ago but this time I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The location is great. We spent 5 days in Vancouver without renting a car; the skytrain station is just a minute away and the hotel is surrounded by excellent restaurants. The only improvement I would suggest is their registration desk. Although the staff are great, I believe they are understaffed as the wait time to check in and out seems longer than what I have experienced in other hotels.

2  Thank BearMommy
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the hotel for business and I extended my stay for the weekend. The hotel is modern and very clean. The rooms on the higher floors have great views, the location is very convenient. Although I requested originally a room with a king size bed nothing was available when I arrived. Therefore after waiting for few hours in the lobby I ended up accepting a room with 2 double beds. I was offered to change the room, which I did after few days and my luggage was transferred by the staff to my new room. The staff was helpful, especially the jolly staff (particularly Steven, the "happy guy"), always cheerful, friendly and smiling from the Starbucks coffee on the first floor - great to see them all for a fresh start each morning.

Room Tip: I stayed at the hotel for business, then I continued to stay for few days for an extended weekend. A...
1  Thank Ina_31
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Ina_31,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and that you found all of our staff to be helpful! I will be certain to also pass along your kind words to Steven! We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have visited Vancouver many times and always given the downtown Hyatt Regency a miss.
Stayed this week and was pleasantly surprised. It wad the best hotel experience I've had in years. Friendly staff. Modern. Efficient and comfortable. My room was spacious with lots of outlets for charging devices. (Beats crawling on the floor under beds looking for electrical outlets.)

1  Thank TorontoMcKenzie

Dear TorontoMcKenzie,

Thank you very much for reviewing your stay. I am happy to hear that during this visit to Vancouver you decided to try our hotel, and that you were "pleasantly surprised" with your stay! It is great to hear that it was the best experience that you've had in hotels in years, and we hope that we can be your preferred hotel during your future trips to the city.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a great location with reasonable pricing for a large city. Room was spacious and clean with a refrigerator and two queen beds; it also had a pretty view of the city. It's an easy walk to amenities and plenty of sight seeing. While there is not a complimentary breakfast, there are several reasonable breakfast options and grocery shops. I also enjoyed the adjacent spa as well as the pool and hot tub. Be sure to walk a few blocks down Burrard and see the magnificent architecture of the Marine Building.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business