“Modern, Clean, Good Location”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 July 2014

From the outside the hotel looks like a nondescript skyscraper but once you get inside it is clean and modern both in the lobby as well as the room. We arrived earlier than the check in time and we were given our rooms right away. The elevator system is quite interesting. You touch on your floor number before you get in the elevator and it tells you what elevator to take. The rooms had nice modern tasteful decor. The bed was comfortable and the linens were of good quality. I opted for a upgraded view room and was on the 31st floor and had a beautiful view of the harbour and was able to enjoy both the sunset and sunrise. Location wise the hotel is quite central to all of the major downtown attractions. Free WiFi was only available in the lobby. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,846)

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I have stayed at the Hyatt twice now, and I have loved it both times!
The rooms aren't huge, but they are clean, bright and modern. The bathrooms are great...and again, so super clean!!
I had a restful nights sleep with no interruptions (which is really the most important part of my stay in hotels).
I did want to thank one staff member in particular, Jamie (I think the is one for the FOH managers), we met on my first stay here, and talked about our love of the Rough Riders, he was super nice, and funny...a great person to chat with after a few days of traveling alone. I went back to the Hyatt to have a drink, a few months after that while staying in Nort Van, and he instantly remembered me, and was thoughtful enough to take care of a glass of wine for me, with the comment saying "Great Guest". Thanks Jamie for making me feel so welcome here, I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: Away from elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BC_valleyrestaurant
BrandiLasanen, Executive Office at Hyatt Regency Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Angela S,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed both your visits to our hotel, and I will be certain to pass along your kind words to Jamie. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed 7 lovely nights at this hotel. So many positive points:
Location is right in the heart of everything. Few minutes walk to Robson street famous for shopping and restaurants. Few minutes to Canada Place and convention center. Burrard metro station is next to the hotel, buses stop in front of hotel, shopping center next door, hop on hop off picks up from hotel door, capilano free shuttle picks up from hotel door.
Breakfast buffet was very good with several choices as well and staff very friendly.
The mattresses and pillows were the most comfortable I've tried in a while.
Hotel staff were very helpful in all aspects especially MacKenzie and Vanessa at the concierge desk. They were very helpful in sorting out our inquiries and provided suggestions where to go or what to do and helped with reservations.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Maher_DxB
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property post cruise last September 2013 and could not have been more pleased. Reserved a NSK on a high floor. I called ahead after breakfast and inquired about an early check in and was told my room was ready. Arrived at the hotel and greeted by a very friendly and professional front desk staff. Check in was a breeze and we were off to our room . The room itself had incredible sweeping views of the harbor. The decor was very modern and tastefully decorated. The in room coffee was also very good. Oh and did I mention there is a Starbucks in the lobby. We had breakfast every morning in the hotel dining room and could not have been more happy with the service and food quality . Definitely top notch . This hotel is right in the middle of all the action and the concierge staff is very accommodating. Would stay here again and highly recommend to others when visiting this fine city. Thank you Hyatt Vancouver staff for a job well done.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I stayed at the Hyatt for business and would definitely go back, even for pleasure. The staff was extremely helpful, the hotel was clean, and it was well-situated to most sites and attractions. If you need to go to the convention center, it's less than a 10-minute walk. Most attractions were within walking distance.There's also a bus about a block away that takes you directly to Kitsilano Beach!

Room Tip: Most rooms have a view, but you may want to ask for one facing North so you'll see the mountains...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I am currently staying in the hotel and writing this review from my room, I waited 24 hours before writing this because this is only the 2nd negative review I have ever written and I am a senior adviser for trip advisor...I did this booking thru an online company, not something I usually do but, also not my first time, when I was getting closer to Vancouver I realized I was getting to town about 1 pm so I called to see if early check in was an option, I was greeted very nicely and informed my 2 double beds were ready and I could check in early, I indicated I thought I asked for 1 king bed,...no problem we have room come check in we can sort this out, when I arrived I was wearing a golf shirt and flip flops, I got the once over from the bell man, then he nicely told me to go ahead and check in he would get my bags while my wife waited by the vehicle, I went and stood in a long line, 2 clerks were working a few minutes later one more clerk came out and the person behind me went straight to them, then a minute or so later another clerk came and the person behind me went to them, I was starting to feel invisible, when I got my turn the clerk was nice said for some reason I had definitely booked and paid for 2 double beds something I would never do on purpose and said there was a small fee to switch to 1 king, it was $25 and I was not unhappy about that, she then asked my about my luggage and I mentioned the bellman was unloading she looked up a pile of luggage and asked if that was mine I indicated no, she did more work , looked up again said are you sure, I looked again not mine, asked about parking I signed up for the $45 valet service and went tot get my luggage when I got to the front door my car was parked right where I left it my wife standing beside it and all the luggage inside, the bellman was talking to his partner, they both jumped to the ready when I showed up with an actual key and wanted valet but until then the flip flops were telling them this guy aint stayin...we arrived at the room and wanted ice we waited 35 minute before cancelling the ice and going out. but the kicker is NO FREE WIFI NO FREE WIFI NO FREE WIFI, THEY PUT IT IN THE DISCLAIMER BUT IT IS ONLY FREE IN THE LOBBY WHICH IS CROWDED WITH PEOPLE USING IT...TOO FUNNY HIGH END HOTEL AND thrifty CLIENTS LOOKING FOR FREE WIFI IN THE LOBBY, this is a service which should be provided like water in a tap, I just stayed at the delta 2 nights earlier their policy is they want you connected the moment you walk in....here you have 2 choices $10/day for average internet or $15/ day for the good stuff...in a hotel of this stature that is despicable...I intend to return here every 2 weeks and write a terrible review until this place gets the ranking it deserves...it is pretentious and they think their name will carry the day but you cant say you have free Wi-Fi and then in fine print offer it in the lobby only I expect that from a lesser establishment not a Hyatt...If they are proud of their Wi fi policy then put it out there in big print, many of the clients here appear to be business travelers and I guess they charge it to the company but somewhere some one in the company will see this and say that is not an expense we should have to pay ..it is 2014 and Wi-Fi in a public building of this size should be free!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andy W

Dear Andy W,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with our Guest Services Manager today regarding your concerns. We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay and will be following up with our team. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future so we can show you the high level of service that we are known for.

Warm Regards,
Brandi

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a fine hotel with all the services up to Hyatt standards. The staff is good and knows how to take care of cruise guests--the bell services are great!

The location is excellent for an easy/inexpensive cab ride to the cruise terminal--which is very well organized for departures.

We spent a couple of days in the city prior to our cruise, but could have spent a week--as we have done in the past. There is a lot to see and do in the city. The food options are wonderful!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better--this is a busy city and there can be traffic noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family