“Great location, nice hotel”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #25 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great location, nice hotel”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We just returned from 5 days in Vanvouver BC. What a great town. Friendly, clean, easy to get around. This was our first trip so I wasn't sure of locations and where we might want to stay. after reading trip advisor, tour books and some Vancouver blogs I decided on the Hyatt Regency Vancouver located on Burrard. It was perfect. The location was walkable to so many sights (Canada Place, Gastown, Stanley Park, Robson St.)
We opted for a balcony room. This room came(2001) with a good size covered balcony with 2 chairs and a table. We had a partial view of the water. It was perfect for an evening cocktail. The room was good size with a king size bed. Clean and well kept. The bathroom was decent size with a tub/shower and good size counter space. there was also a refrigerator in the room as well as a safe in the closet.
We arrived at the hotel around 3:00 and were able to check in even thought the check in time is 4:00. The receptionist even showed us a room map when I asked if the room shared a wall with the elevator( it did not).
The elevator system is different from any other hotel I have stayed in. It is all digital. There are several screens located OUTSIDE the elevators. You press the floor you want to go to then the system tells you what elevator door to go to. Never waited more the a few seconds and elevators were never crowded. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 2001 was a covered balcony room with partial views of the water.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Our family of 5 stayed for just under a week when my husband was working downtown. The hotel exceeded our expectations.

Upon arrival, we learned that many of the rooms don't accommodate a cot. So we asked if we could upgrade to a suite. When none were available, the wonderful front desk staff arranged a corner room with a bit more space to place a cot. It was a perfect amount of space for our crew.

Rooms are quiet, cleaners are top-notch, and everything runs smoothly. My husband sent laundry out and when there was a mistake, it was promptly rectified.

The location is great - walking distance to everything. And the starbucks in the lobby was a real treat.

We would stay again in a heartbeat - and hope we get a chance!

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 doubles can't accommodate cot - get a corner room if you need this extra space
SanClemente, CA
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My husband and I took our 3 grandchildren on an Alaska cruise. We spent 3 days at the Hyatt Vancouver prior to the cruise. I can't say enough about how wonderful the staff there was. Prior to arriving, I had called to work out our room situation. They were able to work out a 1 BR suite attached to a standard room (essentially giving us a 2 bedroom suite with 3 bathrooms). Extremely comfortable, everyone had their own space. Beds were very comfortable. Concierge lounge provided an excellent breakfast assortment. My husband especially enjoyed the smoked salmon which he said was some of the best he has ever had. Lounge was open till 9:00 every day with different delicacies provided at various times. Cruise terminal was a few block walk. There was an exit to the subway system right next to the hotel which provided great coverage to main areas of Vancouver and to the airport. I could not imagine a better place to stay.

Valletta, Malta
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel ten days ago and returned here today after visiting Anchorage , Alaska. Hyatt is a great hotel to stay in. The staff is so helpful and pleasant. The rooms are so spacious and clean. The location is central and within walking distance to great restaurants and shopping centers. Rooms were given to us immediately upon arrival, just as we booked them , with our kids close to us and on the same floor. I shall definitely look for Hyatt hotels in the future. The staff at Hyatt regency in Vancouver especially the front office staff are so helpful and always welcome you with a warm smile. Thank you Hyatt for making my holiday more special.

Room Tip: I have stayed in different rooms the 2 times I've been here and they were both excellent.
Green Features: A very comfortable hotel, home away from home. Nice bar and a nice coffee shop inside this hotel.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I guess this hotel has not got the memo yet......everything was wonderful EXCEPT the wi-fi. $15 in your room, $0 in public areas. How to fill up your lobby? Free wi-fi. A real nickel and dime operation.
OTHERWISE......Starbucks on the ground floor, a nice bar with windows open in summer so you can see the street, fairly close to the center, really neat elevator knobs, but the wi-fi situation irked me...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, OR
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I am a regular traveler and have stayed at hotels all around the world. This was my first time at a Hyatt Regency and I was very unimpressed. The hotel was very neat, modern, and clean, but had a somewhat generic feel about it. Additional art and color would help liven it up.
The one thing that annoyed my the most was that my room didn't have a mini-bar nor any snacks of any kind. I don't mind ordering room service and I certainly don't mind going down to the bar, but when a traveller gets in from a long day, sometimes you just want to grab a cold drink out of the fridge and relax. Or have a bag of chips. But to walk into a hotel of this caliber only to be greeted by warm water and a coffee maker is ridiculous.
The wifi internet was a constant pain. I don't mind paying for internet if the quality is good, but it seemed that I had to enter my name and room number to authenticate every single time I woke up my phone. I was there for four days and was endlessly logging into the wireless.
Finally, the pool was very small and was shaded most of the day making it impossible to lay out in the sun.
These things may seem like minor nit-picks, but with the quality of hotel choices in Vancouver, there's a lot of other places that would provide a superior and more luxurious experience for the same amount of money.
One thing that was awesome was the Grain bar. It's a great spot that is up a floor off the street. They can open their windows in warm weather to provide an expansive street view and a breeze. The vibe is modern and the staff is excellent. They have a vast array of inventive cocktail choices that are of very high quality. It's too bad that the vibe and the decor of Grain doesn't influence the rest of this rather drab and corporate hotel.

Room Tip: High floors have great views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank jyoun3
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We travelled to Vancouver as a big family together with two of my little grandchildren and were just too happy that the staff were flexible enough to add an extra bed and a big room so we could stay together in one room. Location was very good to explore the city especially since it was our first time in Vancouver. Food was good and offered a very good value for money. We enjoyed our stay.

2 Thank gonzalo g