“Lousy restaurant”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Issaquah, Washington, USA
“Lousy restaurant”
Reviewed 1 December 2009

11 of of our family dined here on a Thursday night. Food was spotty (some good, some terrible). Service was good but the server could not get our bill correct. It took about 45 minutes and three trips to finally get them right. Would not go back again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (607)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 November 2009

The entire staff was so pleasant from start to finish. Their warm welcome set the tone for the 5 days we were there. The only slight problem was the concierge staff was not always available - but the clerks knowingly told us to ask the head bellmen (who had many years of experience!) The restaurant was hard to find (hidden upstairs, with poor signage). It was pricey but had a great 3-course special for $29 that was delish! The hotel management could do a little more PR for them to help dinner business? We were near transportation, shopping centers. Signed up for a hop on and off tour bus which was fine for first-timers like us. A 24-hour McD for budget snacks, with a small mall attached.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 29 October 2009

My boyfriend and his mother gave me trip to Vancouver for my 21st birthday. It was booked though a travel agent. Once I was made aware of the trip I was instantly excited, the excitment quickly turned into panic when I did my round of double checks on our flights and hotel. EVERYTHING was incorrect, wrong name on my flight pass, wrong room type....it was unbelievably. When we tried to complain and get some kind of fix for our trouble we were told " well sh** happens, im sorry my brother died and was not able to help her with this, next time i wont go to his funeral". The point to my story..as much as I was excited I was dreading the troubles we were going to have once we landed.

Once we arrived we had no troubles with our bags or anything (good sign I was hoping) we grabbed a ride to our hotel soon after our landing and were greated by lovely staff at the front door. Our bags were taking and brought to the front desk where we checked in with the sweetest front desk agent. Aftter an effortless check in we were taken to the elevator and shown where our room was. Our room was upgraded to a lovely balcony suite with a view of the street below...it was everything I dreamed and more! We had no problems with noise other than the cars below which i expected. Our extra lock on our door did look like it was ripped open but we called down and went to lunch and by the time we were back it was fixed. Whenever we asked for directions or anything the guest service agents were so quick to help to the best of there ability. We also were given a beautiful gift compliments of the chef for my birthday which left me breathless! The pool facilities are decent, the hot tub sure gets packed though.

My only complaints were the ridiculous prices of things. My local call was even charged. We avoided anything of any charge as best we could. No internet included, buisness center was pricey to even use there computers

Other than that our stay was lovely and I would definitly reccomend this hotel to anyone who doesnt mind spending that little extra for a celebration or special night, you wont be dissapointed if you are willing shell out the coin.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bearworly
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 25 October 2009

just what you can expect from this kind of hotel. Location is good, walking distance to the harbour and all touristic spots in Vancouver.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

That hotel was amazing, very nive and extremely great people.

Stayed June 2009
Houston
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean and the bed had fluffy, comfortable covers on it. Our view of Vancouver was nice. The amenities in the bathroom were very enjoyable; I don't remember the brand of the lotion, shampoo, etc., but they had a ginger scent and I took the extras with me.
Right next to the hotel is a little mall with several places to eat, so if you don't want to spend alot of money on food, you can walk next door.
The staff was attentive and polite.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank snydertxgal
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Location

Located in downtown Vancouver, on Burrard Street, this hotel is well situated for sightseeing. It is within easy reach of more or less all of the main tourist attractions in the city centre, and I couldn’t have asked for a better location.

Price

We booked through priceline & got a really good rate of £60/night for a double room. The usual rate is around $250, so we got a good bargain!

Room facilities

Our room had 2 double beds, a desk/work area, 2 telephones, flat screen TV, air conditioning, coffee machine, mini-bar, clock radio with i-pod dock & en-suite with shower and bath.
WiFi access is available in the rooms, but at a charge of $15/day. I was disappointed with this, as lower priced hotel/motel chains such as Comfort Inn & HoJo offer free WiFi.

Hotel facilities

The hotel itself is very large with numerous facilities. There are several bar/cafes and a restaurant. There is a well equipped fitness centre with weights, workout machines, and an outdoor heated pool & hot tub. There is no extra charge to use the fitness centre.
Underground parking is available at a charge of $25/day.

Check-In

The check-in procedure was very impressive. I used the express check in machines, similar to those seen in airports. I swiped my credit card, and the machine checked me in, taking about 5 minutes. It prints a receipt & then shoots out your room keys! Very quick & efficient and saved me joining the queue at the reception desk. Very impressed.

Staff

Staff at the hotel were very friendly and extremely helpful & professional. There are staff everywhere around the reception area, offering help with bags, providing local information, anything you require.

What’s included in the price

Our room price was room only. Internet access, parking and breakfast were all available at extra charges. Breakfast was a hot buffet at $25 per person - we chose to go to the Tim Hortons located right underneath the hotel instead!
You get complimentary waffle robes, soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, massage bar, notepad, pens, tea and coffee all provided in the room .
I was very impressed with the room. It was huge and spacious, very comfortable and had a luxurious feel. The “extras” (toiletries, robes etc) were of high quality and added a special touch.

Overall impression

My impression is that you pay a little more for a nice room, but don’t get anything else for free. For example, internet access, parking & breakfast are all at an added charge.
Overall, this is a really nice hotel in an excellent location. The fitness centre is great, especially the outdoor hot tub. Rooms are large and comfortable and you are made to feel very welcome by staff.
Recommended.