“Excellent location and service”

Hyatt Regency Vancouver
Ranked #27 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 November 2010

We were travelling on business and as I was so busy with meetings and work that I didn't spend that much time in the hotel. I did however, find the staff to be really helpful and they offered excellent service.

The staff on the front desk were really good with helping with all my requests and questions and the staff in the breakfast room were also really friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The breakfast spread was excellent and well worth it, if you have time in the morning. Having a Starbucks in the lobby was also really handy for getting a coffee on my really early morning starts.

On the downside, I am sure that I had a smoking room, even though I always request no smoking. It smelt really smokey and musty but I wasn't able to be moved. I could also hear my neighbour's TV through the wall and late one night had to make a noise complaint as a loud gathering was happening next door and I could hear every word. That was dealt with immediately though, so it wasn't a huge problem.

The hotel is well located for getting to all Vancouver's main attractions and there are plenty of excellent restaurants and shops nearby.

Overall this is a classic Hyatt property - it probably won't wow you in any way - but it will provide you with an excellent base for either business or leisure.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LCS81

Reviewed 21 November 2010

Located in the heart of the city from where you can explore this great city. Freat atmosphere. Rooms and beds are perfect!! Should have them back home ;) Staff is friendly, efficient and helpful. Breakfast is just great, smoked salmon, pick your own ingredients for your omelet, too good really.
Go and bike around Stanley Park !!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2010

It was a pretty fancy hotel with very nice, spacious rooms, awesome balconies if you can get one, great service. Very central to the nice downtown area of Vancouver... pretty much near everything. Everyone that works there is very friendly.
The hotel had a pretty well stocked Starbucks at the entrance, a bar that was open most of the time, and a super cute trendy restaurant. I'm totally thinking about copying the way they serve their penuts in vases BTW...:) The beds were very comfortable and it was probobly the best night sleep I've had in a while on a hotel bed. I have to say, and this could be a pro or a con, the hotel and the rooms retain heat VERY well. Our room would get super hot if we didn't open our balcony window. I think the rooms are pretty quiet, but we didn't have anyone in the ajoining room that I know of, but we heard the cleaning crew when they were in it...Anyway, at night our room was so quiet that we opened the balcony window to let in all of the street noise. (I've mentioned in my past review that we need to sleep with some sort of "white noise" and street noise works great!)
I had pretty high hopes for the Hyatt and I was a little dissapointed in a couple of small details. There was no fan in the bathroom, which I thought very strange, and there was no free wi-fi (my friend later told me that the pricier the hotel, the less free stuff you get).
I don't know if I'd pay as much as we did to stay there again, but it was really nice. I'd be fine with a lower budget hotel I think though, but it is downtown Van...so it's all probobly pretty expensive.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2010

Great location, beautiful accommodations and friendly personnel.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We travelled from australia for 20 hours, and this place was heaven as we entered the door. Rooms were immaculate and roomy! Beds were better than mine at home, bathroom fully renovated classy and elegant throughout. Two beds and Study area. Best location, walking distance to transport and the harbour and robson street for shopping food. We got a discount so was well worth it! Staff were friendly and helpful also. Will be back if the price is still good!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank KLS7
Reviewed 2 November 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights in August 2010. This hotel is amazing. It is so beautiful. Our room was beautifully decorated in greys and blacks. I love the floor to ceiling windows and our view was breathtaking. The room was very clean along with the bathroom. It is in a great location. We were a very short drive from Stanley Park. My only complaint was the cost of parking. We were charged $50 a night for valet parking. The pool was clean and a big hit with my daughter. We will definately stay here again when we visit Vancouver.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2010

The Hyatt Vancouver is a beautiful hotel in an amazing city. I don't really have any complaints about the room or amenities. It was a little pricey, but I guess that is to be expected in a large city. My major complaint is that I purchased the business plan which included free internet, free calls within Cananda and the U.S., free bottle of water each day and free buffet breakfast each day (not including tip). You would think that they could get their computer system to remove these charges automatically, but my final bill was wrong. They didn't remove any of my breakfast charges. I also had to ask the front desk for the maid to bring me waters each day. After I drank my first 2 bottles, she just didn't bother bringing any more, even though I was there for 5 days. And to use the internet, you still have to click that you agree to pay $11.95 a day (or whatever the daily fee was) when you log-in. It doesn't give you the option of stating you are on the business plan, so this creates a bit of confussion as one might fear being charged for the internet even though it is included in the business plan. They need to fine tune their business plan to make it seamless for the traveller.
Their are lots of restaurants nearby. The waterfront is only 3-4 blocks away and their is a great waterfront walkway/bikeway called the Seawall that begins beside the convention center - right down the street from the hotel. This walkway follows the waterfront all the way to Stanley Park. Then you can run for 5.5 miles around the perimeter of Stanley Park. It is a beautiful Park. We went to Capilano suspension bridge, but I felt this was way overrated - especially if you have ever walked across a pedestrian suspension bridge. There is really nothing noteworthy there. We also went up to Grouse Mountain. Not much to do there either, but it did offer nice views of Vancouver and the surrounding valley/plain. And they had two grizzly bears which were neat to view. Vancouver itself was probably the most beautiful city I have ever seen and also the cleanest. I just wish I had more time to visit more outlying areas.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business